Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,110 times

Advertisements

Since Christians think that "no one cometh to the Father but by me"[Jesus], what do they think becomes of those people who have never heard of or been exposed to the teachings of Jesus? Limbo? Just lay in the grave? Go to hell? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 01:19 PM

117 posts, read 235,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Since Christians think that "no one cometh to the Father but by me"[Jesus], what do they think becomes of those people who have never heard of or been exposed to the teachings of Jesus? Limbo? Just lay in the grave? Go to hell? Just curious.
I'll put in sence you asked a question

I dont think theres crulity involved , if they never have been exposed why wouldnt they have the same choices we've had , but im assuming there died and would be faced with the issue of God if they accept the Father and the Son and who wouldnt if they were able to know for a fact.

If they didnt except after seeing for themselves who knows it may not be good.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:29 PM

14,875 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Quote:
Some Christians believe that they will go to eternal hell, some believe that they will experience eternal death, and some believe that all will eventually be restored to the God. There may be other beliefs. God bless.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:25 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Romans 1:18-20 says that the truth is known to them instinctively and no one will have an excuse for not knowing God.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:30 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,765 times
I've known of some who believe that they are lost or not worthy of experiencing truth. I've also heard that people will incarnate until they receive the truth. And I've also heard of people doing baptisms for the dead, meaning that they will get baptized for the one's who did not hear the truth.

I personally don't understand any of those.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:36 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I've known of some who believe that they are lost or not worthy of experiencing truth. I've also heard that people will incarnate until they receive the truth. And I've also heard of people doing baptisms for the dead, meaning that they will get baptized for the one's who did not hear the truth.

I personally don't understand any of those.
I don't believe any of this is Biblical.

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 10-13-2008 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: left out word

Old 10-13-2008, 03:55 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Romans 1:18-20 says that the truth is known to them instinctively and no one will have an excuse for not knowing God.
If that's the case, then why is there even a need for evangelism?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:26 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,625 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: deleted To say that people automatically "know" about a god is completely absurd. What your essentially saying that babies who can't even comprehend things like a mommy and daddy are able to understand the concept of a supernatural being. That makes no sense at all.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-14-2008 at 04:41 AM..

Old 10-13-2008, 05:42 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
On the other hand, after years of attending Christian schools and asking many questions, which were never really answered, I researched other religions looking for one that made sense to me...I found none, but in my research came to the conclusion that all religions are invented by humans for various reasons, the main one being fear of death. Instinct does not apply here.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,526 times
I believe God judges by the amount of light, or knowledge of him, that people are exposed to. So the person who never heard of Jesus is judged on if they feel God exsists. The Bible says that even looking at creation mankind should know that God exsists and they are without excuse.
In the book of Judges it says, "Will not the Judge of the world do right". I don't claim to understand everything but I do believe that God is a perfect, loving, and just God who will do the right thing. I believe young children who don't understand are under God's grace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity