Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 02:58 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times

Advertisements

yeah.. waters just getting muddier.

You have God. Then you have the Son of God who is really God. Then God tells himself to go and save all mankind. God does this then at the end of his time here asks himself why he has forsaken himself.

To quote Denzel Washington in Philadelphia:

"Explain it to me like I'm a four year old"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 03:06 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

You have God. Then you have the Son of God who is really God. Then God tells himself to go and save all mankind. God does this then at the end of his time here asks himself why he has forsaken himself.

The relationship is Father and Son, but since they are both spirit we can't fully compare it to anything we know.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:17 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:

Jesus converses with God ALL through the bible, not just on the cross.

If you don't believe Jesus is God then Jesus must be a created being and if He is a created being. How is Jesus death sufficient enough to repay NOT cover but paid in full all of man's sins, past, present and future?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:20 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

If you don't believe Jesus is God then Jesus must be a created being and if He is a created being. How is Jesus death sufficient enough to repay NOT cover but paid in full all of man's sins, past, present and future?
Because even if Christ was created...he was created perfect. His sinless self was more than sufficient to buy back the promise of everlasting life that Adam lost.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:

Thats your answer? More questions?

How you would explain it to a four year old?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
Because even if Christ was created...he was created perfect. His sinless self was more than sufficient to buy back the promise of everlasting life that Adam lost.
Well I already know the JW's version. Where was that verse? Jesus being created perfect and I don't see how a created being can pay in full the sins of humanity which go on forever?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Thats your answer? More questions?

How you would explain it to a four year old?
That is my answer, ONLY Jesus who is God himself could pay for the sins of the world. Jesus is the perfect sacrifice, which God promised Adam He would send, "The lamb led to the slaughter" The Jews knew this which is why they had animal (lamb) sacrifice which COVERED their sins, there wasn't enough blood from lambs in the world that could pay for all man's sins which is why Jesus is the "perfect sacrifice" His blood is sufficient because He is God.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:40 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times
Quote:
Well I already know the JW's version. Where was that verse. Jesus being created perfect and I don't see how and created being perfect or not can paid in full the sins of humanity which go on forever?

What are you asking me? Whether Christ was created, perfect, or whether it's possible that he could buy back mankind?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:49 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
Quote:
God is love, then God always loved. Who did an eternal being love if not another eternal being? An eternal being could not have always loved a being with a beginning.

If God is by His lonesome then He must be psyzo because He refers to Himself in a plurality form. "Let US make man in OUR image"
Who created man? Did one being create man or did two beings create man? Since your rendering of Elohim means plural then that must mean that 2 people created man. According to you..it says... let US make man in OUR image. But I notice from your other post that you espouse the fundamentilist church doctrine...so I`m assuming you believe one man..Jesus... created everything. But then the scripture goes on to say HE created man in His image, in the image of God created He him...not they created man in their image. Elohim is used with singular pronouns in Genesis and other scripture as well. But even so, neither you or I or anyone else knows when God said this. In my opinion, he had already created Jesus and perhaps that is what it means. Jesus is the firstborn of all CREATION, that I do know because the scripture clearly says that. I also believe that Jesus is the person through whom God created everything..again because the bible clearly says so. I also know that Jesus is sitting at the right hand of someone and that someone is the Father because scripture clearly says so...he is not sitting at the right hand of himself. Jesus is also subject to someone and that someone is the Father...not himself. There are just way,way, way, way too many scripture that say there is one God almighty. You have to infer and spin scripture and say this means that and that means this to arrive at a trinity. I guess if you can spin something well enough and assume enough and read stuff into scripture you can make a case for a three in one God. The church certainly has enough people believing in it. But I prefer to stick to straight scripture and not the church`s version. I understand you disagree and I understand you are well indoctrinated in the church and it`s system. I also understand that I`m not changing your mind.. only God can do that. I`m just stating my belief and opinion.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
That is my answer, ONLY Jesus who is God himself could pay for the sins of the world. Jesus is the perfect sacrifice, which God promised Adam He would send, "The lamb led to the slaughter" The Jews knew this which is why they had animal (lamb) sacrifice which COVERED their sins, there wasn't enough blood from lambs in the world that could pay for all man's sins which is why Jesus is the "perfect sacrifice" His blood is sufficient because He is God.
Why the need for the trinity then? Why not just say.. Jesus was God himself... as you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity