U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:29 PM

78 posts, read 175,210 times

Advertisements

My Husband and I were considering having antoher child. We both prayed and about it for over a month. He got the answer of no and I got the answer of yes. It's very hard for me, I feel like I'm being torchered. What to do now? Do I harken to the word of my husband, or believe in the answers I received from my Father above?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,152,638 times
Maybe you should just discuss it as two people who love each other and not rely on answers from god. Christianity teaches that god knows what is best for us, right?So...if you are not meant to conceive a baby then you will not...or vice-versa. Mmm?

Old 10-14-2008, 03:29 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,372,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Maybe you should just discuss it as two people who love each other and not rely on answers from god. Christianity teaches that god knows what is best for us, right?So...if you are not meant to conceive a baby then you will not...or vice-versa. Mmm?

Actually this is the best advice.

Don't use contraceptives, and let the magic of creation happen. If so, then it is to His Glory. If not, it is to His Glory.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

Don't use contraceptives, and let the magic of creation happen. If so, then it is to His Glory. If not, it is to His Glory.
I would love to do that. My husband says no way. He already knows what will happen if we dont use birth control. He says he believes his answer comes from god, but seems unwilling to try and put his trust to use that way.
We have discussed it as two people who love eachother. We both still walk away feeling frustrated with eachother.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 PM

3,528 posts, read 7,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

I agree. Let God be the decision maker. Whatever is meant to be will be.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:33 PM

3,412 posts, read 9,028,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borntobeme View Post
I would love to do that. My husband says no way. He already knows what will happen if we dont use birth control. He says he believes his answer comes from god, but seems unwilling to try and put his trust to use that way.
We have discussed it as two people who love eachother. We both still walk away feeling frustrated with eachother.
Sounds like your husband doesn't want any kids, and is using "god's" answer (excuse) to help his situation.
What would happen if you stop using birth control and conceive? Will your husband be happy or upset?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,772,205 times
Quote:
If your husband doesn`t want any children at this time...honor his wishes. Don`t deceive him by not using birth control. If God wants you to have children..you will have children...birth control or no birth control. By the way....if you believe God really wants you to conceive don`t you think he would give your husband that same answer? Why would God want you to believe one thing and your husband something else? God`s will ....will be done one way or the other but he has already made it clear in his word that the husband is the head of the woman just as Christ is head of the church. So if your husband doesn`t want children but you do...then just wait on the Lord and his will shall be done.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:08 PM

We currently dont use any birth control. But are not trying to get pregante either.
I would never try to conceive on my own with out his help.

I have decided to trun it all over to God. If my answer truly came from him then I believe it will happen. I just dont understand why we were both given diffrent answers. It's very troubling to me.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:23 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,643,856 times
Quote:

I have decided to trun it all over to God. If my answer truly came from him then I believe it will happen. I just dont understand why we were both given diffrent answers. It's very troubling to me.

You both were not given "different answers"...God does not say one thing to one person, and say the opposite to the other. I suspect that one of you likely heard from God, the other is only saying they did...to support their personal view of the matter...

You might want to sit down with your husband and ask "why do you feel that you don't want any more kids"...

Communication is so important in any marriage...

Bud

Old 10-15-2008, 07:03 PM

2,670 posts, read 3,552,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
You both were not given "different answers"...God does not say one thing to one person, and say the opposite to the other. I suspect that one of you likely heard from God, the other is only saying they did...to support their personal view of the matter...

You might want to sit down with your husband and ask "why do you feel that you don't want any more kids"...

Communication is so important in any marriage...

Bud
Bud is right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity