U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:14 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,729,196 times

Advertisements

We haven't had a Praises and Blessings thread in such a long while.

Think of your day today and find the blessings God has bestowed upon you and give a shout out of Priase....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 10:24 PM

21,422 posts, read 29,551,815 times
What a great thread! Tomorrow is my 14th wedding anniversary and I am so thankful to God for sending me such a wonderful, loving Christian man who loves me the way the Bible teaches a man is to love his wife, a man who loves God, I am truly blessed!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 PM

First of all, I found blessings this morning when my day started off horrrid.....yet I refused to get angry or give in to bad feelings....I had had a great Bible Study session last night and went to bed so peaceful, I wanted that to continue.

DH was angry with me for something I forgot to do, and ladies, y'all know how they can be espeically first thing in the morning. At first, I was in a huff, but I just didn't want to feel that way, the sun was finally out after a dreary two long days of greys and threats of rain.

So, I dressed and decided to fake it till I made it. I had an errand to run in town, and by golly, by the time I returned home, I was feeling it.

From there, the day just kept on getting better and better, at least to me, but in all actual fact, it was a very busy day, I had much to do and the phone was constant.

After young son came home from school, I found him with someone I really didn't think he should be with and started to get really angry with him...my oldest said he would talk with him, and I said ok and took a walk.

It was during that walk that I felt calm and peace once again descend on me. I started talking to God and telling Him of my fears with the little one, and I asked God to handle the situation.

The rest of the evening went very smoothly. Oldest son had a long talk with young son and although he was a bit grumpy, he was not mad.

DH came home in a much better mood and that was such a blessing.

Praise God for all He does in our everyday lives. Sometimes we just gotta take the time to realize we have many blessings that we tend to overlook.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:33 PM

Wonderful ILNC, what great blessings you are recieving. Praise God for your happy marriage.

and....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY my friend.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:29 AM

Good Morning everyone! The morning awakened with a bright burst of sunshine, just the thing to put one in a cheery mood .

I don't know about you guys, but I have to live by a schedule if I want to accomplish anything during the day. There are so many interuptions if I don't have a guide, I tend to forget what I am doing at times.

After my morning coffee, I reviewed yesterday's schedule and realized that I had crossed out everything but one item. For me, this is a feat in and of itself.

I can only say that it was by the Grace of God that my tasks fell in line and I was able to accomplish them. Praises abound for such a great day.

I am so blessed at the moment. MY family is healthy and happy. I have a job that I love and one that allows me to be just right where I need to be, when I am needed. My family is blessed with a great relationship with one another, Praise God this has become a reality!

I am blessed with all my CD friends who have made such a difference in my life. Thank you my dear friends, and may the love of Christ surround you and give you many blessings for your kindness and wisdom.

Today is a great day! Praise our most High Heavenly Father for His love and support and direction.

blessings to you my friends.....have a great day

Old 10-15-2008, 02:02 PM

13,465 posts, read 21,212,300 times
My day began a little earlier than usual today as my alarm sounded loudly at 4Am, barely three hours after I retired..I jumped out of bed and headed to the kitchen to put the coffee on to drip while I ran back to the bathroom for a quick shower..With the warm water washing the sleepiness from me I spoke to God as I do each morning, but this morning was a little different..Justin, my 17 year old grandson was having surgery to replace a ligament and repair his knee that was damaged in a dirt bike accident a few weeks ago..
I hurridly dressed and poured a cup of coffee and donned my old fleece jacket and headed for the deck, knowing I had just enough time before my daughter and Justin stopped by to take me with them..This morning it was very foggy and dawn wouldn't break for a couple more hours, but the Lord calmed my nervous anticipation of this day with two beautiful full grown deer who stopped and looked toward me on their way to the creek to drink.. The damp fog put just a hint of Autumn in the air and I snuggled a little in my old jacket and savored the fresh clean smell that brought back precious memories this ole jacket comforts me with and once more I spoke a few minutes with my God..A familiar voice brought the reason for my early arising, "Mamaw, are you ready?" Justin slid the door opened knowing where to find me..
Justin is home recouperating now from a successful, long surgery, with just a little allergic complication with some pain medication..Once again my family has been blessed..and once again I give praise to God..

Old 10-15-2008, 02:26 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,987,699 times
It was nice and cloudy out all morning, which means I got an extra-nice nap with my 20-month-old who is usually awakened by the sun coming in the room.

My 6-year-old is over his stomach bug.

Leftovers for dinner, which means I don't have to cook.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:31 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,044,564 times
Thanks aiangel_writer, for such a encouraging thread...

Everyday is a blessing I find! No matter what I am encouraged to know that my Lord is faithful to meet me every morning as He wakes me for the day!!

I guess when you get much older, time is not counted as much when one is younger! You become grateful that He has chosen and given you one more time, to share His loving grace to all those He passes your way.

And today He gave me extra energy to do a lot of things that needed to be done.... and even gave time to make my family an apple pie.
What was so neat is that all my pie plates are packed and He gave the creativeness to come up with a way to make it so the apples did not spoil and go to waste.
I walked into my dinning room and sitting on a box was a casserole dish, yes, a casserole dish. As I was making it, my hb uncle had drop by and came into the kitchen to say hi!
Well I told him my dilemma and he looked and said, well that sure is going to be the deepest apple pie and I'm sure it's gonna taste better than Marie Calendars.... I got so tickled with his complement!!
But that was my precious Lord telling me things will always work out no matter what if we look for it, He'll show us the way!!

Blessings

Old 10-15-2008, 03:47 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,599,921 times
Im thankful, that I have a job, considering what the news tells us. That I have food to eat, and clothes to wear, and that I work with great people. Still trying to fit into my new church. I have a great son and a wonderful husband he loves me deeply, praying one day that he will belive.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:21 PM

Oh blue, I am so glad everything went well. Praise Him for seeing you guys thru this. He is so good to us...blessings to you hon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity