U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:32 AM

2,739 posts, read 7,646,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post

God still raises people from the dead, but when He does so, if they are His, He takes them to be with Him. He does not restore them to this life for them to die again! We have been everything necessary for life and godliness in God's Word.

Preterist

I guess you can believe whatever you want, but He restored Lazarus back to life, and did not take him with Him....he got to spend more years on earth before he died a 2nd time. And....one of the Apostles restored a woman (girl?) back to life. And...there are people walking around alive today, who have died and been brought back to live again...
Here's one example: Ian McCormack - Heaven Hell and the Box Jellyfish

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 11:35 AM

3,031 posts, read 7,869,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
The problem with that belief is that there are people walking around live today, who have died and been brought back to life...
One example: Ian McCormack - Heaven Hell and the Box Jellyfish
No, there really aren't. There are just a lot of people who would have been dead if someone or something hadn't interfered to save them. And I'm not talking about something supernatural, either.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:57 AM

5,137 posts, read 15,101,195 times
something?

You believe it to be ...."we dont know what it is but soon we'll figure it out"....

We believe in God.

Just as you may say that we can't prove that it wasn't supernatural well neither can you prove it wasn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
No, there really aren't. There are just a lot of people who would have been dead if someone or something hadn't interfered to save them. And I'm not talking about something supernatural, either.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:35 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,646,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post

So you are saying that Lazarus wasn't really raised from the dead, because Jesus interfered in the matter? Or that an Apostle didn't actually raise someone from the dead, because he interfered in the matter? Please explain then how one would go about raising someone from the dead, without interfering...? And what is your scripture reference, to back up your assertion?
I believe they were raised from the dead, whether someone "interfered", or not. Quite often in our lives, an "interferer", or intercessor, steps in and changes whether someone lives or dies...
I am sorry that you apparently have an unbelief problem with at least some portion of the Bible. However, I don't believe that the stated unbelief (in this matter) is going to convince Christians that God no longer performs miracles today. I, for one, believe in them, (the raising of the dead, instant healings, and so forth) because I have experienced two miracles myself. I KNOW what I have seen, heard, and felt. I don't need to sit and scratch my head, and ponder for hours, wondering whether they are possible...because I KNOW. Because it has happened to me! Nothing that a pastor, a church, or anyone else believes to the contrary can change what I have experienced myself. I am talking about events that were humanly and scientifically totally impossible to have happened, yet they did.
God is still in the miracle-working business today...
Analogy: Once you have seen one, heard one, touched one, and then flown in an airplane for yourself, then you just know from then on that it is indeed possible for man to fly...and it no longer matters (has any influence or sway) if some may dis-believe...

Bud

Old 02-11-2009, 11:51 AM

205 posts, read 341,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
So you are saying that Lazarus wasn't really raised from the dead, because Jesus interfered in the matter? Or that an Apostle didn't actually raise someone from the dead, because he interfered in the matter? Please explain then how one would go about raising someone from the dead, without interfering...? And what is your scripture reference, to back up your assertion?
I believe they were raised from the dead, whether someone "interfered", or not. Quite often in our lives, an "interferer", or intercessor, steps in and changes whether someone lives or dies...
I am sorry that you apparently have an unbelief problem with at least some portion of the Bible. However, I don't believe that the stated unbelief (in this matter) is going to convince Christians that God no longer performs miracles today. I, for one, believe in them, (the raising of the dead, instant healings, and so forth) because I have experienced two miracles myself. I KNOW what I have seen, heard, and felt. I don't need to sit and scratch my head, and ponder for hours, wondering whether they are possible...because I KNOW. Because it has happened to me! Nothing that a pastor, a church, or anyone else believes to the contrary can change what I have experienced myself. I am talking about events that were humanly and scientifically totally impossible to have happened, yet they did.
God is still in the miracle-working business today...
Analogy: Once you have seen one, heard one, touched one, and then flown in an airplane for yourself, then you just know from then on that it is indeed possible for man to fly...and it no longer matters (has any influence or sway) if some may dis-believe...

Bud
yes i agree to that ,god is still in the miracle , healing ,business today

Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 AM

3,586 posts, read 5,345,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisTruth View Post
This pastor was declared dead for 3 days. They even had written a certificate of death before he came back to life.
He tells his story.

1. Part 1

YouTube - Testimony About Heaven and Hell - He Was There - He was dead and he came back from the afterlife. Authorities recognized his death but no logic explanation was given - Part 1 / 5

2. Part 2

YouTube - Testimony About Heaven and Hell - He was dead and he came back from the afterlife. Part 2 / 5

3. Part 3

YouTube - Testimony About Heaven and Hell - He Was There - He was dead and he came back from the afterlife. Authorities recognized his death but no logic explanation was given - Part 3 / 5

4. Part 4

YouTube - Testimony About Heaven and Hell - He Was There - He was dead and he came back from the afterlife. Authorities recognized his death but no logic explanation was given - Part 4 / 5

5. Part 5

YouTube - Testimony About Heaven and Hell - He Was There - He was dead and he came back from the afterlife. Authorities recognized his death but no logic explanation was given - Part 5 / 5
Actually I did not watch the videos, but I did not have too. I already know that our God is an Awesome God and can raise the dead.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:01 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,569,640 times
I have heard about this case before.

No problem that God can raise the dead. But this guys story does not add up.

Problem is, he is a born again pastor who (anticipating death from his injuries) was praying for forgiveness from God on his way to the hospital but died (the angel later told him) without forgiving his wife for a recent argument so his sins were not forgiven and so he would have to go to hell for them (because his record was blemished with this unforgiveness).

As Pastor Daniel began to panic the angel says "but" ....... (pregnant pause) ..... "the rich man's prayer in Luke 16 will now be answered"! (Talk about the right place at the right time! How lucky can this guy Pastor Daniel dude be???? ) and he then finds out he would not have to go to hell after all (whew - that was CLOSE!) So, does this mean he went to the rich man's 5 brothers? No - it means he gets to go back home and get a second chance to avoid hell. And to warn us. So the rich man's prayer wasn't answered (the angel LIED!!!)

Big problem: According to this story (it actually spells this out) if you happen to die having not absolute forgiveness in your heart for everyone and shown perfect mercy for all whom you ever encountered in this life you will go to hell. You will not get forgiveness or mercy (ie: you must be perfect to be saved ).

This is such absolute B.S. it defies sanity....

I guess this guy would now adhere to the kupp's sinless theory. It's rough too because he was doing ALL HE KNEW to make sure everything was right with God! Wow, this is tricky business.
And, again, how lucky can he be that the Lord sent an angel because He decided to answer the rich man's prayer at the very moment Pastor Daniel was about to get thrown into the flames???

I would say he's the luckiest man in 'alive'

Amazing....

Old 02-12-2009, 11:05 AM

3,586 posts, read 5,345,736 times
We as Christian have to be careful, because not everyones story is believable. Yes, God can raise the dead, but someone can lie. I'm not saying that the pastor is lieing, we really don't know in this case.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,007 times
Jesus Christ is Lord. God is still raising people back from the dead all over the World. How many accounts of Christ's Resurrection Power must you hear before You Believe? When you confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and give your life, will, & everything to Him - You are then receiving & believing everything He has Done, is doing, will do, & CAN do by His Power, Love, & Might. There is NO middle of the road. The Word of God says He will spew the Lukewarm out of His mouth. He would rather you be Hot or Cold. You either believe or do not believe. There is no comfortable medium when it comes to serving Jesus. It is either all or nothing. What a Great Salvation in Jesus Christ! Jesus Loves You far beyond what your human intellect can comprehend. He is a Gentleman though and will not force you to Love Him & Serve Him. He has given us each a choice. Which choice will you make...To receive such a Great Salvation through Jesus Christ or to reject Him and die in your sins...... Please give your heart, soul, mind, body, & spirit to Him - He will HELP YOU. He desires to make YOU HIS OWN and to give you eternal life, Joy, Peace, Love, Grace, & Forgiveness. Please I beg You....Give Your Life to Jesus! It will be the best thing that has ever happened to You! I am a witness! Praise the Name of the Lord! Jesus Christ is Lord of All!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:41 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,569,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjcj View Post
Jesus Christ is Lord. God is still raising people back from the dead all over the World.
Maybe so - but this man's story is bunk. Going to hell for having a fight with his wife and was cut off from a chance to 'make it right' by an accident? But - getting a second chance because right then the rich man (of the rich man and Lazarus fame) happens to finally get his prayer answered?

This story reeks of an absolute load of BS. Sorry - there's no other way to describe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or