Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:51 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,182,284 times

Advertisements

You are quick to quote the "sins" you don't commit but do you follow all of them?

You harp on one or two, why not all 613?????

Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 06:00 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,818,941 times
Do you really want to know my sins? I would be more than happy to share.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Do you really want to know my sins? I would be more than happy to share.
Actually I could care less.

I just find it intersting that so many Christians start threads about the various sins they don't seem to be guilty of (bad words, homosexuals, lust, etc) when many of these sins make of the law or 613 laws. Why don't we see these same people focusing on all of those other sins?????

Old 08-11-2010, 10:10 PM

200 posts, read 251,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Actually I could care less.

I just find it intersting that so many Christians start threads about the various sins they don't seem to be guilty of (bad words, homosexuals, lust, etc) when many of these sins make of the law or 613 laws. Why don't we see these same people focusing on all of those other sins?????
Dang. And I was really craving me some rock badger tonight.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,923,058 times
Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Anyone doing one or more of these works of the flesh will not inherit the kingdom of God; your sin(s) will send you to hell fire. There's no sacrifice for willful sin(s), unless you completely forsake those sins entirely. You can profess Jesus here to the grave, but it won't do any good. The soul that sins will die. It is written.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Anyone doing one or more of these works of the flesh will not inherit the kingdom of God; your sin(s) will send you to hell fire. There's no sacrifice for willful sin(s), unless you completely forsake those sins entirely. You can profess Jesus here to the grave, but it won't do any good. The soul that sins will die. It is written.

So that is the list now? What happened to profanity, homosexualality, lying, etc?

I don't see topics against uncleanness or strife, why not?

Do you keep all 613 laws?

Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,244,224 times
There is no way to keep the 613. Period. In order to keep them all, we need the Temple.

Furthermore, they merely stopped at 613. There are more . . . .

Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
What happened to profanity, homosexualality, lying, etc?

I don't see topics against uncleanness or strife, why not?
It's all there. Here is profanity.

1 Peter 2
[21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
[22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

Uncleanness is one of the works of the flesh listed in Galatians 5:19. Strife is one of the 17 works of the flesh listed in Galatians 5:20. Homosexuality is listed in Romans. And, here is lying.

Ephesians 4
[24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
[25] Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Quote:
Do you keep all 613 laws?
We are under grace, not the law. Do we sin because we are under grace? God forbid. One must learn the difference between grace and the law first. Many use grace as a means to do away with God's demand for holiness; they have either been taught wrong or enjoy unrighteousness; or, they don't want to really apply the Word of God to their lives; they are hearers of the Word only.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
We are under grace, not the law. Do we sin because we are under grace? God forbid. One must learn the difference between grace and the law first. Many use grace as a means to do away with God's demand for holiness; they have either been taught wrong or enjoy unrighteousness; or, they don't want to really apply the Word of God to their lives; they are hearers of the Word only.
But you are preaching the law, why not all 613? If we are under grace why pick out a few of the 613 to focus on, focus on Jesus.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
But you are preaching the law, why not all 613? If we are under grace why pick out a few of the 613 to focus on, focus on Jesus.
Untruth, again. I preach grace only. And, Jesus' grace leads people into His holiness. The Law was for the Jews until the promise came, Jesus. Once we enter into Jesus' rest, we become walking Sabbaths if you will, ceasing from our own works into Jesus' works. We become holy vessels to be used by God; temples made of clay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity