U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:24 AM

11,918 posts, read 14,117,550 times

Advertisements

Hi, Tthere are democrats who are not pro abortion.

http://www.democratsforlife.org/

And there are repblicans who are pro choice as it is termed

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...56C0A964958260

Also, supporting a woman’s right to make the decision does not mean that someone is pro abortion.

John McCain may have also won in Sodom and Gomorrah

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Mc..._sin_1120.html

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-19-2008 at 11:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 11:28 AM

7,370 posts, read 12,902,164 times
Down near the bottom of what is in snopes, it says, "Nothing in the Bible-in Revelation or anywhere-describes the Anti-Christ as being 'a man, in his 40s, of Muslim descent.' In fact, since the Book of Rvelation was completed by the end of the second century, but the religion of Islam wasn't founded until about 400 years later, the notion that Revelation would have mentioned a 'Muslim' at all is rather far-fetched. (And even if it did, it couldn't be construed as a reference to Barak Obama, since Senator Obama isn't a Muslim.)"

Old 10-19-2008, 12:04 PM

3,540 posts, read 6,071,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Oakback, thank you for your kind comments. I must confess that I have not been as politically knowledgable as I should have been in the past and that this election is one that has encouraged me to become more involved. I am concerned about the direction this country has taken over the past 8 years under the leadership of the current president, for whom I did not vote, and I believe that Obama is the better candidate. His platform does indicate that he is interested in bringing about positive changes for the country and I also believe that his actions have indicated that he is willing to reach across party lines, consider more center positions on some issues, say for example, his choice of his economic advisors. I don't know for sure that he would appoint a very liberal court because from what I understand he has considered more individuals w/more moderate positions, but then again he may. I think that he puts a lot of thought into the actions and positions that he takes and that he takes into consideration , opposing or alternate views before coming to decisions. There have been reports that he is the most liberal Democrat in the Senate based on his voting record, but from what I understand the report is not totally accurate, failing to take into account his record in previous years and his absence in voting on some of the issues due to being on the campaign trail. Like I said, Oakback, I am not the most politically astute person and these are just my opinions but I would like to say that I can't see myself supporting some of the views, actions, tactics, and judgments of the opposing candidate, like the his vice presidential choice and his support of many of the policies of the current president. This is of great concern to me. Hope this helps to answer some of your questions. Thanks again and God bless.
Thanks for your thoughtful response. This is the most fascinating election of my lifetime. Regardless who wins, I believe our "One Nation Under God" will survive.
Let's pray for whoever wins.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:17 PM

322 posts, read 655,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, Tthere are democrats who are not pro abortion.

Democrats For Life of America

And there are repblicans who are pro choice as it is termed

We're Good Republicans -- and Pro-Choice - New York Times

Also, supporting a woman’s right to make the decision does not mean that someone is pro abortion.

John McCain may have also won in Sodom and Gomorrah

The Raw Story | McCain: Homosexuality not a 'defect' or 'sin'

God bless.
My primary point is that neither party's political platform offers lasting hope for America. Only a life dedicated in CHRIST will be blessed now and in eternity.

If a democrat is in the White House, the chance of abortion ending is slim to none. If a republican wins, the chances are somewhat better, but remain questionable. And if some day an Eve winds up in the White House, GOD please help us.

So as a Christian, I can't find any reason to waste my time on election day. I'm sure the car will need washing, or there will be some more important task to do than to vote for which form of disaster is best for America.

But for those who do go and vote, pray and make the right choice, if there is a right choice.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
My primary point is that neither party's political platform offers lasting hope for America.
I agree. I believe that all lasting hope is in God's hands. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your thoughtful response. This is the most fascinating election of my lifetime. Regardless who wins, I believe our "One Nation Under God" will survive.
Let's pray for whoever wins.
Thank you, Oakback. It is fascinating and yes, let's pray for whoever wins. They will definitely need our prayers. Take care and God bless you!

Old 10-19-2008, 01:55 PM

13,566 posts, read 21,676,696 times
I think that Colin Powells support will go a long ways to some republicans changing their votes to Obama..JMO

Old 10-19-2008, 10:14 PM

15,596 posts, read 35,224,266 times
My messiah won't be anyone running for the president of this country. Hailing Obama as a messiah of this country is just absurd.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:31 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,194,906 times
Thinking that most people hail Obama as a messiah is just as absurd.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:17 PM

1,435 posts, read 3,573,791 times
Me being half Jewish, when I heard that the anti-Semitic Louis Farrakhan and the Nation Of Islam is fully endorsing Barack Obama, well that just sealed the deal for me when it comes to not voting for the guy. Barack seems to attract radical fringe supporters like white on rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity