U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:21 PM

16,936 posts, read 22,211,257 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised no one's posted this link yet. It's rather disturbing, even placing all religious issues aside: Is Barack Obama the Messiah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 08:26 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,622,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I'm surprised no one's posted this link yet. It's rather disturbing, even placing all religious issues aside: Is Barack Obama the Messiah?
We are having this discussion on the Political forum and some Christians think me are mis speaking about this.

What some don't seem too understand, is this is not funny and they have paraded him and he has elaborated on it. He certainly hasn't denounced it.

A 24/7 T.V. station, Messiah type propaganda this is sick!!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,348,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
Yall just remember this------

Regardless of who gets in the White House, the rest of us gone still be out here in the cotton patch wiping the sweat off our brow.

Four years latter some more suckers will come along and say, "Yall been so mistreated. Yall still in the cotton patch. But vote for us and we will pull you out and give you your mansion."

Four years latter, after many more days in the hot, dry and dusty fields, we'll know we was lied to again.

Just get over it!

JESUS is the only one we can trust!
Yes, He is the One we trust. That doesn't mean we bury our heads in the sand and take and become apathetic about what happens in our lives.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:35 PM

692 posts, read 1,568,101 times
This thread saddens me. Barack Obama has never claimed to be the Messiah. Also, why is there such a focus on this endorsement. Obama has supporters who are democrats, republicans, independents, christian, jewish, muslim, and agnostic. His message has been, "We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." Everyone has a part to play in changing the direction of this country. He is not claiming to be a Savior.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:53 PM

716 posts, read 953,880 times
Anyone who supports claims that Obama is the Messiah or the Anti-Christ has fallen off the turnip truck one too many times if you ask me.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:55 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,115,332 times
Quote:
This thread saddens me. Barack Obama has never claimed to be the Messiah. Also, why is there such a focus on this endorsement. Obama has supporters who are democrats, republicans, independents, christian, jewish, muslim, and agnostic. His message has been, "We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." Everyone has a part to play in changing the direction of this country. He is not claiming to be a Savior.
I agree liliblu. His message to me seems to be one of unity, of promoting respect for one another, of wanting what is best for the country. No, he is not the Messiah and he has never claimed to be but he has said that he wants to help as president, to bring about positive changes. God bless.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:53 PM

2,765 posts, read 6,499,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I agree liliblu. His message to me seems to be one of unity, of promoting respect for one another, of wanting what is best for the country. No, he is not the Messiah and he has never claimed to be but he has said that he wants to help as president, to bring about positive changes. God bless.
Wanting what's best for the country? Or what he feels is best for the country? Because I think those are two different things.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:55 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,278,176 times
I have read several articles regarding how the rest of the world wants America to elect Obama because he agrees with the policies & politics of much of the rest of the world. They feel his being in office will help cement relationships and make America more "in tune" with other countries. My question on this is...do we WANT to be like the rest of the world? I don't know. We've been America for a long time now. I'm not sure I want to be Europe or the Middle East.

I think Obama is a very charismatic man and given some time to mature into politics (he really is far from seasoned) he may be an excellent President...but I worry about such a Freshman leaping into the volatile situation we are in worldwide at this time. I just hope he surrounds himself with some extremely wise people.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:10 PM

692 posts, read 1,568,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I have read several articles regarding how the rest of the world wants America to elect Obama because he agrees with the policies & politics of much of the rest of the world. They feel his being in office will help cement relationships and make America more "in tune" with other countries. My question on this is...do we WANT to be like the rest of the world? I don't know. We've been America for a long time now. I'm not sure I want to be Europe or the Middle East.

I think Obama is a very charismatic man and given some time to mature into politics (he really is far from seasoned) he may be an excellent President...but I worry about such a Freshman leaping into the volatile situation we are in worldwide at this time. I just hope he surrounds himself with some extremely wise people.
The rest of the world believes Obama will diplomacy and not just military might. They do not believe he will agree with the rest of the "world" on everything. The rest of the world often disagrees.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:20 PM

7,556 posts, read 11,867,193 times
He can promise a lot things during his campaign, but obviously those promises can be toned down (or shot down) by the House and Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity