U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:01 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,816,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Wanting what's best for the country?
Many believed that GW Bush had a kind of messianic complex.

Yes. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-03-2008 at 06:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 PM

140 posts, read 402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Should Christians, Hindu, Jews, etc hail Obama as the Messiah as the Nation of Islam suggests we do?

This video is very telling:
YouTube - Louis Farrakhan Declares Barack Obama The Messiah

The
Nation of Islam has declared Obama is the Messiah and Savior.

Last time I checked, Jesus Christ Himself said:

"At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time.

"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather."

Matthew 24:23-28

Are other Christians (like myself) disgusted and appalled that Obama would be hailed as the "Messiah"???

I am telling you. If this false Christ is elected, some people will definitely have their position that Obama = Messiah legitimized. And worse, the churches will be persecuted by the Obama and his anti-Christian Congressional leadership.

Pray and VOTE, so this man won't be elected. That will end the hopes of Islamists and other stupid Christians who believe anything, to think Obama is Jesus Christ's re-incarnation!
I agree with praying the vote will go in our favor, but you must stop to realize the power of the scripture you are quoting. Whether or not "this is it" I will not jump to any conclusion to say at this point, BUT WHEN the time comes, it will be by God's choice, and there is nothing WE will be able to do to stop it. We have to just pray that God's Will be done, and cling to Him and what we know is true. This may just be a storm in the midst of God's great plan, but when the end comes, there will be no way we can pray God out of it, do you get what I mean? WHAT EVER false prophet comes our way, all we can do is refuse to believe them and stick to Christ. That is our only sure hope. WHEN that false prophet comes, God tells us that many will follow, just don't be one of them and do everything you can to warn others against it. Just be ready as God instructs us. God Bless!

Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 PM

140 posts, read 402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
This thread saddens me. Barack Obama has never claimed to be the Messiah. Also, why is there such a focus on this endorsement. Obama has supporters who are democrats, republicans, independents, christian, jewish, muslim, and agnostic. His message has been, "We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." Everyone has a part to play in changing the direction of this country. He is not claiming to be a Savior.
I don't think the Bible says that the false prophet will necessarily proclaim HIMSELF to be the messiah, though I am not 100% on that. It is my understanding that the false prophet will be one who MANY OTHERS believe has come to save them from their troubled lives. I am not saying I believe that Barack Obama is the antichrist, but the quote you reference does speak to the point that so many people will PERCEIVE him as a savior, which is what I believe the Bible warns against. Though I know he has not proclaimed himself as the Messiah, I do believe he sees himself as a savior of sorts, and many people do see him that way. Again, I'm not saying he is or he isn't, but I guess I'm saying don't be so quick to dismiss the importance of such claims, for they need not be his own.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:08 AM

11,918 posts, read 13,816,000 times
[SIZE=3]messiah[/SIZE]
Quote:
1.the promised and expected deliverer of the Jewish people.
2.Jesus Christ, regarded by Christians as fulfilling this promise and expectation. John 4:25, 26.
3.(usually lowercase) any expected deliverer.
4.(usually lowercase) a zealous leader of some cause or project.
5.(italics) an oratorio (1742) by George Frideric Handel.
Many have been viewed as some type of messiah. This is not the same as being the Messiah as understood in Christianity. Many also thought that GW Bush was the anti-Christ. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity