Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:14 AM

881 posts, read 1,589,223 times

Advertisements

Should Christians, Hindu, Jews, etc hail Obama as the Messiah as the Nation of Islam suggests we do?

This video is very telling:
YouTube - Louis Farrakhan Declares Barack Obama The Messiah

The Nation of Islam has declared Obama is the Messiah and Savior.

Last time I checked, Jesus Christ Himself said:

"At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time.

"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather."

Matthew 24:23-28

Are other Christians (like myself) disgusted and appalled that Obama would be hailed as the "Messiah"???

I am telling you. If this false Christ is elected, some people will definitely have their position that Obama = Messiah legitimized. And worse, the churches will be persecuted by the Obama and his anti-Christian Congressional leadership.

Pray and VOTE, so this man won't be elected. That will end the hopes of Islamists and other stupid Christians who believe anything, to think Obama is Jesus Christ's re-incarnation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 12:59 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Should Christians, Hindu, Jews, etc hail Obama as the Messiah as the Nation of Islam suggests we do?

This video is very telling:
YouTube - Louis Farrakhan Declares Barack Obama The Messiah

The Nation of Islam has declared Obama is the Messiah and Savior.

Last time I checked, Jesus Christ Himself said:

"At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time.

"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather."

Matthew 24:23-28

Are other Christians (like myself) disgusted and appalled that Obama would be hailed as the "Messiah"???

I am telling you. If this false Christ is elected, some people will definitely have their position that Obama = Messiah legitimized. And worse, the churches will be persecuted by the Obama and his anti-Christian Congressional leadership.

Pray and VOTE, so this man won't be elected. That will end the hopes of Islamists and other stupid Christians who believe anything, to think Obama is Jesus Christ's re-incarnation!
It does'nt matter who gets elected. Mankind is a failure at governing themselves anyway. I have to assume you believe in Jesus Christ since you posted this in the Christian forum. Just support the King Christ Jesus and his Kingdom (Government). His government is the only one that matters anyway. The early Christians never supported the Roman government at that time and they were happy people. It did'nt matter what Ceasar was in power back then and it should'nt matter today.

Having said that, then yes, the entire planet Religious/Secular is viewing this man through "rose coloured glasses" and believing that somehow he is the second coming of Jesus Christ. Sadly it's the same imperfect human tendancy of putting a charismatic preacher in power which has made most of the popular American Televangelist Mega-Churches. These men are imperfect themselves and when they crash and burn as they always do, then many people's faith is shattered. Why????? Because they built their house on a sandy foundation and not a Rock. Support God's government by Christ Jesus and nothing else should matter.

The one thing you can count on is that all human government on Earth is a complete and utter failure no matter how sincere the politician and his ideas.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:32 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
McCain.. is that you?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:15 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post

Having said that, then yes, the entire planet Religious/Secular is viewing this man through "rose coloured glasses" and believing that somehow he is the second coming of Jesus Christ. Sadly it's the same imperfect human tendancy of putting a charismatic preacher in power which has made most of the popular American Televangelist Mega-Churches. These men are imperfect themselves and when they crash and burn as they always do, then many people's faith is shattered. Why????? Because they built their house on a sandy foundation and not a Rock. Support God's government by Christ Jesus and nothing else should matter.
Wow. Glenn Beck said pretty much the exact same thing last night. I agree!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
Sarah Palin posting again? LOL!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:46 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
That's funny. The Nation of Islam I know would not like a Barak Obama because he is half black and his other half is the "devil". I have to say, that scares me because the Nation is not practicing what they preach.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
BluePacific got it right.

This Obama campaign should wake Christians up to the fact that it's not the election that should trouble them, but the fact that their faith is shakier than jello during a California quake. When people go crazy about their fear of Obama, I ask them if they're still a Christian, because they don't sound like a believer.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that all might be judged who have not believed the truth, but have found pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thes 2:11-12)

Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
BluePacific got it right.

This Obama campaign should wake Christians up to the fact that it's not the election that should trouble them, but the fact that their faith is shakier than jello during a California quake. When people go crazy about their fear of Obama, I ask them if they're still a Christian, because they don't sound like a believer.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that all might be judged who have not believed the truth, but have found pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thes 2:11-12)
I actually love this Obama love affair because it definitely tells me that this world is ripe when the anti-christ comes. I use to say to myself how can an entire people follow one man. Well the Obamamania definitely answers my question. When people are searching and are desperate they will follow.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:07 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
McCain.. is that you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Sarah Palin posting again? LOL!
Neither one of them has said anything even close to this about Obama.

Your prejudice and judging is shining like a city on a hill!

Old 10-16-2008, 02:32 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:
Why should Christians hail Obama as the Messiah? We have a Messiah and His name is Jesus Christ.

Quote:
If this false Christ is elected,
Has Obama claimed to be the Messiah?? God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity