Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:47 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,450,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
What is that number and is that even close to 1.3 million per year?

War has been going on for about 5 years.
I can tell you that not even 1 million have died in this war....probably more like 100k or less.

100k compared to 6.5 million?
A life is a life and nobody has the right to end it being at its very start or in a war. You can´t treat human beings like numbers.

This issue is not so black and white as you paint it. For example I wonder how many Repubblicasn have had an abortion and how many Democrats choose not too when the choice appeared. You can´t demonize everybody.

Also you can´t reduce a presidential election to just one issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 02:00 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
But you can look to see which party has policies that line up with the Bible. It is one thing to make a mistake, but another to purposely do things that are against what the Bible teaches.

When a parties policies are contrary to what the Bible teaches, that is purposely doing it wrong. I found I could no longer be a part of a political party that purposely does what is against the teachings in the Bible.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:55 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
People still ask me why I fear fundamental Christians. Thanks for providing yet another reason...You are a very scary person!
I'm sure you would appear very scary to an unborn child if they knew you supported a womans right to murder them. It's really a matter of prespective. Of course, they can't lift up their voice and beg for mercy can they, especially after the doctors crushes their head and sucks out their brains. Well, thanks for giving me one more reason to vote against Obama. Obama voted 4 times for a law that would make it illegal to try an save a child that survived a botch abortion. Obama believes such children should be left alone to die. Perhaps thats the kind of guy you would like for president.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:03 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
A life is a life and nobody has the right to end it being at its very start or in a war. You can´t treat human beings like numbers.

This issue is not so black and white as you paint it. For example I wonder how many Repubblicasn have had an abortion and how many Democrats choose not too when the choice appeared. You can´t demonize everybody.

Also you can´t reduce a presidential election to just one issue.
When the life of countless millions are on the line I would say we can reduce it to one issue. And if we can get one or two more judges in the court, countless millions of children will be saved. If Obama is elected he will do all that he can to promote abortion. Bush, was the first president to sign a law that ended late term abortions. The Democrats were very upset about the saving of these children. Yet if you recall, it was the Democrats that went to war to keep slavery. It was the Republicans that ended it. And it will be the Republicans that are taking the high road again to end abortion. The Democrats are the party of death, and as usual, they are on the wrong side again.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:22 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
Daughter, I was making a point that the Americans had NOTHING to do with 20% of the car bombs, which have really nothing to do with the Iraqi war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
As I stated before:

I'm sorry it was difficult to get through your post.. your flippant words concerning U.S. military deaths was deafening. I stand by what I said. Your original words speak the loudest volumes.

Oh but I will start with the pride. I don't recall those car bombs going off in Iraq before we got there.

Please tell me son, tex, sport.. when I called Americans Terrorists.

I'll be waiting...

Old 10-21-2008, 06:25 AM

Last time I remember the 1.3 million were ALL Americans with no voice.

I don't know how ANYONE who is or knows anyone in the military can compare an abortion with deaths in Iraq.

That is an insult to our Armed Forces.

Soldiers choose to serve our country, and it's a great honor.
If they had no choice then there would be no honor in it.

Babies don't choose to die....it's a great DISHONOR to abort any child because you see it as a 'mistake'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Killed by violence since the beginning of this war...approximately 90,000

McCain says things are getting better in Iraq, but here is what went on this past week.

By the end of this week, the deaths of another 94 civilians were confirmed, among them 7 children. People whose blood must not be forgotten. People whose untimely deaths are added to tens of thousands of others.

Just today there were 30 deaths. Are these people less important than Americans?

Iraq Body Count

Old 10-21-2008, 06:41 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am sorry whoever gets mad, I really don't care but if you are Christian who is voting for Obama. Shame on you!

"The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing that I'd do." -- Senator Barack Obama, speaking to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, July 17, 2007

"Freedom of Choice Act" Index Page (http://www.nrlc.org/foca/index.html - broken link)

Just to name a few. The Freedom of Choice Act forces doctors who are pro life to perform abortions (even though they say, it won't). The "Freedom of Choice Act" will overturn virtually all federal and state ... laws on abortion, provide unlimited tax funding of abortion. ...

I am praying everyday that God judge America and bring justice to the millions that have been slaughtered. I pray that the economy crashes beyond any hope of recovering so that a revival can come about.
May I remind you that the economy [money] belongs to God. We are to be good stewards of Gods money. Stop running your mouth unless you really know what you are talking about. It is fools like you who give Christians a bad name. And while we are at it, stop sitting in judgement of those who dont agree with you. Thats Gods job! You chase more people away from God than you bring to Him by your blathering! Have a nice day!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 AM

So do you think God would prefer the money or not having anymore abortions?

Wow...do people even read the bible anymore or do they just like to twist it to their lifestyle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
May I remind you that the economy [money] belongs to God. We are to be good stewards of Gods money. Stop running your mouth unless you really know what you are talking about. It is fools like you who give Christians a bad name. And while we are at it, stop sitting in judgement of those who dont agree with you. Thats Gods job! You chase more people away from God than you bring to Him by your blathering! Have a nice day!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
So do you think God would prefer the money or not having anymore abortions?

Wow...do people even read the bible anymore or do they just like to twist it to their lifestyle?
Jesus said he came into the world to save it. Not condemn it. If He wouldnt condemn it why would you? And when people pray for the economic destruction of a country and its people isnt that condemnation? And my lifestyle? Married. Children. Grandchildren. Greatgrandchild. Hard working. Law abiding Christian who is becoming tired of zealots running off thier mouths and scaring people away from Christianity. When Christians are so off the wall with thier rhetoric, calling for ruin and destruction of people who dont believe just like they do, they sound just like the Muslims who are calling for ruin and destruction of people who dont believe as they do. And Sir, knowing your Bible is NOT a pissing contest! Make sure you ACTUALLY understand what it says before you go condemning people who arent perfect!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:21 AM

When was I condemning this country?

If I said destruction is coming then that's inevitable.

I dont recall writing that I'm 'praying for this country to fall'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Jesus said he came into the world to save it. Not condemn it. If He wouldnt condemn it why would you? And when people pray for the economic destruction of a country and its people isnt that condemnation? And my lifestyle? Married. Children. Grandchildren. Greatgrandchild. Hard working. Law abiding Christian who is becoming tired of zealots running off thier mouths and scaring people away from Christianity. When Christians are so off the wall with thier rhetoric, calling for ruin and destruction of people who dont believe just like they do, they sound just like the Muslims who are calling for ruin and destruction of people who dont believe as they do. And Sir, knowing your Bible is NOT a pissing contest! Make sure you ACTUALLY understand what it says before you go condemning people who arent perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity