U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does establishment of a 'gay'-friendly school constitute endorsement of an immoral lifestyle?
Yes 32 45.07%
No 39 54.93%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:51 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,215,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Because if God was so concerned about His children that He sent His Son Jesus to die on the Cross for the sake of their sins, then it behooves me as a child of His, to care enough about them that I should do what I can to impart His Good Word to them. If they choose to hear, great! If not, then that's their choice. As far as live and let live, people are already doing that, and that in part, is why our country is so screwed up.
So you don't believe in personal freedom? You have the freedom to proclaim whatever you want. But that's not enough for the fundies. They think it's their job to legislate their personal morality and religious views - that's the big problem.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:00 PM

1,467 posts, read 2,787,560 times
denverian: God does give each and every one of His children freedom of choice. They are free to choose whatever course in life they want. However, if you have freedom to come in here and discuss your issues, do I not have the same freedom? If gay constituents have the right to go into the world and proclaim their views and lifestyle, do I not have the same freedom to express my views for or against said lifestyle? This can go back and forth but I think you get the idea.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
The needs are the same today as they were back then....everyone needs God whether they believe it or not.

Then why are they permeating the public school system with pamphlets, papers and videos to indoctrinate our children? There is a documented case of a young man in Kentucky who refused to sit through a video that represented their motives and agenda. The school was coerced into showing this video with the stipulations that there would be no forewarning of its play and that they would press charges if it did not get shown. The children's parents were not foretold of this video being played and so when the lights went out, the kids had no idea what they were about to watch. When this particular young man refused to sit through the movie and walked out, the gay rights group pressed charges against the family. It was eventually thrown out of court but not without a lot of embarrassment on both sides.

Suffice it to say, it has become more than just accepting the beliefs of a particular group of people. It has become a battlefield with two sides pressing in to make their cases. Both sides fervently believe what they represent and it continues to escalate, much to the dismay of a lot of people. So be prepared because it will get more ugly as time goes on.

Many folks believe that I am wrong for standing up for what is right. Let me say this then: I will defend the Bible, its truths contained therein, my God who created me and Jesus who died on the Cross for me. I will defend Them and the Bible and what it stands for until the day I die, just as many in the gay rights groups will defend their positions. I will try to be as compassionate and loving as I can but I will not compromise what His Word says, no matter what. If that makes me look like an intolerant, bigoted homophobe who also happens to fight against abortion, drugs, alcohol, murder, child and spousal abuse and racial discrimination, then so be it. Blessings.
A quick google search reveals the truth of this case - a video teaching tolerance of gay people. Not some how to video on homo sex. Just tolerance.

Do you believe gay students should be subjected to harassment by other students? Is that a right, to bully, harass, or beat gay people? Or to verbally harass them by telling them they're abominations and that they can convert to heterosexuality?

So there's your gay agenda - tolerance. Don't keep telling us wer're hell-bound abominations, don't pass laws against us, don't bash us, don't kill us. That's the real gay agenda. Let us live our lives and love our families without fear.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
denverian: God does give each and every one of His children freedom of choice. They are free to choose whatever course in life they want. However, if you have freedom to come in here and discuss your issues, do I not have the same freedom? If gay constituents have the right to go into the world and proclaim their views and lifestyle, do I not have the same freedom to express my views for or against said lifestyle? This can go back and forth but I think you get the idea.
You certainly have the freedom to post whatever opinions you want. I'm just grateful that in my "real world" I'm not subjected to the verbal assaults disguised by Christianity that I read here. Neither in public, nor in my church.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:25 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,227,290 times
I have a white dry-erase memo board on my fridge that a friend gave me that says "Gay Agenda" According to that the gay agenda is to:
Pay back my roommate the $12.50 I owe her
Pick up Olive Oil
Attend Fall Festive at St. John's on Saturday

Old 10-22-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I have a white dry-erase memo board on my fridge that a friend gave me that says "Gay Agenda" According to that the gay agenda is to:
Pay back my roommate the $12.50 I owe her
Pick up Olive Oil
Attend Fall Festive at St. John's on Saturday
What a scary agenda!

I need one of those - today would be work, go get dog food, take care of twins and put them to bed at 8. I have no time to recruit or ruin any hetero marriages today

Old 10-22-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Do you believe gay students should be subjected to harassment by other students? Is that a right, to bully, harass, or beat gay people?
Of course, that is not what Christians advocate. I don't know of any Christians who have ever done that. The ones I know have love and compassion for them but alternatively, know that their lifestyle does not line up with God's Word. Christ said that we are to be loving, compassionate and non-judgmental in regards to a person's eternal existence but I have yet to see where He says that we are to tolerate one another's sins. We are certainly exhorted by Him to live our lives according to His standards but to gently and lovingly come to one another when we do something contrary to His Word. The trouble is today, very few people believe in the Bible anymore so they don't believe that they have to line up with it, thereby allowing anyone and everyone to live according to their own desires. Therein lies the problem and it shows in our society.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,413,804 times
Quote:
Of course, that is not what Christians advocate. I don't know of any Christians who have ever done that. The ones I know have love and compassion for them but alternatively, know that their lifestyle does not line up with God's Word. Christ said that we are to be loving, compassionate and non-judgmental in regards to a person's eternal existence but I have yet to see where He says that we are to tolerate one another's sins. We are certainly exhorted by Him to live our lives according to His standards but to gently and lovingly come to one another when we do something contrary to His Word. The trouble is today, very few people believe in the Bible anymore so they don't believe that they have to line up with it, thereby allowing anyone and everyone to live according to their own desires. Therein lies the problem and it shows in our society.
It just amazes me how you think society's problems would be solved by religion. Religion has caused many wars.
Can you explain why you can't wear two fibers at the some time? I guess that's still important as it's still in "The Bible". Oh and what's the deal with shell fish? Why is that a no-no?

Old 10-22-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Can you explain why you can't wear two fibers at the some time? I guess that's still important as it's still in "The Bible". Oh and what's the deal with shell fish? Why is that a no-no?
If you had read the Bible, you would know why you can and why it isn't.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:43 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,413,804 times
Quote:
If you had read the Bible, you would know why you can and why it isn't.
Why can't you can't explain that to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or