U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does establishment of a 'gay'-friendly school constitute endorsement of an immoral lifestyle?
Yes 32 45.07%
No 39 54.93%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:57 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,092,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
You misunderstand me Angel, maybe my post was misleading, but I have always let it be known here on this forum that Homosexuals are born that way..It is not a choice..Maybe I used a poor choice of words in using "lifestyle in my post..Just for your information ,I have been told more than once here that I am not a Christian because of my stance on homosexuality and my stance on the value and wisdom of science and psychology..
I thought your post might have a different meaning; I just cringe at the world 'lifestyle' or the idea of changing sexual orientation. Sorry to have jumped at you; I've got my pink boxing gloves on today and they're itching to throw down

Old 10-17-2008, 11:00 AM

13,459 posts, read 21,210,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I thought your post might have a different meaning; I just cringe at the world 'lifestyle' or the idea of changing sexual orientation. Sorry to have jumped at you; I've got my pink boxing gloves on today and they're itching to throw down
We're okay..Sometimes I am blind mad too

Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 PM

3,031 posts, read 7,868,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
He may not have mentioned it but He also never condoned it either. As a matter of fact, several times in Scripture, He refers to the union of a man and a woman but never a man/man or woman/woman.

As far as judging goes, people judge every day. We all make judgement calls throughout the day in order to make decisions about a variety of things we encounter. What God is talking about here is not making the kind of judgement about whether a person is going to heaven or hell. There is a huge distinction here. Besides, I don't see anyone making judgements here but simply expressing opinions and feelings regarding this matter.
Jesus didn't "condone" a lot of things that you do every single day. Hey, Jesus didn't condone using the internet -- omg you're a SINNER for using the internet! See where I'm going with this? LACK of your messiah condoning things doesn't mean they are evil or sinful or sending you to hell.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:02 PM

8,262 posts, read 15,972,769 times
If all the "good Christian" students would stop harassing them and beating them up no gay friendly schools would be needed!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:43 PM

1,313 posts, read 2,727,851 times
Quote:
LACK of your messiah condoning things doesn't mean they are evil or sinful or sending you to hell.
We didn't write the Bible, we're just the messengers. If you don't believe in what it says, then that's your perogative. However, I find it interesting that the same folks who accuse Christians of hateful speech use it themselves without reservation.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:08 PM

3,031 posts, read 7,868,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
We didn't write the Bible, we're just the messengers. If you don't believe in what it says, then that's your perogative. However, I find it interesting that the same folks who accuse Christians of hateful speech use it themselves without reservation.
Show me exactly where I used hateful speech.

I'm not, though. I'm using your own argument to refute your very own implications that homosexuality is a sin. I try my best to accept everyone for who they are, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. In that, I'm apparently far more christian-like than many christians I've seen and heard. I find that quite humorous, to be honest.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I didn't necessarily direct this comment toward you personally (sorry if you read it that way), but I have received a large number of hateful comments after having merely expressed what the Bible says about this issue here in in other forums.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:25 PM

3,576 posts, read 454,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post

I'm not, though. I'm using your own argument to refute your very own implications that homosexuality is a sin. I try my best to accept everyone for who they are, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. In that, I'm apparently far more christian-like than many christians I've seen and heard. I find that quite humorous, to be honest.
I find it ironic too.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I'm using your own argument to refute your very own implications that homosexuality is a sin.
BTW, they are not MY implications.....it is what is written in the Bible.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:35 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,015,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
It sounds more like your advocating tolerance. What would Jesus say about a school that promotes sin? Because in essence that is what it's doing. It may be a fantastic educational facility but creating for kids who believe they are gay only promotes and advocates sin.
I'm sure the rules of conduct will be same as any other school. I don't think the school will be advocating sexual acts on campus. Every child in this country has the right to an education without being bullied or the victim of a hate crime.

If people stopped hurting gays/transgendered and calling them sinners we could live as one. Do you think gays are commiting a sin by going to school?

I say good for the gays. They are sick of hiding and sick of being hurt and judged by people who don't belong in their business. If anything you should be asking yourself, "how can we be so cruel to other human beings and drive them away?" What would Jesus say about that?

Also note the school will be open to anyone who wishes to attend. I can only admire their efforts and wish them the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or