Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does establishment of a 'gay'-friendly school constitute endorsement of an immoral lifestyle?
Yes 32 45.07%
No 39 54.93%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 05:45 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,778,193 times

Advertisements

I have to agree with Blue. Readin, ritin', and rithmetic. What happed to that being taught in our schools? There will always be some sort of bigotry/intolerance in schools. In public. When I was in school, it was racial. There was a time at my high school when a white girl had better not enter the restroom alone. Those days have passed.

We were also not allowed to have any sort of physical interaction. No holding hands, no hugging and certainly no kissing. What happened to that? I take my 4 YO to the high school each day for a pre-school program. If we arrive on campus between classes you will see young students embracing. I hugged my boyfriend after a football game once and my parents were called.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:48 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,429,319 times
Hmmmm......

I have a serious question...

What's the difference between a school for homosexuals and a school for straight people as opposed to a school for homosexuals and a school for people who have a foot fetish?

Old 10-17-2008, 06:02 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,919,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Hmmmm......

I have a serious question...

What's the difference between a school for homosexuals and a school for straight people as opposed to a school for homosexuals and a school for people who have a foot fetish?
Well, while I don't agree with seperate schools, I will answer your question.

People with a foot fetish are not ostracized, beat, killed, and legislated against.

Also, a foot fetish is a parapheolia (pardon my spelling, it's early) whereas homosexuality is a sexual orientation. The two come from different areas of the brain and are vastly different.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
People with a foot fetish are not ostracized, beat, killed, and legislated against.
Interesting... I wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Also, a foot fetish is a parapheolia (pardon my spelling, it's early) whereas homosexuality is a sexual orientation. The two come from different areas of the brain and are vastly different.
Agreed, the two are different. I am curious as to whether or not Christians feel the same way.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:47 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,699,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
"He who is without sin cast the first stone?"

Just an "off-the-top-of-her-heathen-head" idyll passing thought...

I am not judging anyone and I am not casting any stones. I'm not picking on you June, this is for everyone who has responded to my posts. I'm sorry you think it's okay to be gay and a Christian. Let's put it this way, you cannot be a born-again believer and gay. The Bible explicitly says that homosexuals will not enter heaven. I am only stating what is written in the Bible. If you believe the Bible to be God's Word, then you have to accept this as truth, or you may as well toss out the rest of the Bible. This school is promoting a sinful, wrong lifestyle and as another poster said, should not be supported by taxpayer money.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,642,479 times
They will know you are Christians by you Love.....
Doesn't matter if you agree with being gay or not. You love people into the kingdom and making decisions based on what the Word has to say. Each of us has our own journey.
Students have the options of being home schools, so there is a choice.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:00 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,107,928 times
Quote:
People with foot fetishes don't have a national parade day?

Old 10-17-2008, 07:13 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,699,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
They will know you are Christians by you Love.....
Doesn't matter if you agree with being gay or not. You love people into the kingdom and making decisions based on what the Word has to say. Each of us has our own journey.
Students have the options of being home schools, so there is a choice.
Yes, that is true, but when it comes to taxpayer money that is where we as American citizens have a say. My money would not go to support a school like this, just like all the athiests, Jews and other non-christian belivers would not want to pay for Christian schools. There would be such an uproar and outcry in this country if Christian schools were funded by our taxes. This is no different. Any parent who wants to send their child to this type of school should have to pay for it just like we pay for other private schools. If the government funds this then that is showing a complete double standard.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:14 AM

396 posts, read 835,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I am not judging anyone and I am not casting any stones. I'm not picking on you June, this is for everyone who has responded to my posts. I'm sorry you think it's okay to be gay and a Christian. Let's put it this way, you cannot be a born-again believer and gay. The Bible explicitly says that homosexuals will not enter heaven. I am only stating what is written in the Bible. If you believe the Bible to be God's Word, then you have to accept this as truth, or you may as well toss out the rest of the Bible. This school is promoting a sinful, wrong lifestyle and as another poster said, should not be supported by taxpayer money.
And you don't have to be a "born-again believer" to be a Christian.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
People with foot fetishes don't have a national parade day?
I think you're missing the point. What I'm getting at is do Christians see a difference in homosexuality as opposed to someone having a fetish or a turn-on of sorts?

Essentially, the reason I am asking is because I think that there is this viewpoint from the Christian world that the sexual aspect of homosexuality is the part that's bad. After all, the rest of it - feeling love, compassion, and even commitment to another man or woman (regardless of the Christian's gender) seems to be a message most often preached.

In other words, I have been told many times by Christians both male and female that they love me, they care for me, feel compassion for me, and are even committed to me in the aspect of trying to show me "the way".

So what's the problem with homosexuality? After all, the definitive nature within homosexuality seems to take on very Christian characteristics in that of "love" - at least that's what I am told are Christian characteristics. Thus, what we are boiling homosexuality down to seems to be the sexual actions in and of themselves and nothing more. In fact, and allow me to paraphrase as I don't remember biblical verses off the top of my head, but I do believe there is a certain verse in the Bible that says something to the effect of "If a man lies with another man as he lies with a woman..." and that is meant to imply the sexual nature of homosexuality.

My question is that if the sexual actions are to be feared and condemned than why not foot fetishes or other things of that nature? My impression thus far of the Christian world is that they are scared of one thing and one thing only - SEX. Based on that notion alone, I fail to see how one who derives pleasure from something such as sex (which we all do in one form or fashion whether we admit it or not) should be cast out as some sort of "sinner". And yet, these thoughts seem so Puritanical that I am reminded of reading a story in high school about religious zealots in the 17th century who would beat themselves for feeling any sort of pleasure.

So, forgive me if I find it a bit illogical to put myself in the position that I have to believe that love, compassion, and other wonderful things can be directed towards another person of the same gender (as I am assuming the Christian God would hope for?) - it's just the sex part that gets you sent to hell.

I don't necessarily agree with a "gay school" as I don't think it's necessary. As others have mentioned, I don't think that isolation is really the best thing to bring forth understanding in this world as is made apparent by the overwhelming underexposure and ignorance directed towards the gay community by this country as a whole.

Last edited by GCSTroop; 10-17-2008 at 07:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity