Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does establishment of a 'gay'-friendly school constitute endorsement of an immoral lifestyle?
Yes 32 45.07%
No 39 54.93%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:08 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Attitudes like yours are a big part of why so many homosexual young people commit suicide. Your Jesus would welcome them with open arms and loving acceptance. Why do you do less?
Of course He would but He wouldn't stop there.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:15 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Of course He would but He wouldn't stop there.
Why not? Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality or made any hint that it was a "sin". After all there are only two places in the Bible where it makes the assertion that homosexuality is wrong: once in Leviticus where it condemns everyone to death even people who eat lobsters, and once in the gospels of St. Paul. Guess what? Paul never even met Jesus. That was just Paul’s opinion, not the words of Jesus, and frankly Paul had some pretty nutty ideas. Jesus never mentioned homosexuality as a sin, but interestingly enough mentioned many times that you shouldn't be judgmental (hey, maybe that was a hint!)

Last edited by SuSuSushi; 10-17-2008 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Ewww typo!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:30 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
As a Christian I am appalled at so much in our culture today. I often have to remind myself that I am a visitor here, and that my home is in heaven. We are aliens and strangers here. I feel that more and more as they days pass on and I read articles like the one I've included below. Where is our country and world going? My mom would sometimes jokingly say "you're goin' to hell in a handbasket if you don't change your ways kid." And that statement is so true for where we are headed...the human race. Please pray for everyone who is caught up in this great delusion. A gay high school is only one of many atrocities in our world today....but this one is encouraging kids to live an open gay life. How utterly devastating.

Windy City proposes 'gay'-friendly school

A battleground is forming in Chicago over a proposed "gay"-friendly high school for homosexual, lesbian, and transgendered students, or any other students who want to attend. According to reports, taxpayer money would be used to fund the school.

The school would be called the Pride Campus of Social Justice High School, and plans are under way to possibly open its doors in 2010. Advocates of the school say...click to read more (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.aspx?id=282984 - broken link)
Ever hear of "live and let live"? Apparently not. Would you rather legislate your personal version of morality and force gay students back into the closet where they suffer depression?

Students who are obviously gay suffer in high school. If this is the best way for them to get an education, then so be it.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:32 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
You are so wrong. Who are you to judge anyway? It is your people of your mindset that give Christians a bad name. I'd like to think of Christian people as accepting people who love unconditionally. You are a Christian in title only, in my book. Sad!
Your book doesn't matter. God's book is what decides who enters heaven and who doesn't.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:43 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I am not judging anyone and I am not casting any stones. I'm not picking on you June, this is for everyone who has responded to my posts. I'm sorry you think it's okay to be gay and a Christian. Let's put it this way, you cannot be a born-again believer and gay. The Bible explicitly says that homosexuals will not enter heaven. I am only stating what is written in the Bible. If you believe the Bible to be God's Word, then you have to accept this as truth, or you may as well toss out the rest of the Bible. This school is promoting a sinful, wrong lifestyle and as another poster said, should not be supported by taxpayer money.
This is all personal opinion. Unless you can die and then come back to life, you have zero proof of who does and doesn't get into heaven, or even if heaven exists for that matter.

It's MY personal opinion that people who consider themselves to be "ex gays" have a huge axe to grind and have a strong dislike for gay people who accept themselves for who they are and live happy lives.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
This is all personal opinion. Unless you can die and then come back to life, you have zero proof of who does and doesn't get into heaven, or even if heaven exists for that matter.

It's MY personal opinion that people who consider themselves to be "ex gays" have a huge axe to grind and have a strong dislike for gay people who accept themselves for who they are and live happy lives.
Tried to rep you, but I guess I've given you too many!

I have a friend who is an ex-ex-gay and he has summed up that that is pretty much how he felt. It's sad the way some will not accept themselves and the feel the zealous, obssessive need to condemn those they are jealous of

Old 10-17-2008, 10:28 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
I admire people who are able to change their lifestyle, if it bothers them so much... But I wonder why their former lifestyle remains such an issue..

I also greatly admire people who accept what the Lord has given them and live contented lives, as best the religious(?) allow them to..

Old 10-17-2008, 10:40 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times
Quote:
Jesus never mentioned homosexuality as a sin, but interestingly enough mentioned many times that you shouldn't be judgmental (hey, maybe that was a hint!)
He may not have mentioned it but He also never condoned it either. As a matter of fact, several times in Scripture, He refers to the union of a man and a woman but never a man/man or woman/woman.

As far as judging goes, people judge every day. We all make judgement calls throughout the day in order to make decisions about a variety of things we encounter. What God is talking about here is not making the kind of judgement about whether a person is going to heaven or hell. There is a huge distinction here. Besides, I don't see anyone making judgements here but simply expressing opinions and feelings regarding this matter.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:42 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I admire people who are able to change their lifestyle, if it bothers them so much... But I wonder why their former lifestyle remains such an issue..

I also greatly admire people who accept what the Lord has given them and live contented lives, as best the religious(?) allow them to..
Um, maybe because it's not a 'lifestyle' or something one can change. A homosexual will always be homosexual. They may deny themselves from fear and deep seeded issues, etc., but they will always be homosexual. In fact, they will be the saddest homosexuals out there. The ramifications on one's emotional and psychological well being are documented to be incredibly traumatic for so called "ex-gays". The emotional health of the women and children they become involved with also hangs in a delicate balance.

Yeah, I know, you disregard science and psychology as a fallacy despite the fact that our civilization and all of our technology is built on it. But, hey, that's your perrogative.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:52 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Um, maybe because it's not a 'lifestyle' or something one can change. A homosexual will always be homosexual. They may deny themselves from fear and deep seeded issues, etc., but they will always be homosexual. In fact, they will be the saddest homosexuals out there. The ramifications on one's emotional and psychological well being are documented to be incredibly traumatic for so called "ex-gays". The emotional health of the women and children they become involved with also hangs in a delicate balance.

Yeah, I know, you disregard science and psychology as a fallacy despite the fact that our civilization and all of our technology is built on it. But, hey, that's your perrogative.
You misunderstand me Angel, maybe my post was misleading, but I have always let it be known here on this forum that Homosexuals are born that way..It is not a choice..Maybe I used a poor choice of words in using "lifestyle in my post..Just for your information ,I have been told more than once here that I am not a Christian because of my stance on homosexuality and my stance on the value and wisdom of science and psychology..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity