U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,455,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
This statement, makes me realize that your walk is not right either. You people think that you have the ONLY way to salvation, but you never stop to think that maybe, JUST MAYBE there are other people in this world that have it just as right.
How else would like to think?If I am a Christian. I think like a Christian, if I am Muslim I think like a muslim, if I am an atheist, I think like an atheist.

Quote:
If you came to my door trying to sell your brand of religion to me, more than likely, you would either get an earful from me for interrupting my sleep for no reason, or you wouldn't hear anyting other than the sounds of my door closing.
I don't go door to door and I don't sell. I am but a messenger for God, if not me He would send someone else to you because He is working on you.

Quote:
You can have your beliefs of who's got it right, who's got it wrong, and who you think is going to heaven, but don't try to push it onto me. There are more than one jokes about someone going to heaven and after he's there for a few days he asks St. Peter about the buildings without windows and a very high wall around it and St. Peter replies, "That's for the _________, They like to think they're up here alone." I've heard many different versions where that blank is filled in with fundies, catholics, sda's, mormons, jw's, etc. just fill in the blank.
Not my words, His
(John 14:4)
6 "Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 11:32 AM

3,627 posts, read 12,416,101 times
James 4:11

11Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Old 10-21-2008, 11:41 AM

5,137 posts, read 15,102,357 times
Slander refers to a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report

Judging - is speaking about condemnation. We are to judge right from wrong. How else would someone know who is the wolf in sheeps clothing if they dont 'judge' them. You're taking it out context.

the one who is able to save and destroy - condemnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
James 4:11

11Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Old 10-21-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Slander refers to a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report

Judging - is speaking about condemnation. We are to judge right from wrong. How else would someone know who is the wolf in sheeps clothing if they dont 'judge' them. You're taking it out context.

the one who is able to save and destroy - condemnation
The world judges everyday

Old 10-21-2008, 11:45 AM

2,214 posts, read 4,997,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
[Judging - is speaking about condemnation. We are to judge right from wrong. How else would someone know who is the wolf in sheeps clothing if they dont 'judge' them. You're taking it out context.
I'm glad you said that renriq. So many people take that scripture about judging out of context. We are not to judge people as deserving of life or death certainly, but we have to judge between right and wrong actions and base our own decisions accordingly. We are instructed to do so.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:52 AM

926 posts, read 2,402,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I agree w/ this statement 100%. But I don't believe all true Christians are going to heaven.
I agree, I was baptized and did my confirmation through the Lutheran church, was "saved" through the AME church and now attend a Catholic church but even though I have been through all that and know for a fact Jesus is my Savior, I am still a sinner. Consciously and subconsciously. Ultimatly in the end it is up to God's grace on who He admits to Heaven and by then I hope all my rights outweight my wrongs. Until then all I can do is pray, continue to praise and thank Him for His glorious mercy and blessings I am so not worhty of and keep serving in His name

Old 10-21-2008, 11:59 AM

3,627 posts, read 12,416,101 times
No, you are twisting the bible to meet your desires - The verse states "who are you to judge your neighbor"

The Bible is full of admonitions to not judge your neighbor. The speck in their eye vs.the plank in your own eye. etc.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:03 PM

2,214 posts, read 4,997,960 times
Quote:
No, you are twisting the bible to meet your desires - The verse states "who are you to judge your neighbor"

The Bible is full of admonitions to not judge your neighbor. The speck in their eye vs.the plank in your own eye. etc.

Right, I agree that we should not judge our neighbor. But if a person practices grave sin and we know about it and therefore we choose NOT to associate w/ that person, is that judging? Some people may think so. But I think most people would agree that we ARE to judge actions and that doing so does not put us in the place of the Ultimate Judge, our Heavenly Father.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:07 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,102,357 times
You need to read the WHOLE passage not just 1 verse.

Quote:

Old 10-21-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:

We are not to judge as hypocrites, If your friend is cheating on her husband and you are not, would you not judge her by telling her she is wrong?

Bible says, we can judge but in a right manner but we never judge someone's salvation.

(2 Timothy 4:2)
2 "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or