U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,544 posts, read 11,581,022 times
Reputation: 4468

Advertisements

Each of us will be exposed - every one of us. Flesh will not inherit the Kingdom, and none of us are dead to flesh (this is a process).

But will we be saved? Debate it all you want...it won't change His plan, desire, and will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2008, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,934 posts, read 6,601,893 times
Reputation: 5456
I don't "fear" (as in tremble in fright) the Lord personally. A display of his power might make me tremble, but there is no need to fear something as just and righteous as our Creator. I'm not afraid of what lies beyond this life. If I belong in heaven, I will be there, and if I don't, then I wont. No work of my own can assure me a spot. We all need grace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities
3,570 posts, read 7,791,898 times
Reputation: 5973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
So, I was baptized a Roman Catholic. Where as I may not agree with the Church 100% on all things at the moment, I do accept the fact that Jesus died for my sins. It seems that you say that only those that are "Born Again" are admitted into heaven, what is your definition of being "Born Again?" Is it that you have to get the full "Holy Roller, Bible Thumping, Born-again Baptist" type full body dunk-on-the-verge-of-drowning-you baptism in the river? Is it that you have to subscribe to your particular brand of Christianity? Or is it that you just have to accept that Jesus is the Lord and Savior and died for EVERY LAST ONE OF US on the Cross?

It is not about the church you are born into or even attend. It's about a relationship with Christ.



1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

John 3:6-7
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

John 3:2-4

He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him." In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM
 
Location: among the chaos
2,136 posts, read 4,310,330 times
Reputation: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
If you have truly been born again then by all means you will go to heaven and live eternally with the Father.
I was born a sinner. I will die a sinner. It is only through the grace of God and the death of His Son on the cross that I will even be given the opportunity to glimpse the gates of Heaven.


YouTube - voice of a saviour - Mandisa


One day I will stand before my God and I can only pray that I hear the words, "well done my good and faithful servant."

Until then, I will live my life in a manner that I hope is pleasing to Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 09:57 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,057,777 times
Reputation: 17784
Praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior... for showing me that I am a sinner and He has forgiven me of my past, present and future sins... and has confirmed that by sealing me with His Holy Spirit and witnessing to my heart, I am saved through and because of the blood of Jesus, whom the Father sent to all, who will receive Him! John 3:16

Blessings....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Purgatory
396 posts, read 732,233 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
It is not about the church you are born into or even attend. It's about a relationship with Christ.



1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

John 3:6-7
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

John 3:2-4

He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him." In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
You still haven't answered my question. You danced around it like a good politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities
3,570 posts, read 7,791,898 times
Reputation: 5973
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I don't "fear" (as in tremble in fright) the Lord personally. A display of his power might make me tremble, but there is no need to fear something as just and righteous as our Creator. I'm not afraid of what lies beyond this life. If I belong in heaven, I will be there, and if I don't, then I wont. No work of my own can assure me a spot. We all need grace.

Philippians 2:12
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling...

Psalm 2:11
Serve the LORD with fear
and rejoice with trembling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities
3,570 posts, read 7,791,898 times
Reputation: 5973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
You still haven't answered my question. You danced around it like a good politician.
No, I did not. Read the top line of my post and you will see my answer. It that does not answer your question then please let me know what else you'd like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Purgatory
396 posts, read 732,233 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
No, I did not. Read the top line of my post and you will see my answer. It that does not answer your question then please let me know what else you'd like
What is your definition of being "Born Again?" Is it that you have to get the full "Holy Roller, Bible Thumping, Born-again Baptist" type full body dunk-on-the-verge-of-drowning-you baptism in the river? Is it that you have to subscribe to your particular brand of Christianity? Or is it that you just have to accept that Jesus is the Lord and Savior and died for EVERY LAST ONE OF US on the Cross?

These are my questions, since you seem to have forgotten them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 10:07 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,470,092 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
So, I was baptized a Roman Catholic. Where as I may not agree with the Church 100% on all things at the moment, I do accept the fact that Jesus died for my sins. It seems that you say that only those that are "Born Again" are admitted into heaven, what is your definition of being "Born Again?" Is it that you have to get the full "Holy Roller, Bible Thumping, Born-again Baptist" type full body dunk-on-the-verge-of-drowning-you baptism in the river? Is it that you have to subscribe to your particular brand of Christianity? Or is it that you just have to accept that Jesus is the Lord and Savior and died for EVERY LAST ONE OF US on the Cross?
(Revelation 3:16)

16 "So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top