U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-17-2008, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,098,996 times
Reputation: 1008

Advertisements

GodTube.com - Shocking Youth Message Stuns Hearers - So Shocking & Biblical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2008, 10:20 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,452,213 times
Reputation: 746
Paul Washer is awesome!! I wish I had a minister like that in one of the many youth meetings I attended.

I love it when he says, "WICKED"

Renriq02, Do you listen to "Way of the Master Radio"? They love Paul Washer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,098,996 times
Reputation: 1008
I dont listen to the radio much...only when I'm driving...but then I put CDs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 10:32 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,452,213 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I dont listen to the radio much...only when I'm driving...but then I put CDs
If you ever have a chance you need to burn these podcast. This is an excellent doctrinally sound Christian radio station not mention absolutely funny!!! I have not heard better. You owe it to yourself.
Way Of The Master Radio (http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/podcast/ - broken link)

The host is Todd Freil. "Todd Friel studied to be a pastor for four years but neglected to actually get saved. He abandoned church ministry plans and did secular TV, radio and stand-up comedy for 6 years. Gratefully, God saved Todd (from hell and stand-up comedy). Since then, Todd has combined his pastoral training and media skills to host a daily Christian talk show."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 11:44 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,249,184 times
Reputation: 3440
So a professing Christian, who is unsuccessful at beating an alcohol addiction, is destined for Hell?

Is that what you guys believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 11:52 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,452,213 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
So a professing Christian, who is unsuccessful at beating an alcohol addiction, is destined for Hell?

Is that what you guys believe?
If I am a good Christian in your eyes but I secretly look at pornography. I repent again and again, pray like crazy, hate myself and know I am disappointing and offending God yet I still physically get in front of my computer, type in the name of the site, access my account and watch dirty, nasty, filthy images for a couple hours. All this with the knowledge that the Holy Spirit is watching it with me.

Am I a Christian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 11:57 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,249,184 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
If I am a good Christian in your eyes but I secretly look at pornography. I repent again and again, pray like crazy, hate myself and know I am disappointing and offending God yet I still physically get in front of my computer, type in the name of the site, access my account and watch dirty, nasty, filthy images for a couple hours. All this with the knowledge that the Holy Spirit is watching it with me.

Am I a Christian?
That's exactly what I am asking you.

Is your answer 'No'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,452,213 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
That's exactly what I am asking you.

Is your answer 'No'?
My answer is, I don't know but I would seriously, seriously question your salvation and those things should be enough to put the ABSOLUTE fear of "hell" in you.

Give up that secret sin. Paul Washer had another sermon where he said, stop whining about your sin. MAKE WAR! against your sin. This is a battle and just like any soldier, train and defend yourself. Kill or be killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 12:25 PM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,249,184 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
My answer is, I don't know but I would seriously, seriously question your salvation and those things should be enough to put the ABSOLUTE fear of "hell" in you.

Give up that secret sin. Paul Washer had another sermon where he said, stop whining about your sin. MAKE WAR! against your sin. This is a battle and just like any soldier, train and defend yourself. Kill or be killed.
I was listening to the video, although I can't finish it right now, and heard something disturbing.

Mr. Washer says that faith is preceded by repentance.

Is that biblical?

(It was right around the 10-11 minute area, I'll find the exact place if you'd like)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,098,996 times
Reputation: 1008
Faith without works is dead.

To profess 'faith' then have no works is dead.


Addiction? I haven't known ANYONE who wasn't freed from an addiction after becoming saved.

The bible is clear.

Drinking isn't going to send you to hell....getting drunk will.
Drinking is NOT a sin....getting drunk is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top