U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 04:42 PM

113 posts, read 217,110 times

Advertisements

Before I was baptised in 1998 I remember the teachings of the church I attended not very often when I was younger (teens), I didnt like the way they made you feel about God and the wrath he would unleash upon sinners, and there was never anything positive it felt so hopless and the never ending punishment we would all receive. My husband was raised in the LDS church he became inactive in his late teens , we started dating when he was 19 I was 20.

He approached me about church and was thinking of going back he missed it a great deal and needed the church back in his life, the first thing I said was I don t want to fear God , I dont want to be afraid of Him, he was kinda shocked by my response and said why would you be afraid? well thats all I know was the wrath of God not the love.

It took me awhile to attend, my husband and both our kids became members before I did, the history of the church had alot to do with that as well, im not immune to the stories and facts , it effected me too.
But he just kept telling me "By there fruit ye shall know them" if its something you wouldnt want to be apart of dont join.

Well I got to know the other side of our Father in Heaven I needed to know and experience and It doesnt matter to me the stories the history it doesnt change the love I know now He has for me and that He wants me to suceed in life and do the best that I can with my weaknesses and to keep Him in my life, and that his love is no different then the love we have for our own children. Heavenly Father knows my sins , but he also knows my heart and he wanted to get to know me as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or