U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:33 PM

1,041 posts, read 732,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, enough of the BS. You are NOT the Christ, and even claiming you are is what Jesus warned us about. Are you not divorced?
Yes I am the Son of God. And, yes I am divorce, but, neither Me or My wife take on another. And, it is to bring me closer to My Father's teachings. You see, when I was a boy in my foster parents care I thought to myself as being a priest. I remember this cause at Holy Trinity, elementary school, we were headed to the auditorium to here priest talk of their passion.

But, just because I am divorce doesn't mean I don't love My wife. In time, My wife will understand why we went through the things we did. What kind of God would I be if I could not write the Greatest Love Story ever told? I am married before God, I am also married to My promise of who I am. It can not be changed. This is forever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 05:34 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,019,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
so do preterits believe the world will end in a scientific manner and not a religious one? j/w, although you could definitely combine them
No...we don't believe the world will end in a religious manner...specifically 2 Peter 3:10 is not speaking of the physical earth ending but the elements of the Judaic covenant. Study the word usage of elements as it is used in other parts of the NT and you will see exactly what Peter was speaking about.

Does this mean the physical world will never end...who knows. At the rate we are going in raping the earth of all it's resources we may be in pretty dire straits one day unless we wake up and start doing something about it. But and destruction will not be based on what is written in the Bible.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Yes I am the Son of God. And, yes I am divorce, but, neither Me or My wife take on another. And, it is to bring me closer to My Father's teachings. You see, when I was a boy in my foster parents care I thought to myself as being a priest. I remember this cause at Holy Trinity, elementary school, we were headed to the auditorium to here priest talk of their passion.

But, just because I am divorce doesn't mean I don't love My wife. In time, My wife will understand why we went through the things we did. What kind of God would I be if I could not write the Greatest Love Story ever told? I am married before God, I am also married to My promise of who I am. It can not be changed. This is forever!
Dude...put that crack pipe down and get back to reality.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:38 PM

1,244 posts, read 1,213,597 times
This is weird cause I just read a lot of Preterits are Catholic and everyday in mass you say "we look for the resurrection of the dead and life of the world to come" so what do Catholic Preterits mean by this?

Old 09-08-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Dude...put that crack pipe down and get back to reality.
Girl pick up a bible and read.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
This is weird cause I just read a lot of Preterits are Catholic and everyday in mass you say "we look for the resurrection of the dead and life of the world to come" so what do Catholic Preterits mean by this?
The dead are in some cases those who chose not to believe. The resurrection of the dead means to bring life where life can not be seen. So many people do not believe, they are the dead.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Girl pick up a bible and read.
I have...perhaps you should follow your own advice because you are seriously deluded if you think people will believe that you are Jesus...just saying it makes me want to pee my pants laughing. You are a wolf and should not be spreading such blasphemous lies.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:44 PM

1,244 posts, read 1,213,597 times
Now that's insightful, I always thought of it strictly in the sense of the literal dead being raised

Old 09-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
The Catholic church, in general, is not Preterist which is why they still follow this creedal saying. You cannot claim to be Preterist and still be waiting for the resurrection because it is a past event.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:50 PM

So did many others. The dead are those who have been blinded by hatred, self-righteousness of knowing God's words. Many walk in their pride, I walk in My Father's teachings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity