U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:26 AM

4,047 posts, read 4,375,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Nope, IMO, the thief went to paradise to wait on Jesus who told him "Today, you shall be with me in paradise"
The thief died before Jesus did.. remember..He (the thief) died under the old law..Jesus spent three days "leading the captives out of captivity"..He was preaching the good news (his gospel) to those who had died under the law (the old covenant) and could not enter heaven..
So you believe that everyone who died before Jesus' resurrection is in hell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 07:32 AM

5,137 posts, read 15,098,996 times
Where did he write that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
So you believe that everyone who died before Jesus' resurrection is in hell?

Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Where did he write that?
You're right, I read it wrong. He said that Jesus took three days to bring everyone to heaven who died under the 'old law.' So to correct what I said, "you believe that everyone who died before Jesus was in hell (or "captivity") until Jesus died?"

Old 10-29-2008, 06:49 AM

5,137 posts, read 15,098,996 times
did he say captives on earth or those that were dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
You're right, I read it wrong. He said that Jesus took three days to bring everyone to heaven who died under the 'old law.' So to correct what I said, "you believe that everyone who died before Jesus was in hell (or "captivity") until Jesus died?"

Old 10-29-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Nope, IMO, the thief went to paradise to wait on Jesus who told him "Today, you shall be with me in paradise"
The thief died before Jesus did.. remember..He (the thief) died under the old law..Jesus spent three days "leading the captives out of captivity"..He was preaching the good news (his gospel) to those who had died under the law (the old covenant) and could not enter heaven..
Dead people, not captives on earth. Including the thief.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
.............................THE THIEF DID NOT GO TO HEAVEN ON THAT DAY.
THE SOUL OF JESUS DIED ISA 53:12 EZE 18:20 Mark 14:34 Acts 2:27 . FOR THREE DAYS HE WAS IN THE GRAVE Matthew 12:40 ( THIEF on the cross was told To day you will be with me WHERE DID HE GO )Luke 23:43. Jesus did not go to heaven John 20:17( read Matt 27:52-54 ) ALSO READ HEB 11:39 tehy seen the promise (whats the promise= the baptism of the HOLY GHOST... Them saints Got the Holy Ghost in Acts 2 THAT HOLY CITY WAS WHERE THE HOLY GHOST WAS POURED OUT (THIS HAS TO DO WITH SALVATION) IF YOU GOT A BETTER ANSWER IM OPEN I DONíT WANT TO UPSET YOU. JUST WANT A ANSWER BY THE BIBLE. AND IF YOU DID NOT KNOW THIS I WANT TO SHARE IT AS A BROTHER TO SISTER

THAT ( TO DAY ) IN THE BIBLE WILL TELL YOU HOW LONG THE THEIF
WAS IN THE GRAVE ( HEB 3 ) Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. IF JESUS DIED HOW DID HE PREACH IN HELL GREEK WORD = GRAVE ? if you read luke and isa... See More . it will tell you when he preached to the prisoners in prision ( And he closed the book ) he was alive still where was he ( in the synagogue ) And he closed the book( he must have been alive)then what did he say( This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. )

To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.( hell = grave ) prison house = synagogue ,prisoners=And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue
Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. GOD BLESS HOPE THIS HELPS....

Old 09-20-2010, 11:12 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,223,224 times
I think Jesus' words were literal,and Paradise meant Heaven.Therefore,Jesus did not lie when He said to the thief, "Today you shall be with Me in Paradise".So therefore,he was.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM

21,277 posts, read 20,883,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I think Jesus' words were literal,and Paradise meant Heaven.Therefore,Jesus did not lie when He said to the thief, "Today you shall be with Me in Paradise".So therefore,he was.
If Paradise and Heaven are one and the same, and if Jesus did see the thief that day in Paradise, His words to Mary on Easter morning make no sense. Remember, He told her not to touch Him since He had not yet gone to His Father who was in Heaven. He'd been to Paradise and to visit the spirits in Prison during the three days during which His body lay in the tomb, but He hadn't been to Heaven as of Easter morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or