U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 PM
 
Location: Shumway, Az.
139 posts, read 377,170 times
Reputation: 107

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickc121 View Post
Christians: Please think about the things that you say while you are on this forum. Talking about judgment all of the time, insulting others, and bashing different people groups DOES NOT make people look favorably upon christianity. There is definitive truth and it is ok to stick up for that, but we need to keep in mind the way that others are seeing our faith. I have certainly been guilty of getting carried away and offending others. Just something to think about.
It's a difficult fence to ride because one day that fence will become a sword. If I were to straddle that fence, I'd be cut into two pieces. As a Christian, you can be hot, or cold, but not luke warm. Luke warm, Jesus will spew you out of his mouth.

Revelations 12-16 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

 
Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
702 posts, read 844,740 times
Reputation: 204
Through a miracle Abraham and Sarah when theywere around 100 years old had a baby. God asked Abraham to sacrifice this only child of theirs to Him. God provided a lamb instead when He had proved Abraham loved Him completely because he had gone so far as to lay his son on the altar and raised the knife. That boy became Israel, the father of many nations.

Through a miracle a virgin bore a child by the Most High overshadowing her. He lived a perfect human life and, in doing the will of God His Father, went through the death of the cross. God raised him from the dead, incorruptible and deathless. He ascended into the glory of the Father and sends His Spirit into us to walk out the love of God in our own lives.

I assure you by my own experience also; it is true what God has said, there is no one who forsakes mother, father, husband, wife, possessions, houses and lands, even himself, but has received 100 fold back in this life in addition to life in the age to come!

And some think they won't have any of it? We all lose our friends, lose our youth and health, lose all our possessions . . . we all die! Will will abandon all to have God Who is Love, or will we just lose it all selfishly?

"If any man among you forsakes not all that he has, he cannot be my disciple." ---Jesus

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 10-21-2008 at 12:45 AM..
 
Old 10-21-2008, 12:12 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
702 posts, read 844,740 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Did you post this to prove my point about fundamentalists being scary bigots? Well it worked....Actually I think you were wasting your time trying convince me to come over to your side..You don't have a hope in hell with that kind of approach.
(This actually may have been Saul of Tarsus who ended up writing over half of the New Testament, though we aren't sure.) The rich young ruler, which means he was a leader in the Church of his day, came under the cover of darkness to get taught by the greatest teacher and miracle worker known in the history of the Church up to that time. When he heard what Jesus said about selling all that he had, giving it away to the poor and coming along to follow Him the Scripture says he went away sorrowing because he was very rich.

For many the riches of a fleshy pleasure for but a moment here or there is ignorantly preferred to entering into the glory of God.

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 10-21-2008 at 12:48 AM..
 
Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,691,572 times
Reputation: 12214
What the heck are you talking about? What does that have to do with the post you quoted?
 
Old 10-21-2008, 05:34 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC (in my mind)
7,946 posts, read 14,611,059 times
Reputation: 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How did my lifestyle enter into this discussion? I matters to me because I care about others, unlike many Christians I see here. Your kind of Christianity over the years has discriminated against many people because of race, beliefs or life style, and caused a great deal of harm...Gays are just your latest target. I think you discriminate against others just so you can feel that your are better than them....Well you are most certainly not. Not by a long shot.

I will fight discrimination with truth wherever it rears it's ugly head...By the way are you from Topeka, Kansas? Sure sounds like it.
I don't have any personal hatred towards gays, I merely believe what the Bible says on the subject. Militant homosexuals like you take any opportunity to accuse Christians of hatred and bigotry because you actually have a deep hatred for God and His people. Your ultimate agenda is complete elimination of Biblical Christianity.

If you would keep your sex in the bedroom where it belongs, and not in the streets like you do every June or in the Kindergarten classrooms, you might find a bit more live and let live.
 
Old 10-21-2008, 06:08 AM
 
7,788 posts, read 10,451,387 times
Reputation: 3392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

people who don't witness to their friends and family who know will end up in hell if they die in their sins was really not a good friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post


Christians often preach from such a stance that the message is drowned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post


The Bible is something you either believe or you don't, and its amazing to see to what lengths people will go to trying to create a heretical interpretation of Scripture that doesn't condemn and sometimes promotes whatever sin they are trying to justify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

Other non-blievers can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the public perception of some Christians is that they would just as soon tell you what you are doing wrong first instead of telling you how doing something right benefits you.
^ This nonbeliever is not going to "correct you" as she does not feel you are wrong. Much of what June has read on this thread is in fact rather "scarey," such that June wonders that the OP isn't proven by the bottom of page one...

Here's the thing, folks: June is a broken record, as she has practically fallen over herself in repeating herself time after time after time, again.

Personally, June has her doubts just how real anyone's true intentions are as regards the above! -And why does June say that? Because June knows that she is one of the most receptive and open minded nonbelievers, ("atheists") on this forum, and yet, you haven't quite managed to convince poor June yet. Not because June isn't open to convincing, as June tends to look at all things from as many conceivable perspectives as she possibly can, and to remain open to those views, ideas, and mindsets that most differ from her own. --Because that's just "June." However, for all June's open minded questioning, you've yet to reel her in.

She's been waiting, ya know...

But June doesn't think you're interested. Or perhaps for whatever reason, you're not interested in June. (Which has always continued to confuse June, given the fact that even this heathen is aware of the fact that your Jesus indicated that He was interested in her.) -Especially her, June would think, as June is clearly destined for somewhere not so good after her June 7th demise. (Or so you tell her.)

Here's the thing: June, (like most people, she might add) isn't exactly chomping at the bit for all the do's, don'ts, and the fact that it's a black and white belief system. (Which by the way, June thinks it's not.) However, June isn't quite fond of being condemned, told right off the bat that she'd better just "get it" or she's going to hell, and that she had better start worrying about her overly sinful heathen nature or else! --Because all that accomplishes is make June go: "Huh?"

June is not nearly as dumb as she'd like to think. Neither are any of you. But it seems to June that in order to not scare those very people who you claim to so sincerely want to reach, and in order to not alienate them, or reinforce their atheist belief, (and thereby inadvertantly send them fleeing over to the atheist subforum!) then you've got to rethink alot of things...

And for what it's worth, "witnessing" to June ain't gunna do it in the end.

The only person who has truly come close to "witnessing" to June did so in one, simple sentence, without even realizing they were doing so.

They managed to truly capture her imagination.

Hey, it's a start. (But what does June know?


Take gentle non-frightening care.
 
Old 10-21-2008, 06:33 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,101,195 times
Reputation: 1008
Children of obedience not disobedience

Those who follow sin have a different father.

Don't twist the scriptures

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
They are in essence incapable of understanding the concept of sin and repentance because of their brain abnormalities. Stop preaching hatred because God is all about loving and caring for all his children.
 
Old 10-21-2008, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,101,195 times
Reputation: 1008
The bible doesn't discriminate against race.

It DOES however discriminate against sin.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How did my lifestyle enter into this discussion? I matters to me because I care about others, unlike many Christians I see here. Your kind of Christianity over the years has discriminated against many people because of race, beliefs or life style, and caused a great deal of harm...Gays are just your latest target. I think you discriminate against others just so you can feel that your are better than them....Well you are most certainly not. Not by a long shot.

I will fight discrimination with truth wherever it rears it's ugly head...By the way are you from Topeka, Kansas? Sure sounds like it.
 
Old 10-21-2008, 06:37 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,101,195 times
Reputation: 1008
that's called bigotry

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
That's why I always say if Heaven is filled with some of these devout "Christians", I'd rather be in hell.
 
Old 10-21-2008, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,101,195 times
Reputation: 1008
great points...I can't rep you anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
It is apparent to me that your replies reflect that you do not want to hear the truth or address what the other posters are saying to you.

But I'm going to give it to you anyway (the truth), with love. Here's the truth:

I have brain abnormalites and defects and I'm a devout fundamentalist Christian. Do YOU feel love and caring towards me?

It's about what the Bible says, not how we feel. Let's just forget about homosexuality for a minute, and look at it from this perspective.
What does the Bible say about pre-marital sex? It says that we are to abstain from sex until marriage. Yes, abstain. Does it specify heterosexual sex only? NO.

Therefore, having any kind of sex, heterosexual or homosexual, is wrong outside of marriage.

What does the Bible say about marriage? That it is to be between one man and one woman. So, in the confines of the Biblical directives, there should be NO premarital sex. And since gay marriage is not ordained by God and homosexuality is actually an abomination to God, what is the homosexual to do?

They are to do what other Christians do, and what the Bible says. They are to do what alcoholics and drug addicts do...abstain. Accept Jesus Christ, live for the Lord and deny their urges and desires. They are to surround themselves with loving Christians who accept them and help them through it.

I am a single person, and I do not have sex. It is because the Bible tells me that I should not unless I am married. It's that simple. You pray to God to help you with your weaknesses, read and study the Bible and live only to please your God. DO NOT live to please yourself, you fight the good fight for the few years you are here and you win an everlasting life with our Almighty Creator God. It will be worth the very temporary self-denial to have a permanent place in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top