U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:21 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Praise God...

WHY does it still amaze me after all of these years when He puts a Scripture into my heart and then someone speaks it....???

I almost posted that scripture yesterday in your other Thread...

Isn't it awesome to have the indwelling Holy Spirit in your heart to lead and to guide you?
He is the Friend that is closer than a brother.
He's in our hearts and He wants to bring forth fruit in our lives if we'll only listen and allow Him to...

God's Word does not return void but it will accomplish the thing it was sent forth to do.

God is so good. He's watching over His Word to perform it.

Thank you, Lord!

Amen....
I had a minister in my life whom I respected very much say to me once....
If you hear the Lord speak three times the same scripture; speaking it once and confirming it twice... listen up!!
For it is sent forth to accomplish His purpose in your life...... low and behold it came to pass....

Old 10-20-2008, 10:22 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,449,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Totally agree with ya, Northsouth....the biggest test is trusting the Holy Spirit in giving one the insight knowing when to speak and when to be silent...and I have found most of the time it is silence...here!
I always ask myself..is there any eternal value in what I'm about to say or do....
Also God's word stands on it own... we (I) don't need to defend it, debate, or even argue over it! It will accomplish that which it was sent forth to do... it never comes back void...
Your last statement is so true and I have said it on many occasions! But some seem to just want too bring contention and discord, sad to say, about everything!!!

Blessings...
Actually we are to defend the Word because it is continuously being attacked. Too many Christians have a weak sense of the gospel creating susceptibility for other gospels i.e. "prosperity gospel".

Christian children aren't getting their answers from parents or even the church only to grow up and go to institutions of higher learning where they find atheist professors more than willing to answer those questions.

Paul tells us to defend the gospel.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 AM

21,416 posts, read 29,537,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post

Also God's word stands on it own... we (I) don't need to defend it, debate, or even argue over it! It will accomplish that which it was sent forth to do... it never comes back void...
Blessings...
Absolutely true! Isaiah 55:11 "It is the same with My Word, I send it out and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it".
2 Timothy 2:24 "The Lord's servants must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone. They must be able to teach effectively and be patient with difficult people".

Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM

13,459 posts, read 21,202,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
2 Timothy 2:24 "The Lord's servants must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone. They must be able to teach effectively and be patient with difficult people".
Hey, we need that verse as a sticky on this forum

Old 10-20-2008, 11:24 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,359,708 times
The word instruct us to be "salt and light"
We all must be guided by the Holy Spirit when we speak, instead of out of our emotions
God Bless You
The first commandment we should remember "Love"

Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
The word instruct us to be "salt and light"
We all must be guided by the Holy Spirit when we speak, instead of out of our emotions
God Bless You
The first commandment we should remember "Love"
I can say, I love you and I don't want you to go to hell. HATEMONGER!!!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:35 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by world citizen View Post
excellent post, shanab.
+ 2.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:10 PM

4,541 posts, read 12,763,505 times
Default The thief came to steal, kill and destroy...

Too many people are blinded by their own spiritual pride. They seem to think that they are the only ones who read and understand the Bible. They go around like little dictators, ready to cut off the heads of anyone who disagrees with them.

Jesus came that we might have life... and have it more abundantly.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
For every man shall bear his own burden.

Having said that, I probably need to leave this discussion and probably this forum for a while now lest I be torn to shreds by those feeling the need to straighten me out. Before I leave I'd like to point out that it's been nice here on the forum for a few days.... the Spirit of God has truly been among us.

Adios!

Last edited by World Citizen; 10-20-2008 at 01:50 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Fundamentalist... you sound so much like a particular previous poster that was around here for a while.
He saw "prosperity teachings" inside of every post and he was always ready to "defend the gospel"... as you say.

Adios!
Actually I am the Christian formerly known as "Reformed Liberal" like this name much better!

I don't see prosperity teaching inside every posts. I see Kingdom Theology, Liberation theology, Red Letter Christianity, universalism, postmodernism etc... Want me to go on?
Quote:
"Too many people are blinded by their own spiritual pride. They seem to think that they are the only ones who read and understand the Bible. They go around like little dictators, ready to cut off the heads of anyone who disagrees with them."
I guess you are guilty of that as well since you are telling me that I am wrong for claiming to know the truth.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:29 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,246,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I can say, I love you and I don't want you to go to hell. HATEMONGER!!!!!
What do you mean by this, fundie?

That IF you tell someone you don't want them to go to hell, you are labeled a hatemonger?

You're not calling the other poster a hatemonger are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or