U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2008, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,100,301 times
Reputation: 1008

Advertisements

I have been seeing a lot of people quote the 2nd commandment, but hardly the first.

30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

There are many people who teach others on the philosophies they have learned but nothing that is scriptural.

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

We are called to strengthen to everyone and/or bring them to the light. To say a Christian must not do that is unbiblical.

It's one thing to share 'opinions' it's another to say it's in the bible.

If your own brothers/sisters are 'scary' then you really need to check yourself. There is no 'happy medium' for God. Either you're hot or you're cold. There are many people bringing their liberal lifestyles, and trying to twist the Word of God. In the recent 60-70 years have things changed so much.

How is it during Jesus time was everything 'crystal clear' but now everyone is becoming 'watered down'?

Heaven and earth will pass away but not the Word of God.

Most people dont read the bible...they read articles, books, poems, hear music, etc about the bible, but dont actually READ it.

Why do 'Christians' go around preaching to 'other Christians'?

because there are a lot of 'Christians' who are preaching heresy.
To preach heresy is to have the spirit of the antichrist, and therefore negating their own salvation. They are people who like to distort the Word of God because of their lifestyles, habits, friends, etc.

 
Old 10-20-2008, 01:40 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,453,301 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
What do you mean by this, fundie?

That IF you tell someone you don't want them to go to hell, you are labeled a hatemonger?

You're not calling the other poster a hatemonger are you?
I could preach the love of Christ, I have said, "I love you man" and I care for your salvation and I am yelled down, calling me a hatemonger, bigot etc....

It does not matter how we preach the gospel, the real truth- message is hard for many to swallow therefore we will always be hated and Jesus said so. If you are preaching the word and the world is loving it, then you are doing something wrong.

(John 15 18:25)

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
 
Old 10-20-2008, 01:43 PM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,469,294 times
Reputation: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
The word instruct us to be "salt and light"
We all must be guided by the Holy Spirit when we speak, instead of out of our emotions
God Bless You
The first commandment we should remember "Love"
The problem is...salt stings when it gets into an open wound!
 
Old 10-20-2008, 01:44 PM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,250,351 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I could preach the love of Christ, I have said, "I love you man" and I care for your salvation and I am yelled down, calling me a hatemonger, bigot etc....

It does not matter how we preach the gospel, the real truth- message is hard for many to swallow therefore we will always be hated and Jesus said so. If you are preaching the word and the world is loving it, then you are doing something wrong.

(John 15 18:25)

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
I was trying to get you to clarify whether your comments were directed at another poster or not.

Many interpreted your post to be calling yhwhshalomjr a hatemonger and I don't think that's what you meant.

You might want to consider the way your posts read in the future.....which brings us right back to what the OP was trying to get at.
 
Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,453,301 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
It's so obvious how hard your heart is but you can't see that because you're blinded - IMHO.

I very sincerely feel sorry for you.
"Judge not lest ye be judged" One of the many twisted scripture that the weak liberal gospel spouts. See how it boomerangs.

Let me guess, "all roads lead to God"?
 
Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 PM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,250,351 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickc121 View Post
Christians: Please think about the things that you say while you are on this forum. Talking about judgment all of the time, insulting others, and bashing different people groups DOES NOT make people look favorably upon christianity. There is definitive truth and it is ok to stick up for that, but we need to keep in mind the way that others are seeing our faith. I have certainly been guilty of getting carried away and offending others. Just something to think about.
Is this similar to what we were talking about in this thread?

Brothers and sisters, what exactly are we doing? If you have ears, please hear.
 
Old 10-20-2008, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,100,301 times
Reputation: 1008
I haven't been on this forum very long but I haven't seen or dont remember people cursing/damning anyone here.

To say someone will burn in hell because someone's lifestyle is in the bible.

To tell them everything is 'fine and dandy' is worse than speaking the truth.
 
Old 10-20-2008, 01:59 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,453,301 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I was trying to get you to clarify whether your comments were directed at another poster or not.

Many interpreted your post to be calling yhwhshalomjr a hatemonger and I don't think that's what you meant.

You might want to consider the way your posts read in the future.....which brings us right back to what the OP was trying to get at.
Ohhhh!!! NO! that was meant for me. I will be more careful in future posts.

Thank you
 
Old 10-20-2008, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville,Florida
3,772 posts, read 9,362,454 times
Reputation: 1979
Its getting close to Halloween that is why it is scary here. Just kidding LOL
 
Old 10-20-2008, 02:28 PM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,063,022 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post

To say someone will burn in hell because someone's lifestyle is in the bible.
I think that sometimes people enjoy telling someone they are going to hell because of their "lifestyle". I really do. Its human nature to want to be in a selective club (i.e. the "narrow way"). I honestly think that is where fundamentalist evangelicals lose their way.

Other non-blievers can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the public perception of some Christians is that they would just as soon tell you what you are doing wrong first instead of telling you how doing something right benefits you.

JMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top