Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:44 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times

Advertisements

Hey...to all who call themselves a "Christian", can't you see you are 'beating a dead horse' here?
All those who do not believe the Bible is the word of God are NOT going to change their minds, regardless of what is pointed out from the scriptures.

GIVE IT UP !

Old 10-21-2008, 06:51 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,934 times
that's called condemnation.

If you really believe in the hellfire then you want to love your neighbor as yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Hey...to all who call themselves a "Christian", can't you see you are 'beating a dead horse' here?
All those who do not believe the Bible is the word of God are NOT going to change their minds, regardless of what is pointed out from the scriptures.

GIVE IT UP !

Old 10-21-2008, 06:54 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
^ This nonbeliever is not going to "correct you" as she does not feel you are wrong. Much of what June has read on this thread is in fact rather "scarey," such that June wonders that the OP isn't proven by the bottom of page one...
Sorry you feel that way June but the gospel has some frightening aspects. That can't be changed.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:57 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:

GIVE IT UP !
LOL.....um....you forget many of us said the same thing also and yet we did, so why give up?. Many of us were atheists, agnostics, muslims etc.... We repented- "means change of mind" and put our trust in Christ.
Christians don't convert, that is a miracle in of itself left up to God. We are merely the messengers of His Gospel. We deliver, He converts.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:30 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,794,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I just figured you out. I saw your post on another thread rubbing your hands in glee at what you think is the coming "rapture", and all of us "sinners" living in torture for seven years...I don't subscribe to that myth, but if I did I would rather be left behind...We sinners will have a party to end all parties!
No you have not figured me out if you think that. The only way to "figure me out" is to accept Christ and experience the love that comes with that. It's an all encompassing love, that extends to ALL, not just other Christians. My desire is to see all accept Christ and go to heaven, there is nothing but great sadness in my heart for those who refuse to do that.

Because you are not a Christian, your eyes are blinded and your heart is hardened by the forces of darkness and you can never understand what motivates me as a Christian. I only wish the very best for you, and there is absolutely no "glee" in knowing that there will be people spending an eternity in hell. I have the heart of Christ, and Christ died for you!! So that YOU could experience His love and acceptance. It's for everyone, not just a select few.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
What was the topic of this thread?

Old 10-21-2008, 08:20 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th;5783184Personally, June has her doubts just how [B
real[/b] anyone's true intentions are as regards the above! -And why does June say that? Because June knows that she is one of the most
She's been waiting, ya know...
Unfortunately, there are too many Christian beliefs. It's sad, that Christianity has been put into this one ball and anyone can claim they are Christian.

Don't worry June, even as a Christian, I'm with the OP, some of these Christians are scary and they need to take a look, are they doing this for Jesus or trying to buy their way into HEAVEN!!

But, there are some really true Christians on here that have the right messages.

It's the ones that really don't have a firm ground that scare me. I guess we can call them FLIP FLOPPER'S!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:

GIVE IT UP !
Isn't this the Christian forum?? Where you have to come in for the information!! Ah, you must be some what curious!!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
that's called bigotry
Is it? Interesting...

Old 10-21-2008, 08:29 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,934 times
Yes it is

A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own.

Why are you intolerant towards bible thumpers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Is it? Interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.