Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:04 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times

Advertisements

I was searching around YouTube and stumbled across my favorite theologian guys on the subject. Funny, because I had been searching for it on their website and couldn't find it and boom, here it is.

I realize links are not popular, especially ones concerning the rapture, but the aligning between Biblical prophecy and solar and lunar eclipses is quite interesting to me. I thought it might be to some others, too.

I can't help it if there's not a lot of fanfare and yelling. These are intelligent theologians and they are discussing.....not yelling and talking over each other. Quite refreshing if you ask me.

Just some food for thought...you don't have to agree with it.

YouTube - Rapture - Fall 2008? (Pt 1 of 6)

YouTube - Rapture - Fall 2008? (Pt 2 of 6)

YouTube - Rapture - Fall 2008? (Pt 3 of 6)

YouTube - Rapture - Fall 2008? (Pt 4 of 6)

YouTube - Rapture - Fall 2008? (Pt 5 of 6)

YouTube - Rapture - Fall 2008? (Pt 6 of 6)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 06:29 AM

553 posts, read 568,181 times
hmm...

Old 09-02-2008, 06:32 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,374 times
"Rapture"--A. D. 70! (1 Thes. 4)

Preterist

Old 09-02-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post

Preterist
Stop being blinded by man's interpretation and pay attention to what the Bible really says.

Can you pray for God to remove the blinders and at least view the videos to receive the truth that the 2nd coming has not happened? I certainly can't prove the Rapture, but it is Biblically proven that the 2nd coming HAS NOT HAPPENED.

Did you know that Preterism was created by a man in the middle ages to justify and take the focus off of Christians and the issues of his day so that they would be able to fool themselves into thinking that none of the Bible applies to them?

What an imagination!! Thank God that there are only a handful of people fooled by this teaching. I pray that they will be set free and the blinders will be removed.

It's just another teaching that holds no water Biblically and is false.

What better way to remove responsibility than to say all of it has already happened!!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I certainly can't prove the Rapture, but it is Biblically proven that the 2nd coming HAS NOT HAPPENED.
Or CANNOT happen.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:44 AM

599 posts, read 1,260,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post

Preterist
It's laughable (at least to me) that you use 1 Thess. 4 to try to prove your point that Jesus already returned in 70AD. Let's look at verses 16-18.

16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

17Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

18Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Can I assume that verse 18 is one of those "time constraint" passages that you are so fond of writing about? Surely "one another" is referring to those that Jesus was speaking to and can't be interpreted to mean anyone living after that time, correct? Then what about the verses preceeding verse 18? Don't those also have to be taken at face value? You know the verses that mention the Lord decending from heaven with a shout, the voice of the archangel and the trumpet of God...the dead rising first, then those who are alive being caught up together in the clouds and meeting the Lord in the air? What about those verses Preterist? If you're going to insist that the verses that mention a specific time these things are supposed to happen (to those Christians who were alive in 70AD) then you have to insist that the rest of the passage be taken literally as well.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
Or CANNOT happen.

Why do you say this? Where is your scripture to back up that the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ will not or cannot happen?

Can you prove that the Rapture cannot happen? No, you can't, not anymore than I can prove that it will. Biblically, it is possible.

Biblically, there is no question that the 2nd coming of Jesus WILL happen. With or without a Rapture.

Did you watch the videos?

Matthew 24:30-31
"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."

These scriptures alone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the 2nd coming has not happened, but definitely will. And it will be SOON.

If the 2nd coming had happened, it would be recorded in the Bible or recorded somewhere, because it will not be a quiet event!!! And the most obvious reason, of course, is that his "elect" are still here!!!

Another subtle but dead giveaway is this: "they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."

This passage alone proves that the 2nd coming DID NOT happen in AD 70 like preterists believe.....why? Because there were not people scattered from one end of the earth to the other!!

I like this passage, because it is "the first and greatest commandment." If you do this and accept Jesus as your Savior, there is no need to fear what is to come:

Matthew 22:37-38
"Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38. This is the FIRST AND GREATEST COMMANDMENT."

Old 09-02-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Why do you say this? Where is your scripture to back up that the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ will not or cannot happen?

Can you prove that the Rapture cannot happen? No, you can't, not anymore than I can prove that it will. Biblically, it is possible.

Biblically, there is no question that the 2nd coming of Jesus WILL happen. With or without a Rapture.

Did you watch the videos?

Matthew 24:30-31
"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."

These scriptures alone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the 2nd coming has not happened, but definitely will. And it will be SOON.

If the 2nd coming had happened, it would be recorded in the Bible or recorded somewhere, because it will not be a quiet event!!! And the most obvious reason, of course, is that his "elect" are still here!!!

Another subtle but dead giveaway is this: "they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."

This passage alone proves that the 2nd coming DID NOT happen in AD 70 like preterists believe.....why? Because there were not people scattered from one end of the earth to the other!!

I like this passage, because it is "the first and greatest commandment." If you do this and accept Jesus as your Savior, there is no need to fear what is to come:

Matthew 22:37-38
"Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38. This is the FIRST AND GREATEST COMMANDMENT."
I have no scripture to back it up your honor. Can I use reason and simple deduction based on the evidence, or lack thereof, instead?

Old 09-02-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
I have no scripture to back it up your honor. Can I use reason and simple deduction based on the evidence, or lack thereof, instead?
All the evidence you need is in the Bible. How does one say it won't happen without evidence to back your statement? Since Christianity is based on God's Word, the Bible, wouldn't it make sense that the requirements to argue that there is no 2nd coming should in fact be Biblically based?

So now you're just throwing "because it won't, because it can't, or because I said so" out there just to be able to argue? I have a signpost that wants to argue with you.

Personal reasoning and deduction play no part in spiritual discernment. The Holy Spirit is only received to help you with this after you accept Christ. Accept Christ and your knowledge of all things Biblical will increase and grow. All the questions you have now will disappear.

Well, YY, I think my original point about you and your motives has just been solidified. When you get serious about God, let me know. I have a feeling your interest and constant time spent in the R&P/CS-F is a real good indication that you know we are right.

Fighting it tooth and nail doesn't make it go away. After all, isn't that why unbelievers don't believe? You're all so afraid that Christians might actually be right! It's so much easier to ignore it, make fun of it, and stick your fingers in your ears and go "la,la,la,la" than to believe, heaven forbid, that responsibility for one's life, sins and actions might actually have to be accounted for to our Creator.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,374 times
Quote:
Stop being blinded by man's interpretation and pay attention to what the Bible really says.

Can you pray for God to remove the blinders and at least view the videos to receive the truth that the 2nd coming has not happened? I certainly can't prove the Rapture, but it is Biblically proven that the 2nd coming HAS NOT HAPPENED.

Did you know that Preterism was created by a man in the middle ages to justify and take the focus off of Christians and the issues of his day so that they would be able to fool themselves into thinking that none of the Bible applies to them?

What an imagination!! Thank God that there are only a handful of people fooled by this teaching. I pray that they will be set free and the blinders will be removed.

It's just another teaching that holds no water Biblically and is false.

What better way to remove responsibility than to say all of it has already happened!!
DOTL: Why are you and others like you always considered by themselves the only ones who read and understand the Bible? Do you not realize that we can make the same accusations about YOU?

Will YOU read something that I post about my positions? I doubt it! Why should I watch the videos--I know exactly what they say.

Furthermore, preterism was NOT created by someone in the middle ages--it was created by someone in the first century--JESUS!

Also, premillennial dispensationalism was created in the 19th century by Darby and made popular by Scofield and his unbiblical Bible notes!

Can YOU pray to ask God to remove the blinders from YOUR eyes? YOU stop listening to the teachings of men and see what the Bible really says!

Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity