U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2008, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Montrose, CA
3,031 posts, read 7,863,957 times
Reputation: 1925

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Show me keeping the "Sabbath" in the New Testament that pertains to the Gentiles and isn't in a synagogue?

(Colossians 2 16;17)
"So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ"
Do you or do you not agree that Sunday became the day of worship after Constantine's edict in 321AD? By your argument, one could say that nothing in the bible applies to Gentiles. *shrug*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,094,482 times
Reputation: 1007
and God blesses those who follow Him, and keep His commandments

I wasn't speaking about salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It's all God, He gets ALL the glory, none of it is for us. There is nothing, absolutely nothing we can do to get into heaven, God gets all the glory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 02:47 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
and God blesses those who follow Him, and keep His commandments

I wasn't speaking about salvation
my bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 02:51 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Do you or do you not agree that Sunday became the day of worship after Constantine's edict in 321AD? By your argument, one could say that nothing in the bible applies to Gentiles. *shrug*
Not true. Paul shows that very clearly. I don't practice the teachings nor writings of Constantine, that is an age old argument used by heretics (not saying you are one) to attack the inerrant, infallible view of the bible.

The Sabbath can be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. As long as you set at least one day to worship God and fellowship with other believers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 02:51 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
(Heb 109 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
That's our life (and destiny) in a nutshell.

(That's smiley's not supposed to be there...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,094,482 times
Reputation: 1007
To say that a person will get the same blessings as those who dont follow anything/everything is unbiblical.

Not eating of the things that God commanded not to eat will only benefit you.
Not doing the things that God commanded not to do will only benefit you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,094,482 times
Reputation: 1007
Can be? If God picked a day then who are we to change it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Not true. Paul shows that very clearly. I don't practice the teachings nor writings of Constantine, that is an age old argument used by heretics (not saying you are one) to attack the inerrant, infallible view of the bible.

The Sabbath can be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. As long as you set at least one day to worship God and fellowship with other believers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Do you or do you not agree that Sunday became the day of worship after Constantine's edict in 321AD? By your argument, one could say that nothing in the bible applies to Gentiles. *shrug*
Not true. Paul shows that very clearly. I don't practice the teachings nor writings of Constantine, that is an age old argument used by heretics (not saying you are one) to attack the inerrant, infallible view of the bible. I practice "solas scriptura"

The "Sabbath" can be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. As long as you set at least one day aside to worship God and fellowship with other believers. It is not a requirement for salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 03:40 PM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,465,688 times
Reputation: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
So what had the blind man been instructed to do, causing Jesus to heal him and say "Thy faith hath saved thee?" (Luke 18:35-43)

Hmmmm, how many of us are Jesus and have the authority to save people???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,094,482 times
Reputation: 1007
I dont think Jesus was speaking about salvation but more about healing.
Basically, his faith in God is what saved his sight....I could be wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top