U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 02:38 AM

625 posts, read 1,603,686 times

Advertisements

We as Christians will be delivered up to Heaven during the ends times but only after immense pain and trials by the anti-christ and his minions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 AM

9,727 posts, read 3,447,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
My question is if the tribulation starts obviously taking place, should Christians fight back or go like lambs to the slaughter? Of course Christ wins in the long run but Christians won't be able to overcome evil until God steps in, so in the meantime what should our actions be if this were to happen?

Hi decafdave, welcome to the forum.

Excellent questions! I think we are right at the door of the start of the tribulation. I believe some christians will be called to fight, but each of us must get our instructions from the Holy Spirit. During the tribulation, he who lives by the sword will die by the sword. The righteous are promised supernatural protection during this time. A thousand will fall at my right and ten thousand at my left, but no harm will come near me.

Once the great tribulation starts the 144,000 sealed witnesses and the two witnesses will be doing most of the work and the righteous will be hidden and protected. To be hidden and protected, you must be without spot or blemish.

I would remind you that Jesus admonished the Sadducees and Pharisees for not recognizing the time of their vistitation.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:45 PM

3,207 posts, read 2,303,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Right on NorthSouth! I also think the Bible teaches us to be prudent regarding the future. Regarding the rapture, Matthew 24:42 says- "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come". I think this passage does indicate that there will be a rapture before the tribulation but if it doesn't happen that way I think we should apply the same forward-thinking to the tribulation.

Fascinating stuff really, but alpha was right in emphasizing the present. The only way we can prepare for the rapture (if it comes before the trib) is by living our day-to-day lives for the God.

So, if we have to face the tribulation, will we do so as lambs or warriors? Fighting back sounds like more fun but I'm not sure there's any biblical evidence backing it up.
It's a careful balance that we have to have as Christians. Don't get caught up in the world and the things of the world but we still have to live in it, live for Christ today and be fervent in preaching the gospel to save souls today, but be mindful of the signs of the end of days. When we focus too much on any one thing is when we get into trouble.

There is NO doubt that we are living in the end times, but how should we prepare? Do we prepare, or do we leave it all in God's hands? What if the rapture doesn't happen like we think it will, before the tribulation? And back to your question, if we are here during the tribulation, do we go as lambs to slaughter or do we fight?

It all goes back to the individual. Like I said, I'm a preparer so I will be prepared for anything. I may be prepared for nothing, because the rapture is coming tomorrow. But here's the way I look at it....I may be gone but there will be billions who will be left behind. Would it benefit anyone else to read my notes telling of what just happened, eat my food from my well stocked pantry, and spend the money I haved saved and hidden? It most certainly will benefit those left behind, and hopefully will save their lost souls!!

If we are still here during the tribulation and are faced with submission or fighting? Once again, personally, I own a gun, a pinata' bat and several knives so what do you think I will do? I don't think it's wrong to fight for our lives. Now whether there will be anything left to fight for is the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity