Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 02:46 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times

Advertisements

Thank you to all for your prayers. Today was a day from H - E double hockey sticks! I'm only online for a bit to thank you all and as ILNC said, I'm offline 'til Nov. 1. I had a court hearing today and it was long and very draining. Then, what ILNC did not know when I asked her to create this thread is that I had a follow-up dr. appt. today. Many may remember that I had back surgery in the latter part of this past June. Evidently the surgery was unsuccessful and there is a very strong possibility I may have to go under the knife again and have the surgery all over! I have a CT scan tomorrow which will give the doctors the needed information to make a decision. I of course won't know the answer 'til Monday.

Again, many, many thanks for the prayers! They were definitely felt as I was in that grueling hearing!

Blessings!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 03:07 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,858,867 times
Prayers for you.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:28 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,237,545 times
Hoosier I'm sorry I'm late!!

I haven't been on for a few days due to a virus the grand daughters brought home from school.

I sure hope you don't have to have back surgery again.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Hey Hoosier;
Sorry that I'm late also,
But I thank God that my CD family is in my heart and prayers always, so I didn't sleep on this one
I pray God's Grace , Mercy and Unmerited favor on your behalf ,
I pray for healing according to Isaiah 53, and divine intervention according to Psalms 23
Psalms 91, in Christ Jesus Name I pray;
Yours In Christ Jesus
Will be checking in on you;
God Bless You and strengthen you during these times and always
~(*_*)~

Old 10-30-2008, 06:48 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
Thanks everyone! I learned earlier this week that I do have to go in for surgery again. Not sure when, but have an appt. set with the doctor to discuss. I also received a letter today from the state regarding a lawsuit my former employer filed against me stating I should not be able to receive unemployment benefits. They won. They lied so very well and listening to what they said shocked me that people like this exist in this world -- and under the guise of Christianity. I'm glad it's over but at the same time not sure how we will survive without any income on my end. To be quite honest and open, we're going into bankruptcy as it is and possibly losing our home so this may be the clincher that puts us out of our house. Please pray! We need it!! Plus, you can probably imagine the pressure this puts on our marriage. You can be the strongest Christian in the world and always put God first and foremost in your life, and even with putting God first and knowing He'll bring good out of this situation, somehow, I'm still quite scared. Very scared.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:58 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times
I'm so sorry for what you're going through, Hoosier. I will be praying for your health, for God's provision, and for oneness in your marriage.

Don't be scared. We serve an awesome and just God. He will meet your needs!
Much Love,
Lucy

Old 10-30-2008, 08:19 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Wow, Hoosier....when it rains, it pours! You will definitely be in my prayers and like Ms. Charlotte said, don't be scared because God ALWAYS turns it for His good. But of course we know that the trials must come to make us stronger, and God is strengthening you for something obviously.

The world is indeed a cruel place, and my experiences have been the worst with those "claiming" to be Christians. For a long time I reveled in the fact that "God will get them" but now I have gotten to the place where that doesn't matter anymore...revenge, that is. It's so hard to forgive, but ultimately it's for you and not them.

I will pray for your finances, your marriage and your upcoming surgery. No man can tear down what God has built up, but they sure can throw a chinck in the wheel sometimes. God bless you, Hoosier.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 PM

14,875 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Hoosier, you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. I am praying that God will meet all of your needs and that your family will stay strong and intact in the midst of what is going on right now. May God be with you and those who will be caring for you during the surgery. May you have peace in Him and may He guard your heart and mind in all things. Take care and God bless you and your family, Hoosier.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:31 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Coon Boy, the Lord is holding you in the palm of His hand, and He will provide for you just as did for Abraham

Old 10-30-2008, 08:38 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Hoosier,
As part of the body of Christ, we hurt when one hurts. And yet the Apostle Paul, while in chains and in prison still found reason to give thanks.
We personally know what pressure the are on a marriage due to finances. I would suggest that as much as possible you and your wife bring your problems before the Lord. He cares for you more than what any earthly possession that is temporary for you are worth much to God.
Twin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity