U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-27-2008, 11:53 AM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,466,667 times
Reputation: 3755

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
"Christians" who don't follow the word of God are not really Christians at all. It would be better for them to completely reject God and the Gospel than to continue to promote sin and wickedness under the name of Christianity, deceiving millions in the process and leading them to an eternal hell.

Matthew 7:22-23: "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

So very true...but so very sad !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2008, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,451,865 times
Reputation: 934
The truth, the whole truth, nothing but.................................


3.
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful. unholy,
3. unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
4. traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5. having a form of godliness but denying it's power. And from such people turn away!
6. for of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
7. always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8. Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith;
9. but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifested to all, as theirs also was.
10. But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love perseverance,
11. persecution, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra, what persecution I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12. Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
13. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.
14. But you must continue on in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
15. and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. All Scriptures is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17. that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
(2 Timothy 3: 1-17)

Sin is sin! There's no big sin and little sin to God. Read the above Scriptures in it's entirety. This is where we are today. Know that in the last days perilous times will come.................. we are here! I am not going to gave you a feel good sermon and lead you straight to hell. No!! I'm going to tell the truth! The whole truth, nothing but the truth! Will some get offended? I expect so. But that's what truth does! It makes us see ourselves and hopefully make the appropriate changes that are necessary to live the lives we're all called to live in Christ Jesus. Lesbianism, it's sin. You think Betsey is afraid to say so? Jesus said so before I did. If it's truth that you are seeking...........well here it is. Now what you do with it, is what will make the difference. Be Bless.


Your sister in Christ Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 04:28 PM
 
116 posts, read 277,799 times
Reputation: 82
In addition to the original post with the quote from Romans 1:26-28, here are quotes of Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 (respectively, and from the NIV):

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

It's pretty obvious that God doesn't approve. Again, one could argue about translation errors and the original languages not having equivalent words for the ones we read in the more modern translations but, as I understand it, both the Hebrew and Greek languages had an equivalent for the words 'man' and 'woman'.

At any rate, I believe the Bible to be God-breathed. I take it at its word, and trust that said God-breathed word is not misrepresented or errant. If it has stated that a man should not lay with a man, then I fully understand that to mean that a man should not lay with a man. Plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,451,865 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisiesnfreckles View Post
In addition to the original post with the quote from Romans 1:26-28, here are quotes of Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 (respectively, and from the NIV):

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

It's pretty obvious that God doesn't approve. Again, one could argue about translation errors and the original languages not having equivalent words for the ones we read in the more modern translations but, as I understand it, both the Hebrew and Greek languages had an equivalent for the words 'man' and 'woman'.

At any rate, I believe the Bible to be God-breathed. I take it at its word, and trust that said God-breathed word is not misrepresented or errant. If it has stated that a man should not lay with a man, then I fully understand that to mean that a man should not lay with a man. Plain and simple.
Again, here is wisdom. Who has ears let them hear. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 07:15 PM
 
Location: All around the world.....
2,886 posts, read 7,359,708 times
Reputation: 1044
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The truth, the whole truth, nothing but.................................


3.
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful. unholy,
3. unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
4. traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5. having a form of godliness but denying it's power. And from such people turn away!

6. for of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
7. always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8. Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith;
9. but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifested to all, as theirs also was.
10. But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love perseverance,
11. persecution, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra, what persecution I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12. Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
13. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.
14. But you must continue on in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
15. and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. All Scriptures is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17. that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
(2 Timothy 3: 1-17)

Sin is sin! There's no big sin and little sin to God. Read the above Scriptures in it's entirety. This is where we are today. Know that in the last days perilous times will come.................. we are here! I am not going to gave you a feel good sermon and lead you straight to hell. No!! I'm going to tell the truth! The whole truth, nothing but the truth! Will some get offended? I expect so. But that's what truth does! It makes us see ourselves and hopefully make the appropriate changes that are necessary to live the lives we're all called to live in Christ Jesus. Lesbianism, it's sin. You think Betsey is afraid to say so? Jesus said so before I did. If it's truth that you are seeking...........well here it is. Now what you do with it, is what will make the difference. Be Bless.


Your sister in Christ Jesus

Go Betsy go
You sound like you're sick of "Ceasar milk toast Christians< supposedly Christians) leading people that are dying into error just as I am
This is one of my dearest scripture passages...
Perilous times are here.for sure, and if anyone doesn't want to believe it hang around and watch a little while longer.
Why in the hay would we have all of this murders and stupid "anything goes"
type of things in the news , because "lack of self control" literally
people nowadays can't wait for someone to do the least thing to offend them, just to have an excuse to exercise their lack of self-control.. whether it's telling someone off to getting physically abusive..
instead of making peace, they love to make war...
they don't respect authority of any kind. "If it feels good do it" mindset
someone get in front of you, just shoot them, if they tick you off just zapp from the face of the earth... Evil times it is now.
anyone with an iota of sense can see clearly, that people fit the description of every single thing that the apostle named in the scripture above....
even an idiot can figure this one out...
It's like "Are you smarter than a fifth grader" come on
So why is it so hard for people to figure out that there is a real God?
and a real Abyss and Lake of Fire, as well as it is a real Heaven
The only reason that they refuse to see this is because they are slaves to their sins, and love it...
I loved sin too when I served satan....(A no brainer)
Some people act as though we were born saints and have always led this
lifestyle .
Some of us were chief sinners before we turned to Jesus
So go figure......
If The Bible wasn't true
Why would I leave a life of sinning and loving every minute of it to follow
someone that was not real....
The Prince of the air has blinded the spiritual eyes of many that they cannot discern truth from error..
That's what this is all about, blindness
If anyone think that lying down with someone of the same gender is right
Remember "Sesame Street? jingle... "one of these things is not like the other...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZIvgQ9ik48

It's just like taking poison and expecting someone else to die from it....
Somethings should just cause a bell to go off in your head...
Unless again satan and his demons have you tricked....I mean he is smarter than you if he can do this to you and get away with it.
It's not just lesbianism, it's the ones who say they are Christians, that teach that it's okay to continue to practice this lifestyle; and not tell you that there are severe consequences to sin.
We're here for you if you want to change your mind, and stop kicking against the pricks"(biblical )
God Bless You Betsey Lane and all the other ministers of CD

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 10-27-2008 at 07:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,451,865 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Go Betsy go
You sound like you're sick of "Ceasar milk toast Christians< supposedly Christians) leading people that are dying into error just as I am
This is one of my dearest scripture passages...
Perilous times are here.for sure, and if anyone doesn't want to believe it hang around and watch a little while longer.
Why in the hay would we have all of this murders and stupid "anything goes"
type of things in the news , because "lack of self control" literally
people nowadays can't wait for someone to do the least thing to offend them, just to have an excuse to exercise their lack of self-control.. whether it's telling someone off to getting physically abusive..
instead of making peace, they love to make war...
they don't respect authority of any kind. "If it feels good do it" mindset
someone get in front of you, just shoot them, if they tick you off just zapp from the face of the earth... Evil times it is now.
anyone with an iota of sense can see clearly, that people fit the description of every single thing that the apostle named in the scripture above....
even an idiot can figure this one out...
It's like "Are you smarter than a fifth grader" come on
So why is it so hard for people to figure out that there is a real God?
and a real Abyss and Lake of Fire, as well as it is a real Heaven
The only reason that they refuse to see this is because they are slaves to their sins, and love it...
I loved sin too when I served satan....(A no brainer)
Some people act as though we were born saints and have always led this
lifestyle .
Some of us were chief sinners before we turned to Jesus
So go figure......
If The Bible wasn't true
Why would I leave a life of sinning and loving every minute of it to follow
someone that was not real....
The Prince of the air has blinded the spiritual eyes of many that they cannot discern truth from error..
That's what this is all about, blindness
If anyone think that lying down with someone of the same gender is right
Remember "Sesame Street? jingle... "one of these things is not like the other...
YouTube - One of these things is not like the other things.

It's just like taking poison and expecting someone else to die from it....
Somethings should just cause a bell to go off in your head...
Unless again satan and his demons have you tricked....I mean he is smarter than you if he can do this to you and get away with it.
It's not just lesbianism, it's the ones who say they are Christians, that teach that it's okay to continue to practice this lifestyle; and not tell you that there are severe consequences to sin.
We're here for you if you want to change your mind, and stop kicking against the pricks"(biblical )
God Bless You Betsey Lane and all the other ministers of CD
Right back at you, yhwhshalomjr! Truth, it's like nobody wants to hear it anymore. May God have mercy on us all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 08:08 PM
 
Location: All around the world.....
2,886 posts, read 7,359,708 times
Reputation: 1044
satan is also using another one of his infamous ploys
PRIDE=FALL
not just the lack of acknowledging the truth for what it is,
But it is commonplace now for people to hate to be wrong;
I believe that this sin, is going to be the noose around the necks of countless Christians
If none of the other ones will hang us, pride will;
and you bet that's the one that he's counting on to lead many to the abyss
We must continue to pray fervently for one another
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM
 
3,627 posts, read 12,405,273 times
Reputation: 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Pardon me;
But what on earth are you talking about?
You don't have to be a Christian, to see that there is something, not quite right with it;
Ask the Lord, since He is clearly the author and finisher of our faith.
Take this to God in prayer with your sincere whole heart and ask Him what to do with your feelings and ask Him to reveal Himself to you
and answer all of your concerns;
Whether it is in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Spanish, what could that matter?
For it is written, "that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceed out of the mouth of God"
If you have peace with God in this matter and your beliefs, then who cares what we think about it, or some "Screwy website" advocating this lifestyle.
God is not mocked"
The fact that people look for an answer to something that they already
know the answer. is a clear indication that they are trying to justify it, or persuade others that are too weak, or guilt ridden to resist.
When you're in doubt of something take it to the Lord in prayer and He will answer you
btw are you a believer/Christian ?
We'll be in prayer for you
God Bless You
Wise quote

I have taken this in prayer for quite some time - this has been a long struggle for me because I know homosexual friends.

That it does not seem quite right to me is because I have been told that it is not quite right, but I just don't feel that way. I don't feel strange or uncomfortable around them.

I do not understand it but I know and love [agape] gay persons and do not feel their relationship an abomination. I know those who cursed themselves to the point of near suicide for being "different" but they are who they are so they either had to accept it or force themselves into heterosexual relationships that eventually broke down.

In any way, hate and loathing and self-rightousness is not the answer.

I am not convinced the scriptures are accusing gay partners in a loving relationship. There are just too many questions about interpretation for me to be so smug [either way]

I have too many other issues about myself to "get right" than worry about the salvation of another. I can witness to them, but it is the Holy Spirit who enters a perosn's heart and whether or not he enters has nothing to do with the sexual orientation. The Holy Spirit probably has an easier time of it getting in an "open door" than a closed one and I think telling someone they are an abomination before God is a sure way to close the door.

When they have accepted Christ,they will have to examine their own life and come to their own understanding with God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 08:47 PM
 
2,670 posts, read 3,552,291 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisiesnfreckles View Post
In addition to the original post with the quote from Romans 1:26-28, here are quotes of Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 (respectively, and from the NIV):

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

It's pretty obvious that God doesn't approve. Again, one could argue about translation errors and the original languages not having equivalent words for the ones we read in the more modern translations but, as I understand it, both the Hebrew and Greek languages had an equivalent for the words 'man' and 'woman'.

At any rate, I believe the Bible to be God-breathed. I take it at its word, and trust that said God-breathed word is not misrepresented or errant. If it has stated that a man should not lay with a man, then I fully understand that to mean that a man should not lay with a man. Plain and simple.
So you addressed gay men,where does it say anything about women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 10:08 PM
 
352 posts, read 476,324 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
So you addressed gay men,where does it say anything about women?
Read Romans 1:26-28
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top