U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:07 AM

3,927 posts, read 7,725,151 times

Advertisements

I'm thankful that my son did not wreck my car when he took it to the store this morning while I was sleeping!!!

When I found he was gone in it, I wanted to him right upside the head and ask him what he was ing???? He has no license and on the highway with MY car!!!

Thankfully, he made it home safely, but I had to tell him NOT to do that again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 10:13 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,465,688 times
I am thankful every day for all that God has blessed us with...even the non-believers have been blessed. The sun shines on all...it rains on all....natural beauty is around all....

Old 10-25-2008, 12:10 PM

3,758 posts, read 7,525,268 times
I am thankful because God took me from an impossible situation and set me on my feet again.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:53 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,358,628 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
I was thinking how thankful I am for all the blessings God provides. I had my yearly physical today, I'm going on 60, and all is well.
I'm thankful for my dad who is almost 88, he's a man of God and has such a love for the Lord.
I'm thankful for our five great children and four wonderful grand daughters
What are you thankful for today???

Gee I feel like I'm in a pageant;
I have so many exciting and good things to say about being thankful;
But in the interest of time, I'll only name a few
#1 I'm thankful that I'm on top of the ground, and the ground's not on top of me
#2-For a great spiritual and natural family
#- For friends here on CD that love the Lord and are strong in their faith
#-to finally get an AARP card and Veterans Advantage card for discounts
they do add up in our economy, every little bit helps.

That my hard has not hardened in the test and trials of this present evil world
That Jesus sent His son to ransom us with His precious blood, and that He did not leave us comfortless, but sent us His Holy Spirit to help us and instruct in life's affairs
That we have angels assigned to war on our behalf as believers (saints)
That God is the "I Am That I Am", Jesus is Lord of Hosts. Everlasting Father, Mighty God, Wonderful Counselor, and The Prince Of Peace, Strong Tower, Our Shield and Defense, The Author and Finisher of our Faith.....................
That someone today will say yes to Christ and transformed into a new creation.

That our name is sealed and written in the Lamb's book of Life
Thanks for all of the wonderful thank-you testimonies
For having true love in my heart
For having peace, that surpasses all mankind's understanding,...even my own understandingno matter what's going on around me
God Bless Everyone

Old 10-26-2008, 12:30 AM

5,296 posts, read 4,969,523 times
I'm just thankful that I didn't hurt myself or anyone or anything today

Old 10-26-2008, 12:37 AM

11,918 posts, read 13,814,338 times
I am thankful for the gift of life and for another day to give praise to God. I am thankful for my family and friends, for my health, and for all that God has blessed me with, for the work that God is doing in my life and in the lives of believers and in all people. I am thankful for Jesus and the sacrifice that He made for all of us, for the love of God which never ends, which in the end will bless all to reconciled to Himself. I am thankful that God has revealed who He is in Jesus Christ and I am thankful for who He is. God bless.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:38 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
aside from the ability to leap tall buildings with a single bound. the ability to recover from my own off days.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:07 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,213,282 times
yhwysholomjr...what a great list! Really uplifting
I'm thankful that I went with a girlfriend last night and saw Fireproof. A wonderful movie worth seeing. It was like looking at my life. My DH is a volunteer firefighter, doesn't yell like in the movie, but he shows no love for me. I feel very sad and alone sometimes. But am thankful that God loves me and knows me. If you haven't seen this movie it is really worth seeing. I was so moved watching it. Lots of wonderful spiritual lessons in the movie. I pray that it inspires many people to look to God for answers to the world's problems.
God is faithful....

Old 10-26-2008, 09:21 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,039,494 times
I am thankful today... for baby Manning!! A little guy our Lord has given such a strength, to fight such a physical battle!! God has a warrior in the making!!! There is something very special about this little guy.... not that all little guy's and gal's are not!! But Manning is such a testimony to all in this Christian forum and am so thankful God has given us (me) the blessed opportunity to witness this little life and the miracle God has shown and brought forth to all of us through his life.....

Blessings

Old 10-26-2008, 09:40 AM

4,541 posts, read 12,761,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I am thankful because God took me from an impossible situation and set me on my feet again.
I'm blessed to hear your praise report!

I wonder how many people need to be reminded of this fact today?

Our God is still in the business of restoring lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity