Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:01 PM

396 posts, read 838,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
I am glad to be Catholic.

Good night, people.

May you all find rest...

<><
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
Ditto.

In fact, +1 reps for weather for a truly insightful post!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:47 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
I'm not directing this at anyone, so please don't take this personal. To think if you are of any religion and don't have to care, what others do in the name of Jesus, is wrong. I'm not making any friends here on this thread and hopefully I won't further madden you!! I oppose Rick Warren, but upon further research, I have found that my suspicions are right and that I, line with Respectful Christians speaking out against his teachings.

Just so that you all know, I do believe that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour. Jesus dying on the CROSS and by God's grace I'm saved. Along, with this I'm a follower of the Calvary Chapel, the first guy to wear Hawaiian Shirts, Pastor Chuck Smith. Chuck Smith had this book removed..........Calvary Chapel Discontinues Purpose Driven, Reject Emerging

So I'm not out here just pushing my OWN agenda. As Christians even if people get their feelings hurt are to stand up against false teaching.
I thank God for leading Alpha and others to HIM. It was God alone who did it.

If always agreeing on CD and never speaking out against people or long timers of CD, who carry the WRONG message is going to lose face, then I'm probably better off some where else.

I can put my name on the list of people who got dissed, because they didn't agree with Rick Warren. I will be in good company with many other Christians.

Read ( go to bottom of page ) further if you want to know what happens to Longtime Christians and faithful followers of Christ when they reject the teachings of Rick Warren........................................SPIRITUAL EUTHANASIA: A PARABLE OF THE PURPOSE DRIVEN CHURCH (http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/spiritual-euthanasia.html - broken link)
(c)2005 Rock Salt Publishing
Used by Permission

"In Germany, the Nazis first came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, but I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak for me."

I am not sorry for stepping forward. If this were just people blogging and talking I would pass it by. He is being REJECTED by CHRISTIAN LEADERS of ALL Faiths. With this information I will stand with my Church and will refuse his teachings and keep my eyes on the LORD and pray to ALWAYS recognize False Teachers.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:42 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,500 times
I find great sadness in this thread. If you were on the "outside looking in", what would you see? If we all truly want people to see God, is this the way to go about it? I am really sad about this thread.

Proverbs 10:19
When words are many, sin is not absent,
but he who holds his tongue is wise.

Last edited by little_thirsty; 10-30-2008 at 02:51 PM..

Old 10-30-2008, 04:33 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Ecc 12:12
But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion is wearying to the body. The conclusion, when all has been heard?? Fear God and keep His commandments, because this {applies to} every person.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:59 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,605 times
Default Whew...

All of this name calling and anger and threats of hell and damnation and of who is right and who is wrong is exactly why I left Christianity behind. You fundamentalist folks really need to learn how to communicate instead of in-your-face threats and believe-my-way-or-else techniques. If Fundamentalist got in my face with his forced gospel message I would run for the door.

Hey, wait...that's exactly what I did!

Old 10-30-2008, 04:59 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,487 times
Bottom line is only God's word has power. But even these self help books, so to speak, if they contain scripture then God's word will not return void and God can use that.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:36 AM

348 posts, read 502,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
I find great sadness in this thread. If you were on the "outside looking in", what would you see? If we all truly want people to see God, is this the way to go about it? I am really sad about this thread.
Well said, little thirsty..... for seeing things in the larger perspective.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:50 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

...or your not getting the message, it's being watered down. I don't think this is a good message for new believers, what's your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

People in here are knee deep in love, love, love but don't want to talk about the rest of the gospel- God's wrath, that we are not good people, we are children of wrath.

I don't need to preach love, you have that and then some.

June has never read the book(s) in question. June is even less inclined to read them now.

This is one scarey thread. June finds 3 Shepard's querie, above, to be noteworthy...June isn't exactly what one would dare to think of as a "new believer," (not by any stretch of the imagination!) () however, even just "June being June" has to wonder what anyone who is interested in just understanding Christianity just an ittsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny bit more would make of all the "confusion" around what is and is not advisable to read! (As such, June has to admit that any interest she had in reading the "Christian book" that she bought a while ago out of interest has now waned...Subsided.) --Because let's face it, guys, June, (in being June) would more than likely have NOT pick the "correct book."

--Because really, how could she possibly?

(Points made herein this thread; points taken by June. June would sooner take a hammer to her own just June head right now, or gorge out her eyes than even attempt to wonder, (let alone ask!) whether the book she bought would be the "right one" the "appropriate one" that conveys the "accurate" message of the gospel...

As regards the comment that Fundamentalist made about people being "knee deep in love, love, love..." -Huh? Is June missing something? Have any of you read all 14 pages of this thread? Did June somehow miss the "love?" June would rather not go into the "wrath" part of any of this right at the moment...Not sure the book she was planning on reading included wrath or not. Oh well.

It's confusing, that's for damn sure!

Oh, and as regards the "love, love, love" above? June obviously isn't feeling terribly motivated to read her book anymore, however, she does seem to remember a nice quote from a book she read way back when:

"And the greatest of these is love."

Take gentle care.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:52 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm not directing this at anyone, so please don't take this personal. To think if you are of any religion and don't have to care, what others do in the name of Jesus, is wrong. I'm not making any friends here on this thread and hopefully I won't further madden you!! I oppose Rick Warren, but upon further research, I have found that my suspicions are right and that I, line with Respectful Christians speaking out against his teachings.

Just so that you all know, I do believe that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour. Jesus dying on the CROSS and by God's grace I'm saved. Along, with this I'm a follower of the Calvary Chapel, the first guy to wear Hawaiian Shirts, Pastor Chuck Smith. Chuck Smith had this book removed..........Calvary Chapel Discontinues Purpose Driven, Reject Emerging

So I'm not out here just pushing my OWN agenda. As Christians even if people get their feelings hurt are to stand up against false teaching.
I thank God for leading Alpha and others to HIM. It was God alone who did it.

If always agreeing on CD and never speaking out against people or long timers of CD, who carry the WRONG message is going to lose face, then I'm probably better off some where else.

I can put my name on the list of people who got dissed, because they didn't agree with Rick Warren. I will be in good company with many other Christians.

Read ( go to bottom of page ) further if you want to know what happens to Longtime Christians and faithful followers of Christ when they reject the teachings of Rick Warren........................................SPIRITUAL EUTHANASIA: A PARABLE OF THE PURPOSE DRIVEN CHURCH (http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/spiritual-euthanasia.html - broken link)
(c)2005 Rock Salt Publishing
Used by Permission

"In Germany, the Nazis first came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, but I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak for me."

I am not sorry for stepping forward. If this were just people blogging and talking I would pass it by. He is being REJECTED by CHRISTIAN LEADERS of ALL Faiths. With this information I will stand with my Church and will refuse his teachings and keep my eyes on the LORD and pray to ALWAYS recognize False Teachers.
I don't really have a dog in this hunt but I do feel compelled to present both sides:

Chuck Smith: A Pastor's Perspective

Warren Smith: Self-Deceived On Purpose

Warren Smith: Still Self-Deceived On Purposet

Warren Smith: The Rick Warren-Antichrist Conspiracy

Warren Smith: Deception In Sacramento

Lighthouse Trails: Walking In Darkness

Lighthouse Trails: The Blanchard Bashers

Lighthouse Trails: A Futile Attempt to Reconcile

Lighthouse Trails: Rants & Ramblings

Happy Reading!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity