U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-27-2008, 04:07 PM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,257,441 times
Reputation: 3450

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I wasn't saved at all until I heard an excellent sermon "Hell's best kept secret" The Way of the Master
I realized the Truth.
And when was that?

EDIT: By the way, I love that sermon too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2008, 04:18 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,459,929 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
And when was that?

EDIT: By the way, I love that sermon too.
This year. I knew the lingo I could toe to toe with A Christian but I just wasn't one.

Please listen to "hell's best kept secret" I am begging you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 04:32 PM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,257,441 times
Reputation: 3450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This year.
10-4. That's what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Please listen to "hell's best kept secret" I am begging you.
I've heard it about 20 times and gave a copy of it to each of the members of my Sunday School class that I taught.

You'll see above where I said I love the sermon.

I say this out of love to you fundamentalist, get in your bible and seek God's face. Get on your knees and seek God's face. And get into service and seek God's face. Your message is not necessarily bad but your delivery is greatly lacking.

You lack balance in your message. That's it in a nutshell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 04:37 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,459,929 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
10-4. That's what I thought.



I've heard it about 20 times and gave a copy of it to each of the members of my Sunday School class that I taught.

You'll see above where I said I love the sermon.

I say this out of love to you fundamentalist, get in your bible and seek God's face. Get on your knees and seek God's face. And get into service and seek God's face. Your message is not necessarily bad but your delivery is greatly lacking.

You lack balance in your message. That's it in a nutshell.
It is true there is a lack of balance because this forum has a lack of balance also. People in here are knee deep in love, love, love but don't want to talk about the rest of the gospel- God's wrath, that we are not good people, we are children of wrath.

I don't need to preach love, you have that and then some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 04:47 PM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,257,441 times
Reputation: 3450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It is true there is a lack of balance because this forum has a lack of balance also. People in here are knee deep in love, love, love but don't want to talk about the rest of the gospel- God's wrath, that we are not good people, we are children of wrath.

I don't need to preach love, you have that and then some.
It's apparent you feel that you have nothing to learn and or be taught from any other believer here on the forums.

I've tried to extend grace and my hand to you to try and help you.

But hey, in just a few months of being a Christian you've now got it all figured out.

Congrats!

I doubt you'll find anyone who's been a Christian for more than 10 years that would make those kinds of statements.

There's a level of understanding that comes from experience, fellowship, and growing and learning from God.

I'll ask again, what did you read this morning from your bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,462,919 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

That we are to do what Jesus did, Seek and save that which is lost.

If you are using Christ as a comparison, He didn't start His ministry until he was translated and perfected.

You are doing what so many do, cart before the horse... overcome sin and then you will know what to say and do.

Paul was this type of messenger.

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,462,919 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I just said, what he doesn't say but you aren't listening and that's the problem with many in the church today.

R-E-P-E-N-T-A-N-C-E

We go out and witness only to come across people who say, I am already saved. When we ask why? I ask God into my heart and the rest of it is a mess. We clearly see these people do not understand the gospel rightly? but because some minister or person led them in a Lord's prayer, they are Christian?

That is not even biblical.

Rick Warren and Joel Olstein never preach about repentance, a intricate component in being born again.
Rick Warren Purpose Driven Critique - Is Repentance the Central Message of the New Testament?
Extreme Theology ^ | June 04, 2008 |

One of the statements that surprised me the most at the Purpose Driven Community Gathering was when Rick Warren said that he believed that “Repentance was the central message of the New Testament”. Even more shocking was hearing Warren claim that the primary goal of all of his sermons was ‘repentance’.

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,457,014 times
Reputation: 934
Default It's the Holy Spirit alone that convicts the hearts..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Try preaching the ENTIRE gospel. It is the love and the wrath. God hates sin therefore He must punish sin because He is just, a just God would not let sin go unpunished therefore He would not let any of us go but God is also love that He sent His Son to die for us. Jesus steppped in and paid our fine. Jesus took the wrath that was meant for us because God hates sin. We should never go to Jesus because we are afraid of hell but rather we go to him because what He did for us so that we didn't have to go to such a horrible place.

That's the way Paul preached it. That's the gospel.
"We should never go to Jesus because we are afraid of hell, but rather we go to Him because of what He did for us so that we did'nt have to go to such horrible place." End quote. Read this:

17. But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ:
18. how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts,
19. These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
20. But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
21. keep yourselves in the love of God. looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22. And on some have compassion, making a distinction;
23. but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garments defiled by flesh. (Jude 17-23)
We are to win them to Christ. That's all. It's the Holy Spirit that convicts the hearts of men. On some have compassion. In others words, let the Spirit of God guide you. On others, we can win them by telling them about hell's fire. Just bring them to God and the Holy Spirit will do the rest.


your sister in Christ Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Oxford, OH
1,461 posts, read 3,217,043 times
Reputation: 821
I heard a sayings one time that said, "Don't be so Heavenly minded that you are of no earthly good" You can bang people with the wrath of God, and there may be truth to what is said, but if it turns people away from the Gospel than that is not the best road. I don't think that means you water down the word of God but there is something about choosing what you say and asking the Lord to lead you in what comes out of your mouth. We can love people into the kingdom and still present the whole word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2008, 08:21 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,459,929 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
You guys scare me.

Seriously.

Calling Rick Warren's PDL a false gospel...whatever.

I bet you base that on someone else's opinion.....someone say like MacAurthur


YouTube - MacArthur on the Purpose Driven Life

Who during his attempts to take the speck out of Rick Warren's eye, shows us all the plank in his own.

HINT: For just ONE example, read Romans 8:1, watch the video, read Romans 8:1 again. Wash, rinse, repeat as necessary.
First, thanks for the video, never of knew of this one

Second, by your definition, I guess the Apostle Paul has a plank in his own eye as well because MacArthur is more than justified.

You would do well to listen to MacArthur as opposed to Rick Warren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top