U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,453,301 times

Advertisements

Remember the movie, "Greece"? This is an actual church service. For all those people claiming that churches are not of control that they are not getting on the right biblical track. but heh, we that criticize this are just pharisees, right? Enjoy! by the way I love the part, "Well she was good, you know what I mean"

YouTube - Summer Nights at GCC

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-27-2008 at 01:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 01:08 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,453,633 times
I don't get it. No commentary at the end? What is one supposed to derive from this?

Old 10-27-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I don't get it. No commentary at the end? What is one supposed to derive from this?
Are you asking me or in general. If in general, your guess is as good as mine. I assume teaching about Christian relationships?

Old 10-27-2008, 01:47 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,063,022 times
Mark Beeson

This guy (The pastor at the church in the link above) sounds horrible. Its like he is too caring and too love filled. Yuck!

Old 10-27-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Mark Beeson

This guy (The pastor at the church in the link above) sounds horrible. Its like he is too caring and too love filled. Yuck!
Ya so caring that he would have this worldly song in a church. "We made love under the dock" "She got down in the sand" but I am just a fundamentalist lunatic who respects and loves the lord by not bringing filthy language in the church. What was I thinking?

Old 10-27-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What was I thinking?
You weren't. No problem. It happens.

The video is concerning a series on dating. You probably don't like movies like Grease so I'm guessing you haven't seen it. I mean why would you since it isn't Godly and all (still wonder why you post here though since most everything in our everyday lives isn't Godly to your standards).. anyway.. there is no pre-marital sex in the movie.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
You weren't. No problem. It happens.

The video is concerning a series on dating. You probably don't like movies like Grease so I'm guessing you haven't seen it. I mean why would you since it isn't Godly and all (still wonder why you post here though since most everything in our everyday lives isn't Godly to your standards).. anyway.. there is no pre-marital sex in the movie.
I rest my case. I loved Greece, the first one the second was a disaster but it doesn't nor do those sexually pervocative words belong in a house of worship. what next? sex in the church.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I rest my case. I loved Greece but it doesn't nor those sexual pervocative words belong in a house of worship. what next? sex in the church.
You think there was Sex in Grease? What Grease were you watching.

Anyways.. getting OT.

Do you think your link to Granger Community Church represents what goes on in the majority of churches in the United States (or elsewhere for that matter)?

Old 10-27-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
You think there was Sex in Grease? What Grease were you watching.

Anyways.. getting OT.

Do you think your link to Granger Community Church represents what goes on in the majority of churches in the United States (or elsewhere for that matter)?
What does down in the sand mean? and "she was good, you know what I mean"?

In many liberal Churches and seeker sensitive churches. YES! I have heard ministers who say, the bible is not relevant for today. I have seen a pastor preach on Dr. Seuss.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
What does down in the sand mean? and "she was good, you know what I mean"?
good listener? good cook? good at doing the books? good at lots of things?

Quote:
In many liberal Churches and seeker sensitive churches. YES! I have heard ministers who say, the bible is not relevant for today. I have seen a pastor preach on Dr. Seuss.
No. You said that the example you posted was the Church of Today. You didn't disclaim your point at all.

So, is it your assertion that what you posted represents at the very least 51% of the churches in America? If not then why do you intentionally post such nonsense? Are you trolling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity