U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-30-2008, 09:43 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Reputation: 4461

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Why do you think the newer religion that steals from these pagan religions is the right one? Doesn't it seem more likely that the original religions are true?
First the natural, then the spiritual - that's the law of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-30-2008, 12:21 PM
 
4,047 posts, read 4,374,547 times
Reputation: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Ah, but notice that these cave paintings are of man's imagination (head of a lion, body of a horse) and all of what is earthly based? Men are inclined to worship only what they have seen, but this is the epitome of idolatry; our Creator is totally other than anything else.

It's a message that everyone needs to hear - that He is not like you, your father, your preacher...
Um... God and man's image being the same, Jesus being a man, especially the image of Jesus everyone is so familiar with probably isn't even accurate. It's more likely that God was created in man's image, because of this same concept you talked about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
 
2,255 posts, read 4,795,438 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Um... God and man's image being the same, Jesus being a man, especially the image of Jesus everyone is so familiar with probably isn't even accurate. It's more likely that God was created in man's image, because of this same concept you talked about.
Well I will agree with some of your observations here. No brilliant Artist back in Jesus day did his portrait. That is merely an latter artist conception of who he thinks the Jesus of the Bible looked like. Sadly he is either shown to be a sickly skeleton on a cross or a Jesus Christ Superstar out of a 1960s WoodStock Rock Festival. It would have been more accurate to pattern a truer image of the manly strong individual described in the Gospel accounts, nothing of which is reflective of what is seen in those paintings, statues (Idols), or Hollywood movies many hold so dear.

On the latter point you make, much of what modern day Christendom promotes as God is in actual fact the creation of power hungry Religious Clergyman of centuries past. Mostly likely this same canvas has also been touched up a bit since the 3rd & 4th centuries to meet with the political and social changes throughout history until our very day.

What is also sad is that it took an outsider to observe these things.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2008, 02:57 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
It's more likely that God was created in man's image, because of this same concept you talked about.
You're a genius - you've just described idolatry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2008, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Southern California
25,346 posts, read 24,141,953 times
Reputation: 23732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
your attempts to cajole and explain away evil are not convincing. you demand respect for all pagan practices bek you say you dont know anyone that practices voodoo. but your denial does not exclude black magic from the pagan body of religions. i see no obligation to respect evil. anymore than an obligation to respect "good gangbangers".
No I don't "demand" respect for all pagan religions. I don't even know what all the pagan religions are. Do you? You're right--I don't know anyone who practices voodoo. I don't know anyone who practices black magic, either.

Thank you for equating non-voodoo-practicing pagans as "good gang bangers" based on probably a few, comparatively, pagans who practice voodoo vs. the HUGE, VAST majority of pagans who DO NOT. By your logic, may I now call non-child-molesting priests as good gang bangers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2008, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Southern California
25,346 posts, read 24,141,953 times
Reputation: 23732
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
First the natural, then the spiritual - that's the law of God.
Is that so? Where did you learn that? Just curious.

It would seem odd that this would be God's law since the Biblical God did it exactly the opposite way--first there was the spiritual (himself, and the angels); then he created the "natural".

What about those who are natural and spiritual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2008, 12:38 PM
 
10 posts, read 14,668 times
Reputation: 14
Back on topic yes, Christian is derived from pagan origins. Yes Catholics do choose to hold Mary too high. Yes she was a virgin and had the messiah, correct, but that is it. Does say to worship etc...Now on Christianity if you look for the truth you will that Christian was derived back in Constantine time when he broke from the Catholic Church adn formed up his own thing therefor merging pagan practices and christianity. You say it doesnt matter who you pray too in english his name is Jesus, but it does matter. We transliterate his name from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English and that is ok with you. Why? Facts, the messsiah was born a Jew there he speaks Hebrew. Why not go back to roots. After being mislead over and over again why stay in Christianity. Name of Elohim (God) taken out 7,000 doesnt ring a bell to you guys. Every name in any culture could be different and translated or it could be the same. Osama Bin Laden is Osama in Pakistan, England, US etc...why does have to been changed when you can pronounce it Yahushua or the creators name Yahweh!!! Its simple. Some will understand some wont, ultimately he has to reveal it to you! Some will get mad others wont but i pray he leads you too the truth! Acts 4:12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."" -I hope you find it because its serious bro. You pray to God but you could be praying to any God. God = Title and not a name!!! Every God and Lord has a title: 1 Corinthinas 8:5 "For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords")," the game is simple, holidays you observe etc...he made this simple but satan made it hard: "my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children." Yall be blessed, ask and it shall be given. Seek and you shall find the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2008, 01:39 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwarrior View Post
Back on topic yes, Christian is derived from pagan origins. Yes Catholics do choose to hold Mary too high. Yes she was a virgin and had the messiah, correct, but that is it. Does say to worship etc...Now on Christianity if you look for the truth you will that Christian was derived back in Constantine time when he broke from the Catholic Church adn formed up his own thing therefor merging pagan practices and christianity. You say it doesnt matter who you pray too in english his name is Jesus, but it does matter. We transliterate his name from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English and that is ok with you. Why? Facts, the messsiah was born a Jew there he speaks Hebrew. Why not go back to roots. After being mislead over and over again why stay in Christianity. Name of Elohim (God) taken out 7,000 doesnt ring a bell to you guys. Every name in any culture could be different and translated or it could be the same. Osama Bin Laden is Osama in Pakistan, England, US etc...why does have to been changed when you can pronounce it Yahushua or the creators name Yahweh!!! Its simple. Some will understand some wont, ultimately he has to reveal it to you! Some will get mad others wont but i pray he leads you too the truth! Acts 4:12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."" -I hope you find it because its serious bro. You pray to God but you could be praying to any God. God = Title and not a name!!! Every God and Lord has a title: 1 Corinthinas 8:5 "For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords")," the game is simple, holidays you observe etc...he made this simple but satan made it hard: "my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children." Yall be blessed, ask and it shall be given. Seek and you shall find the truth.
I agree with a lot of the subject you're raising, but a personal relationship with our Creator and Savior isn't based on legal descriptions or proper salutations - once our spirit is united with Him. Our kids don't concern themselves with the legal aspects and descriptions of our relationships when we're holding them in our lap.

The relationship is spiritual, and it goes way beyond anything naturally defined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2008, 01:41 PM
 
37,479 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I agree with a lot of the subject you're raising, but a personal relationship with our Creator and Savior isn't based on legal descriptions or proper salutations - once our spirit is united with Him. Our kids don't concern themselves with the legal aspects and descriptions of our relationships when we're holding them in our lap.

The relationship is spiritual, and it goes way beyond anything naturally defined.
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Palmer
2,518 posts, read 5,871,932 times
Reputation: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwarrior View Post
Back on topic yes, Christian is derived from pagan origins. Yes Catholics do choose to hold Mary too high. Yes she was a virgin and had the messiah, correct, but that is it. Does say to worship etc...Now on Christianity if you look for the truth you will that Christian was derived back in Constantine time when he broke from the Catholic Church adn formed up his own thing therefor merging pagan practices and christianity. You say it doesnt matter who you pray too in english his name is Jesus, but it does matter. We transliterate his name from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English and that is ok with you. Why? Facts, the messsiah was born a Jew there he speaks Hebrew. Why not go back to roots. After being mislead over and over again why stay in Christianity. Name of Elohim (God) taken out 7,000 doesnt ring a bell to you guys. Every name in any culture could be different and translated or it could be the same. Osama Bin Laden is Osama in Pakistan, England, US etc...why does have to been changed when you can pronounce it Yahushua or the creators name Yahweh!!! Its simple. Some will understand some wont, ultimately he has to reveal it to you! Some will get mad others wont but i pray he leads you too the truth! Acts 4:12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."" -I hope you find it because its serious bro. You pray to God but you could be praying to any God. God = Title and not a name!!! Every God and Lord has a title: 1 Corinthinas 8:5 "For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords")," the game is simple, holidays you observe etc...he made this simple but satan made it hard: "my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children." Yall be blessed, ask and it shall be given. Seek and you shall find the truth.
I agree with some of this but have questions on others.

1. Did Constantine break with the Roman Catholic Church? That was mighty early. 321 AD if I remember right.
2. Didn't Jesus speak Aramaic, not Hebrew?
3. You seem to advocate leaving christianity...for what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top