U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:36 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,359,708 times

Advertisements

A House that is divided against itself cannot stand
A very popular prayer is the Lord's prayer
Our Father Who art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy name thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven;
Do you agree that a kingdom that fight against itself will be eventually ruined
any two persons or even animals for that matter that are battling against one another defeats their own purpose;
It is dangerous to call evil good and good evil....
And it's not too late to repent
Example-Matthew 12:22
25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
Matt 12:25 (KJV)
JESUS HEALS A DEMONIAC. (Matthew12:22-30)
A soul under Satan's power, and led captive by him, is blind in the things of God, and dumb at the throne of grace; sees nothing, and says nothing to the purpose. Satan blinds the eyes by unbelief, and seals up the lips from prayer. The more people magnified Christ, the more desirous the Pharisees were to vilify him. It was evident that if Satan aided Jesus in casting out devils, the kingdom of hell was divided against itself; how then could it stand! And if they said that Jesus cast out devils by the prince of the devils, they could not prove that their children cast them out by any other power. There are two great interests in the world; and when unclean spirits are cast out by the Holy Spirit, in the conversion of sinners to a life of faith and obedience, the kingdom of God is come unto us. All who do not aid or rejoice in such a change are against Christ.
—Matthew Henry Concise

My point is
I read a thread earlier
All of the bickering the poster (can't remember whom) noticed recently
And any of us can get caught up in the flesh, and end up in this state-( results in a of lack of self control)
especially when we haven't spent a great deal of time personally in constant
fellowship with God, whether it may be prayer or praise,
This is a sin, God is not the author of confusion;
Since we acknowledge that we know who is,
we should act accordingly;
It's not that big of a deal to be the one that's right
It's important that some restless, hurting and feeling hopeless soul, that happen to click on this forum see the
Christ that we claim to serve, with our whole heart..
Their very existence depend on this and this alone
What do you think ?
What will be most important at the end of the day?
Being right or being light?
God Bless You All

Your sister in Christ Jesus Our Lord and Saviour

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 10-27-2008 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: changes phrase
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 08:45 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,451,131 times
Oh yes, it will fall if they don't line up with each other. I agree.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:37 PM

3,576 posts, read 452,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The "house" needs to line up to the head not each other - if the blind lead the blind both will fall in the ditch - there is only ONE teacher.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,451,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
The "house" needs to line up to the head not each other - if the blind lead the blind both will fall in the ditch - there is only ONE teacher.
And if the "head" is blind....................will it not fall? That's why I'm single today. But as for me and my house...........we will serve the Lord!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:18 PM

Betsey,

The head is God, he has sent his Spirit to guide, any other teacher will not do. We are to line up with God.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:25 PM

Ahem........
This is what the post is all about
It may just be a thing of perception
I didn't read Betsey Lane's post to read anything more than referencing the OP;
IOW I understood her to agree that we must have unity , as those belonging to Christ, on one accord...
because a divided house truly cannot stand....
If I perceived this to be the case;
Christ being the head is a given... in our case
Quote: yhwhshalomjr(original post)
My point is
I read a thread earlier
All of the bickering the poster (can't remember whom) noticed recently
And any of us can get caught up in the flesh, and end up in this state-( results in a of lack of self control)
especially when we haven't spent a great deal of time personally in constant
fellowship with God, whether it may be prayer or praise,
This is a sin, God is not the author of confusion;
Since we acknowledge that we know who is, we should act accordingly;
It's not that big of a deal to be the one that's right
It's important that some restless, hurting and feeling hopeless soul, that happen to click on this forum see the
Christ that we claim to serve, with our whole heart..
Their very existence depend on this and this alone
What do you think ?
What will be most important at the end of the day?
Being right or being light?
God Bless You All
Your sister in Christ Jesus Our Lord and Saviour

"I'm Inserting her reply to my post"
Quote:Betsey Lane

Old Today, 08:45 PM
Betsey Lane
Betsey Lane is friend of JANA MANIA. friend of JANA MANIA - befriend
Status: "Today, the healing begins........" (set 14 hours ago)

383 posts, read 65,468 times

[+] Rate this post positively

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 10-27-2008 at 10:38 PM..

Old 10-27-2008, 10:56 PM

When I look at christianity in general I see a lot of division and the different factions really believe in their different points of view. It is fine saying repent then you will have the truth - however we have been warned that many will be lead astray and that those that do not have a love of the truth will receive delusion to believe the lie.

Those that have the delusion really really believe they have the truth.

A lot of people are running around trying to convert everyone to christianity because otherwise they are going to burn in hell

So God is not the author of confusion except that the people who say they represent him are corporately in a very confused state with each other.

From what I can see the "house" of "christianity" is divided against itself.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 10-27-2008 at 11:23 PM..

Old 10-27-2008, 11:25 PM

[b][quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
When I look at christianity in general I see a lot of division and the different factions really believe in their different points of view. It is fine saying repent then you will have the truth - however we have been warned that many will be lead astray and that those that do not have a love of the truth will receive delusion to believe the lie.

Those that have the delusion really really believe they have the truth.

A lot of people are running around trying to convert everyone to christianity because otherwise they are going to burn in hell

So God is not the author of confusion except that the people who say they represent him are in a very confused state.

From what I can see the house of "christianity" is divided against itself.
Well you seemed to be convinced that the above is the case
And you are entitled to your belief, as having a "free will"
Then what is your goal right now?
what could you possibly have to gain by viewing threads that you are so strongly opposed to?
If we are all the things that you've listed in your sight;
In Our prayers
Thanks for your reply
God Bless you

Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 AM

396 posts, read 730,562 times
I believe I was the one who posted about the intense bickering here lately.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:16 AM

Is christianity divided? you have made the statement that a divided house can not stand.

It does concern me that there is division in christianity and it does concern me that there is division on this forum. Seeking truth and standing for what you believe is true can put you at odds with those who do not believe what you do, are we instructed to go against the truth to side with untruth for the sake of peace? I am seeking the truth and all I want is to know the truth. I like a lot of the people on the CD forum I stay here because I like it and have learnt a lot from people here and it has sparked thoughts that I have followed up with further reading and seeking.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 10-28-2008 at 12:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity