U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 07:01 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,449,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

Where do they go for winter?

In to beautiful mosaic images of art:

http://www.maanz.org/images/webimages/3030_2007/Pyari--PRAYING-MANTIS2.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 07:06 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,468,523 times
"They are so cool. Where do they go for winter??"

I would think a google search would answer that.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:07 PM

4,541 posts, read 12,767,807 times
Wow, June.

I've been wanting to DO some Mosaics. In fact, I've just purchased some tools and a couple of books.... and some of the stuff you need to do it.

just one of those interesting coincidences...

Old 10-31-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:

Wow, June.

Just one of those interesting coincidences?

No. An interesting coincidence would be "getting" the geese...

(Keep trying...)

Old 10-31-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
"They are so cool. Where do they go for winter??"

I would think a google search would answer that.
uh oh...

I just read that praying mantis' sometimes attack hummingbirds. That is not cool!....

Insecta Inspecta World - Praying Mantis (http://www.insecta-inspecta.com/mantids/praying/index.html - broken link)

I had no idea... interesting.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:14 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,042,759 times
Quote:
Then you might understand that yesterday and today God blessed me with a new friend -- a Praying Mantis.

Mantis's are actually people friendly when they're young. I had one once that would wait for me to go outside in the garden and fly up on my arm.

I've had one here since yesterday that's been hangin' out. God knows how much I love them. I feel that I've been blessed!

You probably think I'm weird.

Where do they go for winter??
The praying mantis is one of the cutest little creature God created..... you don't see them like you use too. Which I believe is because of all the pesticides and so forth.

But I remember when I was a kid, there was an abundance of them all the time and loved playing with them.

Where do they go for winter?? Google it World Citizen.... !!!

The Lord has always spoke to me through His creation.... I had a couple of doves which also pair for life, that hung out around my home in California! It never fell when I was out in the garden doing my gardening thing they would show up!!!

I had deer constantly come into the yard and could almost walk right up to them! Wild turkeys constantly coming by to say howdy! I have a picture of a doe eating apples outside my dining room and she just stood there and let me take the picture....

A covey of quail that have hang out in one of the apple trees in my yard. And still are there.
A fox who would come running through the yard all the time and he or she would stop and look at me for the longest time then move on to its mission.

I have had tons of birds fly into my dining room when I had the sliding door open and drive my dachshundies crazy..... you would think I lived way out in the boonies, but just about a 1/8 of a mile from my house is a shopping center with safeway, star bucks, k-mart, wal-mart the freeway!!

God has and was alway blessing my day with some creature coming by in the day!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:18 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,042,759 times
Quote:
uh oh...

I just read that praying mantis' sometimes attack hummingbirds. That is not cool!....

Insecta Inspecta World - Praying Mantis (http://www.insecta-inspecta.com/mantids/praying/index.html - broken link)
Really.... have to read!! Do to the quick movement of the hummingbird, how could a praying mantis, oh, they fly also.... No, that's not cool!!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Really.... have to read!! Do to the quick movement of the hummingbird, how could a praying mantis, oh, they fly also.... No, that's not cool!!
I saw the biggest praying mantis this summer I've ever seen. It was probably 5-6" long.
I actually saved it's life. A cat was after it.

I can see that when they get that large they could do some damage... They eat TREE FROGS???

I thought they ate BUGS!

That's o.k. I still love my little friend.

Last edited by World Citizen; 10-31-2008 at 07:34 PM..

Old 10-31-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:

Where do they go for winter?

Boston.

June would invite them to her place to hang out for the winter, but it's that "praying" part of the "Mantis equation" that has her a tad...well...you know!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:

They eat TREE FROGS???

I thought they ate BUGS!

Oh, that ^ definately does it, even more than the "praying" part!

With June's luck, they'd probably eat heathens too, if she invited them in!

Quote:

I can see that when they get that large they could do some damage

...June's point, exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity