Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times

Advertisements

This is so encouraging to read!! A great lesson for all Christians if we would listen to the nature of the Geese, that God created and directs every day of its life, how we could be for each other, joined together as like the Geese in our daily walk of fellowshipping with one another in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.....

Here is the first paragraph of this lesson:

As each bird flaps its wings it creates an "uplift" for the bird following. By flying in a V formation, the whole flock adds 71% flying range than if each bird flew alone.

Lesson: People who have share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going quicker and easier because they are traveling on the thrust of one another........

Read on there is much more...

Lessons from Geese

ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 10:26 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Jesus loved to teach from nature.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:25 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
Thank you for sharing. It is so neat because I will think of that instead of mounds of poop when I see the geese flying now

Old 10-28-2008, 12:25 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Yes I know, the finatic is talking. How is this a lesson or helps my walk with the Lord and Imo it borders on universalism.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:48 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yes I know, the finatic is talking. How is this a lesson or helps my walk with the Lord and Imo it borders on universalism.
If you can see the truths of the creator evident in the nature around us, it makes your life that much richer. He who created you created the geese . Jesus taught us much from nature, as it was said. We can find his truths all around us.

I have a similar [not as good but it always felt real good to me] to look at a pair of trees right next to each other in a meadow as a great symbol for marriage. From a distance it looks like one tree, but while they are each two separate and complete trees they have formed one canopy and are two while still being one. Check it out, its pretty neat.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:41 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I think a finatic is someone cray about aquariums, but I might be wrong.

Also, you try and read too much into the posts here man.

The analogy is for those that are Christians....not otherwise.

Do you disagree that 'universally' all true Christians will be saved?

Old 10-28-2008, 02:25 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I think a finatic is someone cray about aquariums, but I might be wrong.

Also, you try and read too much into the posts here man.

The analogy is for those that are Christians....not otherwise.

Do you disagree that 'universally' all true Christians will be saved?
Thanks I think. I have read these things before and they kind of fall on the shallow side, just no depth at all. I believe Christians debating is absolutely healthy as long as we stay civil in fact I will go as far to think God intended this. Paul's argument with Peter or Paul's blowup with Barnabus forcing them to part company. I just in good conscience can't follow a Christian who has doctrinal difference from me because from my standpoint it hurts the gospel. The stakes are too high, people are going to hell because of false teaching.

Yes I believe 'universally' true Christians will go to heaven

Old 10-28-2008, 03:38 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
As each bird flaps its wings it creates an "uplift" for the bird following. By flying in a V formation, the whole flock adds 71% flying range than if each bird flew alone.

Lesson: People who have share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going quicker and easier because they are traveling on the thrust of one another........

Read on there is much more...

Lessons from Geese

ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT!!!
There's also the flip side (think stock market): we're "sheeple", we'll follow even when "everybody" is wrong!

Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Default Pondering those geese...

But it also makes me think of the Scripture that JESUS spoke --

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Doves are gentle, peaceful animals. Much like sheep because of their body mass.
Neither are predators or are able to protect themselves from attack.

Both of them need protection -- like sheep need a Shepherd.

Doves, are very smart. They see clearly what is going on around them.
They don't live in denial.
They avoid conflict. They know when to fly away.

Too many are just like serpents...

How many times in the word are we called His flock?
(with geese, I think a flock is called a gaggle)

'You my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are people, and I am your God, declares the Sovereign LORD.'

Ezekiel 34:31

Last edited by World Citizen; 10-28-2008 at 06:06 PM..

Old 10-28-2008, 06:21 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,290 times
I think that was wonderful.
As Christains we need to encourage each other. The world is hard on us and it encourages us to love and be loved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity