Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times

Advertisements

My Spirit is troubled and I need to know: Why are some putting God in a box? Why is it so hard for some to believe Him and His Words? Did He not say that He is the Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End? God Almighty? The Giver of Life? So how dare some, when it's convenient to them, re-arrange God's Holy Words? Making it mean what they want it to mean, when it's convenient for them, Making it sound how they want it to sound, when it's convenient for them, Making it say what they want it to say, when it's convenient for them. Do they think they can contain Him in their little box? In their minds? Why is it that they think, that they, have Him all figured out? Unto unbelief, so much that He does'nt even exist?

Did He not say:

8. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.
9. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
10. "For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there, But water the earth, and make it
bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower,
And bread to the eater,
11. So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent. (Isaiah 53: 8-11)

So I ask you, Are you putting God into your box? He is the Most Holy God worthy of your praise. Why are trying to contain the only One who can save your soul?

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 10-28-2008 at 10:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Right on, Betsey!! Amazingly frustrating, isn't it? I feel what you are feeling and I am right there with you. When I think of God, I always think of Him as Uncontainable. He's HUGE and He is everywhere!!

People do put Him in a box, and I can't understand that. Our Creator is so unbelievably awesome and powerful that our tiny brains can't comprehend His immenseness. And anyone who distorts and twists His HOly Words really chaps my hide!!

Let's hang in there because The Almighty and Powerful God is coming soon!!!!! VERY, VERY SOON!!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Good thread and I agree.

One thing someone helped me with not so long ago was when they helped me keep all this we are faced with in perspective.

They said that wen someone comes against the Word, it's not US they are attacking...but God.

We know God's word will last forever! The Word of God will never fade.

All our responsibility is to speak the truth in love, and let God be God.

As frustrating as this place can be from a theological standpoint, one thing is certain:

God is still on His throne.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:30 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Good thread and I agree.

One thing someone helped me with not so long ago was when they helped me keep all this we are faced with in perspective.

They said that wen someone comes against the Word, it's not US they are attacking...but God.

As frustrating as this place can be from a theological standpoint, one thing is certain:

Absolutely!! Isaiah 55:11 God said His Word always produces fruit and His Word will accomplish all He wants it to. Nothing and no one can destroy Gods plan.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Good thread and I agree.

AMEN..... !! Betsey Lane, DOTL, Alpha and ILNC!!!

Isn't this awesome to know.....
Quote:
Isaiah 55:11 God said His Word always produces fruit and His Word will accomplish all He wants it to. Nothing and no one can destroy Gods plan.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:03 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Why are some putting God in a box?

Do they think they can contain Him in their little box?

If your Holy Spirit is analogous to the wind, how would wind be captured and contained within a box?

June had always thought that the idea was to "get into the box" with God, but she truly would have no idea. --Especially as to how one would actually do that.

Take gentle containing care.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:40 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Deepak Chopra and Eckhart Tolle used the same expression, Deepak said, we have murdered a universal God and made a tribal chief" Eckart said, we are "putting God in a box" who later used the scripture "Before Abraham was, I am" meaning, "We are all Gods" I have heard homosexual clergy use this phrase. I have heard prosperity preachers use this phrase.
Putting God in a Box" has been shown time and time again to be the objection of biblical Christianity.

My questions is, how do you know these people have twisted scripture to fit their own needs or thoughts? how are they wrong and you are right? and then you yourself quote scripture to prove your point.
God is very clear in what he has revealed to us as who he is and what he wants from us in the bible but no one claims to know what is going on inside His head
If a church is faithful in biblical Christianity, then that's, beautiful!, regardless of whether it is "seeker sensitive", "liberal" "fundamentalist", "orthodox" etc... just because a church worships with contemporary Christian music, allows for casual attire, or includes innovative things like drama, speaks in tongues, goes to church on Saturday etc.... it isn't necessarily un-biblical (sorry gotta quote scripture here)

(Roman 14:19)
19 "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification."

Just as long as we keep it biblical.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-29-2008 at 08:02 AM..

Old 10-29-2008, 07:58 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

how do you know these people have twisted scripture to fit their own needs or thoughts?

but no one claims to know what is going on inside His head

RE: Twisting scripture, quoting scripture, interpreting scripture, understanding scripture, (etc., so forth, and so on) June just wanted to add one genuinelly respectful and sincere comment/question:

Given that the two sentences, above, are inter-related, somewhat, along with the fact that in June's humble experience, a good portion/majority of the time we, as human beings, don't even have a true sense as to what is going on in our own heads, how is it that anyone can accurately claim to begin to know what could possibly be going on in Gods?

Take gentle care.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:07 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Deepak Chopra and Eckhart Tolle used the same expression, Deepak said, we have murdered a universal God and made a tribal chief" Eckart said, we are "putting God in a box" who later used the scripture "Before Abraham was, I am" meaning, "We are all Gods" I have heard homosexual clergy use this phrase. I have heard prosperity preachers use this phrase.
Putting God in a Box" has been shown time and time again to be the objection of biblical Christianity.

My questions is, how do you know these people have twisted scripture to fit their own needs or thoughts? how are they wrong and you are right? and then you yourself quote scripture to prove your point.
God is very clear in what he has revealed to us as who he is and what he wants from us in the bible but no one claims to know what is going on inside His head
If a church is faithful in biblical Christianity, then that's, beautiful!, regardless of whether it is "seeker sensitive", "liberal" "fundamentalist", "orthodox" etc... just because a church worships with contemporary Christian music, allows for casual attire, or includes innovative things like drama, , speaking in tongues, goes to church on Saturday etc.... it isn't necessarily un-biblical (sorry gotta quote scripture here)

(Roman 14:19)
19 "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification."

Just as long as we keep it biblical, no problems
What is that saying, "The pot calling the kettle black"!! That's it!!

Amen, to....
Quote:

Old 10-29-2008, 08:08 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
RE: Twisting scripture, quoting scripture, interpreting scripture, understanding scripture, (etc., so forth, and so on) June just wanted to add one genuinelly respectful and sincere comment/question:

Given that the two sentences, above, are inter-related, somewhat, along with the fact that in June's humble experience, a good portion/majority of the time we, as human beings, don't even have a true sense as to what is going on in our own heads, how is it that anyone can accurately claim to begin to know what could possibly be going on in Gods?

Take gentle care.
I understand that and I am not attacking her, just want to make sure we are on the right page.She made the accusation and yet used scripture to support her reasoning. Do you not see the irony?

We don't know what goes on in His head and I have yet to hear anyone, any where make such an assertion. That is why theology is highly important.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-29-2008 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity