U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 04:58 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,903,045 times

Advertisements

So I guess fulfilled prophecy makes no impact on our current situation as compared to any other time? I think Israel becoming a nation again makes a big difference between now and any other time since Christ was crucified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 08:13 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,374,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
So I guess fulfilled prophecy makes no impact on our current situation as compared to any other time? I think Israel becoming a nation again makes a big difference between now and any other time since Christ was crucified.
I sure hate to sound anti-semetic, but no it doesn't. The land was given to them in a declaration, which left thousands upon thousands of Christians and Muslims homeless who had been living in the land for the last 1800+ years. Homes, churches, and businesses were taken, and given to the Jews who had migrated there.

I am not against them trying to do what is right by them, but at the expense of the others, it was so wrong on so many counts, it is unfathomable. And then to call this "prophecy fulfilled"?

When Christ is, in fact, Israel, as are we, and this is the Israel that will become a nation literally again, under the Kingship of Jesus one day.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:47 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,454,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I sure hate to sound anti-semetic, but no it doesn't. The land was given to them in a declaration, which left thousands upon thousands of Christians and Muslims homeless who had been living in the land for the last 1800+ years. Homes, churches, and businesses were taken, and given to the Jews who had migrated there.

I am not against them trying to do what is right by them, but at the expense of the others, it was so wrong on so many counts, it is unfathomable. And then to call this "prophecy fulfilled"?

When Christ is, in fact, Israel, as are we, and this is the Israel that will become a nation literally again, under the Kingship of Jesus one day.
I'm confused by your logic HotinAZ. You believe some of it, but not all of it?

Old 12-10-2008, 10:07 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,238,378 times
Thank you!!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:13 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,238,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
You misunderstand. It is a wake up call not a call to fear.
While such a time may become unpleasant for believers, we don't fear those who can only kill the body.
+1REP4u...great post Richio! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:37 PM

"The writing is on the wall." For those who are depending on their own 'logic' to understand it, and not what the bible has to say about it, well.......................remember the saying: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink? Even the horse when he gets thirsty enough, will bow his 'head' and take a sip.

Not thirsty enough? Pray that when you do, become thirsty; that is, the 'water' is still available. Have not dried up.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I'm confused by your logic HotinAZ. You believe some of it, but not all of it?
I believe that the nation under Jesus as King is a literal event that will happen eventually, yes. Is the land called Israel today the prophetic fulfillment of a piece of this,,no,,I don't believe so. Man gave that land to "this" Israel, not God. Powerful men, no less.

Quote:

Old 12-11-2008, 08:56 AM

852 posts, read 1,174,008 times
Many read the bible...how do you not see prophecy being fullfilled? Whether it happens now, next year...10 years from now...after our lifetime...He will come.

I have said this before...I will say it again...
I have dreams...dreams that come true...they have changed as of lately.---after 20 years of having them they have changed! Is it just coincidental? I don't believe. I am not asking for debate on these dreams...I am just doing what I believe God has told me to do...no one can shake my faith; however, I pray many others will take notice when so many things are changing.

We now have the technology, everything to make the prophecies come true...just open your eyes and look around you. Seriously. Seriously read revelations and the other chapters that refer to end times. (Actually, seriously read the whole thing!) We are to be watching.

My eyes are wide open right now.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:03 AM

In the name of "Domestic Security" the U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to nuclear terrorist attacks or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials. The link to read this is: washingtonpost.com (I'm not good at posting links, sorry)

Betsey ask: "Domestic security"? Is'nt that what the National Guard is for? Or is it fascism? How exactly are they deploying these troops? Is it under the President's power? How many steps does it take before it then becomes martial law? Something is coming alright!

1. The Federal government does not deploy troops for domestic security.
2. The Governor does it with the National Guard.
3. They in turn answer to the States.

Get your heads out of the sand, turn off your cell phones for a minute and pay great attention to what's going "down" right before Y-O-U-R- very eyes. Remember, He comes as a thief in the night to those who are not watchful!
You should be at your "post" keeping watch right now! More so than ever!

PS: Oh, by the way, that good old Constitution is just about as good as gone. Article I. Bill of Rights. Section 17. No standing army shall be kept ................................................

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 12-11-2008 at 09:15 AM..

Old 12-11-2008, 11:42 AM

While I do appreciate the news,,and btw,,I also watch it as well,,it isn't going to change anything until this country has lost everything. They must come out of her and,,lose their cars,,jobs,,houses,,and food. Once the level of comfort has been shaken, then we shall see people clawing for the truth,,and the Truth. Then people who have been watching can tell the stories about lost liberties, why wars are fought, and why our leaders have abandoned us. A lot of people will return to their vomit like dogs, and become beasts who roam and pillage, taking without mercy. In a country of "lost" morals, we can see how easily this will transpire, like a horror version of Mad Max.

Ghandi changed a country by just saying NO, without aggressive violence, and over 300 million people fasted and prayed in one day. It brought down the might of the British empire, and they left.

If Jesus were standing here today, I believe this is exactly how He would approach this, as it is how He approached it 2000 years ago. Why should we fear those who kill this vessel? We should not At ALL. Rather we should fear Him who can destroy the soul.

The desire to be free, is as basic of instinct as there is.. almost as much as independence. We are free under Jesus, and by living UNDER this free authority, by willful submission as a bond-servant, to our King, He has freed us completely. Not just our souls, but our bodies as well. It is us who refuse to accept the gift, and live like it. Not just to pretend to live like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity