U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-12-2008, 04:06 PM
 
12,541 posts, read 7,933,713 times
Reputation: 4661
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Many read the bible...how do you not see prophecy being fullfilled? Whether it happens now, next year...10 years from now...after our lifetime...He will come.

I have said this before...I will say it again...
I have dreams...dreams that come true...they have changed as of lately.---after 20 years of having them they have changed! Is it just coincidental? I don't believe. I am not asking for debate on these dreams...I am just doing what I believe God has told me to do...no one can shake my faith; however, I pray many others will take notice when so many things are changing.

We now have the technology, everything to make the prophecies come true...just open your eyes and look around you. Seriously. Seriously read revelations and the other chapters that refer to end times. (Actually, seriously read the whole thing!) We are to be watching.

My eyes are wide open right now.
Hi sherryturner,

The technology today cannot make this come true.

Revelation 1
3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

I would like to know which prophesy today has been fulfilled. God was very clear he would gather Jews to the land when they repented and then bless them. He said when they sinned, He would drive them from the land and then curse them. The so called prophesy of Israel today has God gathering an apostate Israel and then punishing them. That is found absolutely nowhere in the Bible. However as I pointed out from line 3 that ride ends up in the ditch.

Deuteronomy 28-30

Good Israel= gather and bless
Bad Israel = disperse and punish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-12-2008, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Central US
852 posts, read 799,588 times
Reputation: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi sherryturner,

The technology today cannot make this come true.

Revelation 1
3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

I would like to know which prophesy today has been fulfilled. God was very clear he would gather Jews to the land when they repented and then bless them. He said when they sinned, He would drive them from the land and then curse them. The so called prophesy of Israel today has God gathering an apostate Israel and then punishing them. That is found absolutely nowhere in the Bible. However as I pointed out from line 3 that ride ends up in the ditch.

Deuteronomy 28-30

Good Israel= gather and bless
Bad Israel = disperse and punish


Hi,
Didn't mean to offend anyone.
God Bless
Sherry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 05:35 PM
 
12,541 posts, read 7,933,713 times
Reputation: 4661
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Hi,
Didn't mean to offend anyone.
God Bless
Sherry

Hi sherryturner,

I disagree with my best friends. You did not offend me at all. God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Central US
852 posts, read 799,588 times
Reputation: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi sherryturner,

I disagree with my best friends. You did not offend me at all. God Bless


sorry, thought you meant I said something really bad. ...even at church we have different opinions...it's always nice to hear someone else's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 06:37 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 6,069,822 times
Reputation: 58115
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Betsy

You are now typically doing what all argue wrt to the MoB. It is not the RFID chip - you are living in a delusion thinking that it will be some bogeyman nonsense.

In SA we have a dichotomy in that there is a 1st and 3rd world economy. The 3rd world, like the rest of Africa are cash based you hire a servant or casual laborer, you pay cash.

Your futuristic nonsense requires this process to take place within a time span of 3-1/2 years if you are a mid tribber. If you are a pre tribber, this will preempt the supposed forcing of folk to take this "mark" or be beheaded hence the myth of the rapture which gets you out "just in time"

Need I say more? I know my futuristic stuff as I studied it and found it to be false.

And BTW do not call me foolish - that argument does not float with me.

Your whole premise of rapture and futuristic apocalyptic scenario was invented in 1830 and you American evangelicals have taken it to a whole new level of ridiculousness.

First it was the credit card ie VISA

VI = 6, S=6 and A = 6 hence 666

Then it was the barcode or more specifically the ones on the products scanned on the stuff you buy. The first, center and last sets of lines happen to be the same as that that represents the number 6 hence 666.

Now the RFID chip which has

6 digits for your date of birth, 6 digits that represents your physical location (where you live) and 6 digits in case you have a twin which is a unique number. People move so that scenario flew out the window too.

We have retina and thumbprint scanners - on our driver's licences we have 2 dimensional barcodes that hold 1kB of info relating to the type of license and code you are qualified for and whether you wear spectacles or not. The scanned thumbprint is also on the licence.

These "marks" are NOT what you folk infer that appears in Revelation. Revelation is symbolic/allegorical hence if it is taken literally, a literal beast MUST come out the sea and MUST have multiple heads etc.

I have been in Ghana which has had it's independence longer than I have been alive and they only recently got auto tellers (only in Accra) but their currency is such that you cannot carry it in a wallet, you need a moonbag for about US$50 notes. Everyone uses cash and not even the petrol pumps are geared up to take debit cards - you pay cash. Places like Western Union exist for sending money home and this is how the 3rd world operates.

Once you have seen the poverty in these countries, you then realise that the MoB is not even feasible - Ghana is one of the better "poorer" countries, there are many much worse off.

To make the RFID chip of any significance here, you will need a telecoms network(s) that can link to the central "beast" computer and sorry, these countries do not have the infrastructure or funds or roads etc. to make it happen, it will take a foreign investor - is America in a position to make that investment? There is no other country internationally that is interested. The USA rates 188th (2007) on current account debt, Russia is 5th and they are not in this game.

Hence your ET prophets have to invent crap to keep you folk in fear bondage and blame - seeking and labelling the EU as the bogeyman yet their economy is just as screwed up as yours.

The stuff on SA is old news and there are NO plans for any chipping here - mainly for animals as there is much stock theft here - I know, my brother in law is a farmer and uses it to combat stock theft which is picked up at auctions an abattoirs. This was thrown in my face over 12 months ago nothing!

Just north of us Zimbabwe and we all know how it is there?
3rd world countries will be of no importance/consequence and pose no threat to the AntiChrist. Your argument that these places operate on cash is of no importance either, all cash/monetary systems will be done away with. Starving people will willingly accept a "chip" or mark to be able to eat for free!!! But that's only if the AntiChrist even cares. He may just let these countries die out. If it affects his image in the beginning, then you can bet he will provide for these countries, until the 3 1/2 years is over. He will have the answers to ALL of the world's problems, and he will implement the technology to ensure everyone has the mark. Don't worry, he's way of ahead of you.

No one is in fear or bondage except those who don't know Jesus and who don't understand the Bible. If you want to delude yourself into thinking the things that you do, then that is your choice.

But don't be surprised or get upset when people like Betsey or myself continue to warn others of what is coming, because we know the truth and are instructed in the Bible to warn. I hope and pray that you understand before the Rapture, because you will save yourself an extraordinary amount of pain and suffering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,267 posts, read 3,542,916 times
Reputation: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotl View Post
3rd world countries will be of no importance/consequence and pose no threat to the AntiChrist. Your argument that these places operate on cash is of no importance either, all cash/monetary systems will be done away with. Starving people will willingly accept a "chip" or mark to be able to eat for free!!! But that's only if the AntiChrist even cares. He may just let these countries die out. If it affects his image in the beginning, then you can bet he will provide for these countries, until the 3 1/2 years is over. He will have the answers to ALL of the world's problems, and he will implement the technology to ensure everyone has the mark. Don't worry, he's way of ahead of you.

No one is in fear or bondage except those who don't know Jesus and who don't understand the Bible. If you want to delude yourself into thinking the things that you do, then that is your choice.

But don't be surprised or get upset when people like Betsey or myself continue to warn others of what is coming, because we know the truth and are instructed in the Bible to warn. I hope and pray that you understand before the Rapture, because you will save yourself an extraordinary amount of pain and suffering.
Thank you my sisters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 09:12 PM
 
3,552 posts, read 2,851,043 times
Reputation: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotl View Post
I hope and pray that you understand before the Rapture, because you will save yourself an extraordinary amount of pain and suffering.

So if I choose not to believe the "hoopla" that means the "rapture" will pass me by? Interesting that this topic is posted here, and not in the general courtyard for unbelievers to see it. If all this happens the way you see it, then fine. I am cool with that. My faith is strong enough to bear it EITHER way, but I betcha a ton of people will "fall away" when the Christ doesn't appear the way they think He will, and Christians bear the tribulations in the flesh. We will see many cry out in anguish, as we do every day, NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 09:15 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,403 posts, read 3,440,336 times
Reputation: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

I see the theft part you spoke of, but that's not all, not by a long shot. Oh, the little you've seen, you ain't seen nothing yet!!
(
Well thank you for actually citing the article which proves my point. Medical, tool tracking, goods tracking.

This has been around for awhile now. SA is the biggest exporter of goods and services to the rest of Sub-Saharan Africa. This technology has been in use for over 7 years.

People are not being chipped, and if RFID is used in hospitals, it will be on armbands.

Folk that are in home with Alzheimers, family may choose to have this done due to their wonder lust.

RFID tracking is used in stores on clothing to prevent shoplifting.

There is no big conspiracy except in your mind.

The company that is licensed is merely providing the technology, the government would have to do the "chipping" and there is nothing happening. Needless to say, with all the spin of the last 25 years wrt to RFID, how do you think folk are going to be "forced"?

The death penalty is outlawed here, and no we will not be able to suddenly start beheading people if the "refuse"

When all this doom-n-gloom crap started, there was no internet and no country will be able to do it the way the left-behind crap espoused it w/o an international outcry. The UN is the most ineffective organization in the world so they will NOT be the ones to try implement this and no they do not have the funding to make it happen either.

We have had 14+ years of the supposed "antichrist" government as espoused by our then white Christian right and hospitals here are still very much on a paper based medical record system, they do use computers with a full paper trail. We have something called the constitution and no one can be forced to do anything like that. I am sure the USA has similar clauses.

I have lived in SA since 1981 so I think I would know what goes on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,267 posts, read 3,542,916 times
Reputation: 874
I urge you good people to look around you and see what going before it's to late! Time as we know it is winding up at an increasingly alarming rate. Come on, at least pay attention for your own sakes.

(http://www.rapturealert.com/2008/121208bibletrue.asp - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 09:47 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,403 posts, read 3,440,336 times
Reputation: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotl View Post
3rd world countries will be of no importance/consequence and pose no threat to the AntiChrist.
At the lowest ranked nation in the world when it comes to international debt, you are fast on your way to becoming a 3rd world country. At least the "real" 3rd world countries have abundance of resources they can still trade in, problem will be, with what will the USA pay? Dollars? Arms and ammunition?

Other 1st world countries in Europe have functioning Industrial sectors.

Quote:
Your argument that these places operate on cash is of no importance either, all cash/monetary systems will be done away with. Starving people will willingly accept a "chip" or mark to be able to eat for free!!! But that's only if the AntiChrist even cares. He may just let these countries die out. If it affects his image in the beginning, then you can bet he will provide for these countries, until the 3 1/2 years is over. He will have the answers to ALL of the world's problems, and he will implement the technology to ensure everyone has the mark. Don't worry, he's way of ahead of you.
Rev 13:7 And it was given to it to war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given to it over every tribe and tongue and nation.

Rev 13:16 And it causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark on their right hand, or in their foreheads,
Rev 13:17 even that not any might buy or sell except those having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of its name.

It never ceases to amaze me how you folk simply dismiss >70% of the world's population as if they do not matter - huh?

Africa pop - 750M India Pop 1.3Bn China - 1.7Bn



USA 301M



Let alone the great Muslim populations of the middle east - Russia, South America?

But I digress, I forgot you are a "planet USA" and not really part of the world so when statistics are presented that refute the rubbish you espouse, you simply ignore it because you are soooo locked up in the fear espoused by your government and perpetrated in part by your churches.

Which organization has the manpower and or funds to do this? W.H.O., UNICEF Who? The USA military? You cannot even afford the two wars you are in and not to mention you as a nation are broke. Don't believe me, your own CIA says so. You rank absolutely last on the list with $-731,200,000,000 as of 2007 (it is far higher after the latest debacle)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2187rank.html

Quote:
No one is in fear or bondage except those who don't know Jesus and who don't understand the Bible. If you want to delude yourself into thinking the things that you do, then that is your choice.

But don't be surprised or get upset when people like Betsey or myself continue to warn others of what is coming, because we know the truth and are instructed in the Bible to warn. I hope and pray that you understand before the Rapture, because you will save yourself an extraordinary amount of pain and suffering.
Well do not get upset when I as a believer of 20 years refute the rubbish you espouse and do not think I do not know the bible - you are being rather fecitious and arrogant
If you want to delude yourself into thinking the things that you do, then that is your choice.
(ETA:To Mods, this should be moved to R&P)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top