U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,460,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
At the lowest ranked nation in the world when it comes to international debt, you are fast on your way to becoming a 3rd world country. At least the "real" 3rd world countries have abundance of resources they can still trade in, problem will be, with what will the USA pay? Dollars? Arms and ammunition?

Other 1st world countries in Europe have functioning Industrial sectors.

Rev 13:7 And it was given to it to war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given to it over every tribe and tongue and nation.

Rev 13:16 And it causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark on their right hand, or in their foreheads,
Rev 13:17 even that not any might buy or sell except those having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of its name.

It never ceases to amaze me how you folk simply dismiss >70% of the world's population as if they do not matter - huh?

Africa pop - 750M India Pop 1.3Bn China - 1.7Bn

USA 301M

Let alone the great Muslim populations of the middle east - Russia, South America?

But I digress, I forgot you are a "planet USA" and not really part of the world so when statistics are presented that refute the rubbish you espouse, you simply ignore it because you are soooo locked up in the fear espoused by your government and perpetrated in part by your churches.

Which organization has the manpower and or funds to do this? W.H.O., UNICEF Who? The USA military? You cannot even afford the two wars you are in and not to mention you as a nation are broke. Don't believe me, your own CIA says so. You rank absolutely last on the list with $-731,200,000,000 as of 2007 (it is far higher after the latest debacle)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2187rank.html

Well do not get upset when I as a believer of 20 years refute the rubbish you espouse and do not think I do not know the bible - you are being rather fecitious and arrogant
If you want to delude yourself into thinking the things that you do, then that is your choice.
(ETA:To Mods, this should be moved to R&P)

Okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 11:50 AM

{Well do not get upset when I as a believer of 20 years refute the rubbish you espouse and do not think I do not know the bible- you are being rather fecitious and arrogant" End quote}

All this from a believer of 20 years? WOW!! What a prime example of 20 years of God's love and grace! And I'm being rather fecitious and arrogant......................?

Why are your feathers "ruffled" so? Because for 20 years you believed yourself to be the "voice" of reason for the whole of Africa, and someone pointed out truth to you and suddenly I've become fecitious and arrogant?

Well I'm happy to tell you, that's what truth does!! Make us see ourselves and hopefully make the appropriate changes necessary to live this earthly life in honor of the King, thereby, reigning with Him in Glory.

Here is an easy exercise that you can do in the comfort of your own home, Step 1. Go into the bathroom Step 2. point your finger at the mirror Step 3. repeat the very same words that slid off your tongue with such an ease: Arrogant and fecitious. Step 4. Make a record of who's pointing back at you. Step 5. Repent.

PS: By the way, it's f-a-c-e-t-i-o-u-s

Old 12-13-2008, 12:41 PM

852 posts, read 1,174,976 times
Default stepping up the plate

Thank you DOTL and Betsy for stepping up to the plate when I was tired...
There are some days when no matter how you try the words just won't come! I went to work at 4:30 a.m. yesterday morning and was just exhausted by last night.
God Bless
Sherry

Last edited by *sherry*; 12-13-2008 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: adding to

Old 12-13-2008, 12:45 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,764,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
So if I choose not to believe the "hoopla" that means the "rapture" will pass me by? Interesting that this topic is posted here, and not in the general courtyard for unbelievers to see it. If all this happens the way you see it, then fine. I am cool with that. My faith is strong enough to bear it EITHER way, but I betcha a ton of people will "fall away" when the Christ doesn't appear the way they think He will, and Christians bear the tribulations in the flesh. We will see many cry out in anguish, as we do every day, NOW.
Whether you believe the Rapture to be pre-trib, mid-trib or post-trib will not affect if you go when it happens if you are a Christian. You may be VERY surprised when your feet leave the ground, but what a nice surprise, right? I can only speak for myself about "falling away" if it doesn't happen pre-trib....oh, well. Guess I'll have to be beheaded like everyone else who keeps the FAITH.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:09 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
At the lowest ranked nation in the world when it comes to international debt, you are fast on your way to becoming a 3rd world country. At least the "real" 3rd world countries have abundance of resources they can still trade in, problem will be, with what will the USA pay? Dollars? Arms and ammunition?
How did this response address what I said? There's no doubt in my mind that the US will become a 3rd world country, and it will have no consequence either. Your point?

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me how you folk simply dismiss >70% of the world's population as if they do not matter - huh?
No one is dismissing anyone. Huh? is right. When the AntiChrist is discussed, the discussion involves the ENTIRE world....you know....ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT???

Quote:
But I digress, I forgot you are a "planet USA" and not really part of the world so when statistics are presented that refute the rubbish you espouse, you simply ignore it because you are soooo locked up in the fear espoused by your government and perpetrated in part by your churches.
Which organization has the manpower and or funds to do this? W.H.O., UNICEF Who? The USA military? You cannot even afford the two wars you are in and not to mention you as a nation are broke. Don't believe me, your own CIA says so. You rank absolutely last on the list with $-731,200,000,000 as of 2007 (it is far higher after the latest debacle)
Again, point? I've noticed in ALL of your posts that you have immense hatred for the US and what seems like a little jealousy. Once again, you have turned your responses into a US bashing tirade. Here's what you are not understanding......the AntiChrist will be the WORLD'S leader. He will have power to do anything, even return from death!!!! Come on, if you know the Bible like you say you do then surely you have read about the AntiChrist. What statistics are you talking about? Focus, man, focus.

Quote:
Well do not get upset when I as a believer of 20 years refute the rubbish you espouse and do not think I do not know the bible - you are being rather fecitious and arrogant
Please try to focus on the topic at hand. Name calling always works SO well in a discussion.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Thank you DOTL and Betsy for stepping up to the plate when I was tired...
There are some days when no matter how you try the words just won't come! I went to work at 4:30 a.m. yesterday morning and was just exhausted by last night.
God Bless
Sherry
Get some rest, girl!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotl View Post
Get some rest, girl!!!
Yeah, there's some still at their post! Watching and praying earnestly, while waiting on our Blessed Hope!!

Remember.............He only comes as a thief to those who are not watchful!!

Heads up!! Front and Center!! Good looking out Saints!

Old 12-13-2008, 01:46 PM

71 posts, read 97,075 times
Unfortunately the USA is in trouble and as for effecting the world... The largest CONSUMER group stops consuming. All producer groups get hurt. This Is a world wide phenomena. The USA has had the privalige of freedom squandered at a cost. The cost in general has been the unempathetic ignorance grown by an isolation from the World.

We should apologize for the extent that we have ignored what is rightious and good and have not lead from the blessings of privalage that we have inherited. It seems that this nation is a user and not a helper as we would have ourselves believe.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:03 PM

777 posts, read 1,255,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quesodano View Post
Unfortunately the USA is in trouble and as for effecting the world... The largest CONSUMER group stops consuming. All producer groups get hurt. This Is a world wide phenomena. The USA has had the privalige of freedom squandered at a cost. The cost in general has been the unempathetic ignorance grown by an isolation from the World.

We should apologize for the extent that we have ignored what is rightious and good and have not lead from the blessings of privalage that we have inherited. It seems that this nation is a user and not a helper as we would have ourselves believe.
When my father was born, cars were not available to the general public.
He saw man land on the Moon and then the WorldWideWeb.
What a progression – what progress!

However, when I was a small boy (even in the New York area), locking the door wasn’t a requirement.
Now we have children raised by moral children, and respect is only a word in the dictionary.

It almost seems like technology and morality are inversely proportional.
‘Just an observation - not meaning that there’s a correlation.

Originally, we were a covenant nation inspired by the Mayflower Compact.
"Perhaps" we've broken that covenant.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:06 PM

71 posts, read 97,075 times
This position of independence and freedom have provided a unique breeding ground of privileged and essentially untested believer. What is to come is actually unfathomable to the majority of Americans today. There is still present a whisper of the indomitable spirit that is uniquely American. However there is also an undercurrent of fear that can lead to very bad things if left unchecked or even excited.

I do pray that the Lord keeps us and forgives us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity