U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-13-2008, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Central Florida
71 posts, read 97,033 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

Oh don't get me started on raising children. Mine are Homeschooled for a very good reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-13-2008, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,458,281 times
Reputation: 934
Getting back to the topic at hand........How about controlling the school? http://www.cr80news.com/2008/12/04/are-campus-id-programs-gambling-with-student-privacy Are campus I.D. programs gambling with students privacy?


And you think it can't happen here? Take a good look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2008, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,458,281 times
Reputation: 934
" Storm Warning "

"The present world crisis is not a result of one factor, but a concurrence of cause and effects which combine to set the world stage for a conflict which may quickly bring an end to hundreds of years progress in western civilization and establish new centers of international power. Whatever the future holds, it is going to be dramatically different than the past. In this dark picture, only the Scriptures chart a sure course and give us an intelligent explanation of worldwide confusion as it exist today."

John Walvoord
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2008, 06:13 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,157,164 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
How did this response address what I said? There's no doubt in my mind that the US will become a 3rd world country, and it will have no consequence either. Your point?
The point is all this left behind crap emanates from the USA.

Quote:
No one is dismissing anyone. Huh? is right. When the AntiChrist is discussed, the discussion involves the ENTIRE world....you know....ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT???
A OWG is only the figment of your imagination (a USA phenomena)

Quote:
Again, point? I've noticed in ALL of your posts that you have immense hatred for the US and what seems like a little jealousy.
What is there to be jealous of, just name one thing!

I do not hate the USA, I abhor USA evangelicals and their false doctrines - hence I present an "alternate reality" to yours.

Quote:
Once again, you have turned your responses into a US bashing tirade. Here's what you are not understanding......the AntiChrist will be the WORLD'S leader. He will have power to do anything, even return from death!!!! Come on, if you know the Bible like you say you do then surely you have read about the AntiChrist. What statistics are you talking about? Focus, man, focus.
Ever heard of Barry Smith? That was my introduction to Christianity - you assume I am ignorant with the whole ETP facades.

As for the "antichrist" it is NOT a single person - that is the the whole nonsense espoused by the left behind rubbish that emanated from the USA. And that rubbish was invented by a Jesuit priest pretending to be a converted Rabbi (Ben Ezzra) in the 1830's and the protestants bought it hook line and sinker.

Quote:
Please try to focus on the topic at hand. Name calling always works SO well in a discussion.
Calling someones attitude out is NOT name calling a person as you would like to believe.

Back to teh antichrist, it has been Kissinger, Bush, Blair, Putin, now Obama - it really amazes me how the fundies come up with these memes - always a new ebbul person ta keep up wid da times? Yet there is never a real antichrist.

Jesus spoke of antichrists (plural) not a single one.

Study a bit of biblical history and you will see just how much you have been duped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2008, 06:44 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,157,164 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Getting back to the topic at hand........How about controlling the school? CR80News | Are campus ID programs gambling with student privacy?


And you think it can't happen here? Take a good look.
So what's so threatening about this?

The article deals with Identity fraud mainly because of systems of ineptitude within the colleges. Assigning a "unique number" linked to the SSN is no different here when you are assigned an employee number (sometimes called a unique number) which in turn is linked to your nation ID number.

We have what is nicknamed the "book of life" which is an ID document of nnnnnn nnnn nnn set of numbers also barcoded. The book has everything including your marriage certificates, tracks voting if you vote, and gun licenses if you have any. Every citizen gets one at 16 and is compulsory at 18.

It also used to have your driver's license but that is now been replaced with an embossed card which has a 2-dimensional barcode and your thumb-print -all to prevent identity fraud which is rampant here due to illegal immigration.

You are sooo obsessed with chips yet we have unique "god given" marks like fingerprints, retina scans etc. and the technology exists economically nowadays to uses these "god given" marks. For some reason, it is only the USA that envisages a microchip to achieve this.

I said earlier, wrt SA, the RFID is used in livestock, pets and in some cases of elderly "homed" patients as the RFID can be scanned by RF (radio frequency - NOT satellite - the signal is too weak)

The RFID chip has a coil which recognizes the scan frequency with a coil and generates a response transmitting its information. (simplistic)

RFID is used in the USA for house arrest felons as ankle bracelets but a bit more sophisticated.

The one thing that has to take place for any chip to be force-implanted (a foreign object) will be a global law denying human rights. This is never going to happen. Sure folk may volunteer for convenience but it can never be forced just as the left-behinds though we would all have tattoos of barcodes on our foreheads or right hands - forcing the chip on people would be akin to forcing someone to take a tattoo - only livestock are marked in this way.

Shortly, we will likely have portable DNA scanners which will use your spit as a sample. DNA is also unique.

Most forms of ID have 2nd or 3rd ways of alternate verification like a photo, a number as no one I know can decipher a barcode by looking at it - that is the job of machines.

If you fly, your baggage is barcode tracked - do you identify your luggage at the terminal by barcode or by visual ID of the type of baggage and then looking at the self affixed label when there are identical pieces of luggage?

Nothing demonic here - only a vivid imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2008, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,458,281 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
So what's so threatening about this?

The article deals with Identity fraud mainly because of systems of ineptitude within the colleges. Assigning a "unique number" linked to the SSN is no different here when you are assigned an employee number (sometimes called a unique number) which in turn is linked to your nation ID number.

We have what is nicknamed the "book of life" which is an ID document of nnnnnn nnnn nnn set of numbers also barcoded. The book has everything including your marriage certificates, tracks voting if you vote, and gun licenses if you have any. Every citizen gets one at 16 and is compulsory at 18.

It also used to have your driver's license but that is now been replaced with an embossed card which has a 2-dimensional barcode and your thumb-print -all to prevent identity fraud which is rampant here due to illegal immigration.

You are sooo obsessed with chips yet we have unique "god given" marks like fingerprints, retina scans etc. and the technology exists economically nowadays to uses these "god given" marks. For some reason, it is only the USA that envisages a microchip to achieve this.

I said earlier, wrt SA, the RFID is used in livestock, pets and in some cases of elderly "homed" patients as the RFID can be scanned by RF (radio frequency - NOT satellite - the signal is too weak)

The RFID chip has a coil which recognizes the scan frequency with a coil and generates a response transmitting its information. (simplistic)

RFID is used in the USA for house arrest felons as ankle bracelets but a bit more sophisticated.

The one thing that has to take place for any chip to be force-implanted (a foreign object) will be a global law denying human rights. This is never going to happen. Sure folk may volunteer for convenience but it can never be forced just as the left-behinds though we would all have tattoos of barcodes on our foreheads or right hands - forcing the chip on people would be akin to forcing someone to take a tattoo - only livestock are marked in this way.

Shortly, we will likely have portable DNA scanners which will use your spit as a sample. DNA is also unique.

Most forms of ID have 2nd or 3rd ways of alternate verification like a photo, a number as no one I know can decipher a barcode by looking at it - that is the job of machines.

If you fly, your baggage is barcode tracked - do you identify your luggage at the terminal by barcode or by visual ID of the type of baggage and then looking at the self affixed label when there are identical pieces of luggage?

Nothing demonic here - only a vivid imagination.

When was the last time you've visited America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2008, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,458,281 times
Reputation: 934
"But the natural man (the normal, physical man, carnal man who trust in his own mind) receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1Corinthians 2:14
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2008, 03:39 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,157,164 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

When was the last time you've visited America?
Never, I have many friends in the USA and Canada who are Christians but not futurists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"But the natural man (the normal, physical man, carnal man who trust in his own mind) receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1Corinthians 2:14
You keep posting this as some sort of vindication of your beliefs.

Yet you fail in your own defense as how is a microchip the MoB seeing that the bible is NOT specific of what it will be. Is this what you spiritually discern?

Your mind has been polluted with the left behind rubbish. I just posted a whole heap of counter evidence to your assertions and you ask me when last did I visit America and now this quote above.

See here in SA, as long as I have been a believer, no traditional churches teach this stuff, they do however teach the teachings of Jesus.

In the late 80's leading up to the elections of our first black president, there was a boom of evangelical churches spreading the doom and gloom futurist message - appealing to the insecurities of whites and this only lasted into the mid 90's before it all died down again. Origin? You guessed it the USA.

The biggest charismatic (mega) church here was Rhema Church and Ray McCauley was a student of Kennith Hagen. The other was Hatfield family Church who also imported their gospel from the USA. These are the only type of churches where USA snake-oil salesmen get to preach.

Bear in mind the biggest Afrikaans church was/is the Dutch Reformed and 2 other offshoots (European origins) The English churches by demographic was/is essentially Church of England, Catholic, Anglican and Methodist. (English speaking among whites were about 30%)

SA is like a "mini USA" as back in the apartheid years, one of our strongest allies was - you guessed it - the USA. In fact if you go to Britain and see how much of their influences like architecture etc. is seen in SA, you find more parallels to the USA and not to mention that 90% of our TV is USA programming/movies - hence our cultures are similar in all respects.

Highways (Interchange north of JHB)
http://www.gauteng.net/images/stories/site_pics/intro_gauteng/intro_gauteng/highway.jpg (broken link)

Johannesburg
http://www.southafricawild.co.za/images/dusk-johannesburg-big.jpg (broken link)

Pretoria


Durban
http://www.cathedralcitytravel.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/durban-harbour.jpg (broken link)

Cape Town


We are NOT a banana republic and these pics are of our biggest city centers.

So you can stop throwing my country or yours up as straw men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2008, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,458,281 times
Reputation: 934
Beautiful pictures. And what? God's will can't be done in South Africa? I asked if you ever visited America because you seemed to know it so well. I know nothing of Africa. But what I do know, you too will fall under the ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT. The chip will be used as a form of control over there too. Know your King.

First comes silencing, then prosecution, then control. Watch and see. And by the way, what's with the hostility? And if my mind has been polluted with the left behind rubbish according to SeekerSA, then yours must be contaminated from within. Me, me, me, my, my,my, I, I, I, the world according to SeekerSA. God can't use us when we are so full of ourselves.

Still haven't figured out why I keep posting?: "But the natural man (the normal, physical man, carnal man who trust in his own mind) receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1Corinthians 2:14

The things of God are not by any means, dependent on whether you, or anyone else believes them. He's God all by Himself! He will not by any means cease to exist if you or anyone else choose not to believe one single Word of that proceedeth out of His mouth.

Man's spirit of pride and haughtiness must first be broken, before you can even begin to understand the things of God's Kingdom.


Are you broken?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2008, 09:57 PM
 
37,606 posts, read 25,300,228 times
Reputation: 5860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Still haven't figured out why I keep posting?: "But the natural man (the normal, physical man, carnal man who trust in his own mind) receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1Corinthians 2:14
I will admit . . . I haven't figured out why you keep posting it. It doesn't support your strict adherence to the literal word . . . THAT is like the "normal, physical man, carnal man who trusts in his own mind" . . . NOT one who receives the things of the spirit . . . neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. How is literally reading and accepting words as you understand them in your own mind . . . spiritually discerning? Spiritual interpretation is not literal reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top