U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2008, 08:21 PM
 
37,493 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5854

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You are speaking for me? I asked you several question above. Can you please address them?
That was a generic "you" referring to ALL who literally and secularly interpret the bible . . . instead of seeking the spiritual messages within.
Quote:
Of course. . .What? Do you believe that He was made flesh, and dwell amongst men? Was crucified on the cross and shedded His blood for you MysticPhD? For you? You personally. Yes or No?
You persist in asking your judgmental questions for the purpose of judging me (people that do such things do not have beautiful souls, IMO) . . . but you persist so you will hear.( IT is NOT a personal attack . . . it is my evaluation of your fate. Eye for an eye) You have self-righteously proclaimed yourself the "perfect understander" of God's words and you presume to test and judge others who see things differently. Jesus's loving heart would not approve, IMO.

Jesus doesn't choose only certain people nor punish anyone. God loves us all and wants all of us to achieve eternal life through Jesus. Those of you who feel you are somehow special or privileged or chosen because you believe, obey and worship according to your interpretation of God's word . . . are mistaken, IMO. You are prideful of your superior beliefs and judgmental of others . . . when you should just be loving one another as Jesus loves us and letting God sort it out. Testing others and evaluating their fates on the pretext that you just wish to save them from error is presumptuous and not remotely godly or loving . . . Jesus would not approve, IMO.

Those of you who believe you are righteous and will be first may be last . . . those of you who would presume to say how God would judge anyone else will not have as nice a fate as they believe, IMO. None of us can presume to speak for God nor understand God's will . . . and we certainly do not have the right to proclaim that we know infallibly what God's word MEANS using our flawed human minds. I find no wisdom in such people and pray for them to tend to their own fates . . . as there would seem to be a lot of work left to do before meeting the Lord.
Quote:
And if so, do you not then have spiritual eyes from which you can see? And ears from which you hear? The Word of God?
Yes . . . I have spiritual eyes and understanding. I commune with Jesus everyday in meditations and believe I have received the holy spirit. I strive to be as Jesus would have me be. I have absolutely no doubts about the correctness of my assessment of God's loving and accepting heart and the spiritual meaning of God's word. Satisfied, Betsey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-17-2008, 02:20 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,147,124 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Okay. You win. Not ever going to happen in South Africa...........................your Final Answer!!
It's not about winning, just showing yu the implausibility of your beliefs and assertions.
Quote:
However, I'll suggest you poll the "audience", or call a friend or do a 50/50 of believers and nonbelievers right here on CD. You might be surprise of what you'll learn.
I would need to poll an international audience as the USA CD forums would be biased for reasons I have addressed earlier. Furthermore, a poll would only express opinion and nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,451,131 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
It's not about winning, just showing yu the implausibility of your beliefs and assertions.

My beliefs and assertions? Not Thine will be done on earth, as it is in heaven? But my beliefs and assertion? Let me explain something to you SeekerSA, The "Word" does'nt fall in place with what I believe, I fall in place with the "Word". Please, don't get it twisted!


I would need to poll an international audience as the USA CD forums would be biased for reasons I have addressed earlier. Furthermore, a poll would only express opinion and nothing more.

My beliefs and assertions? Not Thine will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven? But my beliefs and assertion? Let me explain something to you SeekerSA, The "Word" does'nt fall in place with what I believe, I fall in place with the "Word". Please, don't get it twisted!


"Furthermore, a poll would only express opinion and nothing more"? And everything you've posted thus far, is what? Facts? Really? Word of advice, take it or leave, humble your self brother, humble yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,147,124 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
My beliefs and assertions? Not Thine will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven? But my beliefs and assertion? Let me explain something to you SeekerSA, The "Word" does'nt fall in place with what I believe, I fall in place with the "Word". Please, don't get it twisted!
Well if you fall in line with the word, you would NOT be making extraordinary claims of the RFID being the MoB

Quote:
"Furthermore, a poll would only express opinion and nothing more"? And everything you've posted thus far, is what? Facts? Really? Word of advice, take it or leave, humble your self brother, humble yourself.
Don't confuse me with Campbell - I have never claimed facts merely presented evidence contrary to what you are asserting - folk can draw their own conclusions.

Should I humble myself to you seeing you think I am not humble?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,451,131 times
Reputation: 934
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That was a generic "you" referring to ALL who literally and secularly interpret the bible . . . instead of seeking the spiritual messages within. You persist in asking your judgmental questions for the purpose of judging me (people that do such things do not have beautiful souls, IMO) . . . but you persist so you will hear.( IT is NOT a personal attack . . . it is my evaluation of your fate. Eye for an eye) You have self-righteously proclaimed yourself the "perfect understander" of God's words and you presume to test and judge others who see things differently. Jesus's loving heart would not approve, IMO.

Jesus doesn't choose only certain people nor punish anyone. God loves us all and wants all of us to achieve eternal life through Jesus. Those of you who feel you are somehow special or privileged or chosen because you believe, obey and worship according to your interpretation of God's word . . . are mistaken, IMO. You are prideful of your superior beliefs and judgmental of others . . . when you should just be loving one another as Jesus loves us and letting God sort it out. Testing others and evaluating their fates on the pretext that you just wish to save them from error is presumptuous and not remotely godly or loving . . . Jesus would not approve, IMO.

Those of you who believe you are righteous and will be first may be last . . . those of you who would presume to say how God would judge anyone else will not have as nice a fate as they believe, IMO. None of us can presume to speak for God nor understand God's will . . . and we certainly do not have the right to proclaim that we know infallibly what God's word MEANS using our flawed human minds. I find no wisdom in such people and pray for them to tend to their own fates . . . as there would seem to be a lot of work left to do before meeting the Lord. Yes . . . I have spiritual eyes and understanding. I commune with Jesus everyday in meditations and believe I have received the holy spirit. I strive to be as Jesus would have me be. I have absolutely no doubts about the correctness of my assessment of God's loving and accepting heart and the spiritual meaning of God's word. Satisfied, Betsey?

Judgmental for asking you, if you are broken? If you believe that Christ was made flesh, dwell among men, was crucified on the Cross, and shedded His blood for you? That's been judgmental? Let me ask you a question: When you stand before the Judge Himself and you're ask that question, Would you're response be the same?

1 John 4:2-3 reads: Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false spirit have gone out into the world. (2). By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, (3). and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. So in order for me to answer Your question, I had to know in what spirit were you asking me things concerning the Spirit?

Here's YOUR question: (Highlighted in purple)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane
Still haven't figured out why I keep posting?: "But the natural man (the normal, physical man, carnal man who trust in his own mind) receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1Corinthians 2:14

{I will admit . . . I haven't figured out why you keep posting it. It doesn't support your strict adherence to the literal word . . . THAT is like the "normal, physical man, carnal man who trusts in his own mind" . . . NOT one who receives the things of the spirit . . . neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. How is literally reading and accepting words as you understand them in your own mind . . . spiritually discerning? Spiritual interpretation is not literal reading. }


If you claim to be broken, and humbled and have confessed that Christ was made flesh, walked among men, was crucified and shedded His blood for YOU, YOU MysticPhD! (And it's not enough to know the story) why are'nt you then able to believe what is literal and know what is spiritual? Concerning the things of God?

And why do you have your foot in both worlds, so to speak? Yet you tell me that I'm judgmental, self righteous, and whatever else you deem me to be? Just because I asked if you have completely surrendered to the Lord? When you have fully surrendered, fully, you would be jumping for joy and at any chance that you are given to confess that Jesus is Lord of my life!!

You can't have "sensitivity" to the Spirit. You have to broken into pieces, being made whole. Yes, even unto His coming!! It's a daily process!

HERE is your 'insight" posted TWO nights ago:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/athei...ml#post6552978

If you have since then made a decision for Christ Jesus, I thank God for you! Can't have your foot in both worlds.
Your either extremely hot or either extremely cold. Never lukewarm, Never lukewarm.



Test the Spirit...................................

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 12-17-2008 at 09:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,451,131 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Well if you fall in line with the word, you would NOT be making extraordinary claims of the RFID being the MoB



Don't confuse me with Campbell - I have never claimed facts merely presented evidence contrary to what you are asserting - folk can draw their own conclusions.

Should I humble myself to you seeing you think I am not humble?
Was'nt a bird, nor a plane, still...................................right over your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 10:05 AM
 
37,493 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Judgmental for asking you, if you are broken? If you believe that Christ was made flesh, dwell among men, was crucified on the Cross, and shedded His blood for you? That's been judgmental? Let me ask you a question: When you stand before the Judge Himself and you're ask that question, Would you're response be the same?

If you claim to be broken, and humbled and have confessed that Christ was made flesh, walked among men, was crucified and shedded His blood for YOU, YOU MysticPhD! (And it's not enough to know the story) why are'nt you then able to believe what is literal and know what is spiritual? Concerning the things of God?
It is Betsey who demands that I be broken . . . Jesus would not. Jesus was the spirit of God made flesh so ALL flesh would be able to join God. You believe you understand how and why that happens . . . I do not believe you do. Believing literal secular descriptions instead of spiritually discerning what they are communicating about our spiritual task and destiny is wrong, IMO, period. We disagree completely about that. To you reading simplistically and literally what is written is spiritually discerning . . . nonsense. Understanding using the holy spirit and an understanding of the loving and accepting heart of Jesus REQUIRES that we search for the more loving spiritual message in the words.
Quote:
And why do you have your foot in both worlds, so to speak? Yet you tell me that I'm judgmental, self righteous, and whatever else you deem me to be? Just because I asked if you have completely surrendered to the Lord? When you have fully surrendered, fully, you would be jumping for joy and at any chance that you are given to confess that Jesus is Lord of my life!!

You can't have "sensitivity" to the Spirit. You have to broken into pieces, being made whole. Yes, even unto His coming!! It's a daily process!

HERE is your 'insight" posted TWO nights ago:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/athei...ml#post6552978

If you have since then made a decision for Christ Jesus, I thank God for you! Can't have your foot in both worlds.
Your either extremely hot or either extremely cold. Never lukewarm, Never lukewarm.



Test the Spirit...................................
I have my foot in both worlds because we live in both worlds . . . our soul is of the spirit but our body is in the world of the flesh. As long as we are in the body we must learn to understand and control the body according to the spirit. My intelligence and education enables me to see and understand both . . . so I have an obligation to make my understanding of both clearer to any who are struggling to reconcile them. You are blessed with an unquestioning mind and accept Jesus and God seeing no conflict with worldly knowledge. Not everyone is so blessed, Betsey . . . and your uncompromising disdain and judging of them because of it is not helpful. Your certainty is for YOU and your soul's development . . . not to convict others for not seeing it your way (just because you believe your understanding of it is the Lord's . . . very presumptuous).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,451,131 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is Betsey who demands that I be broken . . . Jesus would not. Jesus was the spirit of God made flesh so ALL flesh would be able to join God. You believe you understand how and why that happens . . . I do not believe you do. Believing literal secular descriptions instead of spiritually discerning what they are communicating about our spiritual task and destiny is wrong, IMO, period. We disagree completely about that. To you reading simplistically and literally what is written is spiritually discerning . . . nonsense. Understanding using the holy spirit and an understanding of the loving and accepting heart of Jesus REQUIRES that we search for the more loving spiritual message in the words.I have my foot in both worlds because we live in both worlds . . . our soul is of the spirit but our body is in the world of the flesh. As long as we are in the body we must learn to understand and control the body according to the spirit. My intelligence and education enables me to see and understand both . . . so I have an obligation to make my understanding of both clearer to any who are struggling to reconcile them. You are blessed with an unquestioning mind and accept Jesus and God seeing no conflict with worldly knowledge. Not everyone is so blessed, Betsey . . . and your uncompromising disdain and judging of them because of it is not helpful. Your certainty is for YOU and your soul's development . . . not to convict others for not seeing it your way (just because you believe your understanding of it is the Lord's . . . very presumptuous).
Okay...............

Here's the rest of 1 John 4:4-6

(4). You are of God, little children, and have over come them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
(5). They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.
(6). We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Spiritual eyes to see and spiritual ears to hear. Jesus said it, before Betsey did. Love and peace.

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 12-17-2008 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 02:43 PM
 
37,493 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Okay...............

Here's the rest of 1 John 4:4-6

(4). You are of God, little children, and have over come them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
(5). They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.
(6). We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Spiritual eyes to see and spiritual ears to hear. Jesus said it, before Betsey did. Love and peace.
You stopped a little short there, Betsey . . . 1John 4:7-8

(7). Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

(8). He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

If we do not interpret in love . . . then we interpret in fear, which is error 1John 4:18

(18). There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,451,131 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You stopped a little short there, Betsey . . . 1John 4:7-8

(7). Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

(8). He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

If we do not interpret in love . . . then we interpret in fear, which is error 1John 4:18

(18). There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
And it's out of love that I come to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top