U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 06:02 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,587,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom0204 View Post
I think you miss the point of this comment. This has nothing to do with outlawing a behavior, but rather making it ILLEGAL for a Clergy person of the Christian faith to teach what the Bible teaches about homosexuality specifically. This has been proposed.
Where has Obama proposed such a thing? Seriously. Point it out to me so I can read it myself. Otherwise, I think you're getting worked up about nothing. This isn't Canada. There would be a MAJOR constitutional crisis on hand if the government started telling people what they were allowed to preach or not preach about in church. Don't be so foolish as to think Christians in this country wouldn't stand up and revolt if such a thing came to pass. We still have the right to freedom of speech in this country. It's just too bad that fundamentalist Christians are the only ones who think they should have that right.

And I don't miss the point at all. I was merely commenting about how it seems fundamentalist Christians have a one-track mind when it comes to preaching against things which are "wrong" with this country. You're supposed to be preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ....not going around preaching about what you regard as sin. You're supposed to be preaching His love for us, and how God forgives us, and how God is FOR us.....not making everyone feel guilty and fearful of hell. If, instead of pushing for a war-mongering Republican party who only cares about the wealthy, you would instead start pushing for social justice and taking care of the poor, sick, needy, homeless, and orphans....this country might be a better place for EVERYONE. If you guys would stick to preaching what you're SUPPOSED to be preaching, you might actually win more people to Christ, instead of driving them away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
This is correct. The fact there is such a push to do this is proof of how evil the homosexual movement is from a Christian perspective. Their goal is to silence anybody who disagrees with them at all costs. This is a very dangerous road to follow.
Wow. That's.....that's.....hmmmm.....I don't even know how to qddress how far off-base you are.

There's a saying: Paranoia will destroy ya'.

First of all, we don't wish to silence anyone who disagrees with us. The fact is, because YOU fundamentalist Christians don't agree with gays and lesbians, you feel this obsessive and incessant need to silence us. I think ANY fundamentalist Christian would admit they secretly wish gay-pride parades would be outlawed, and that all gay bars would be closed, and that all gay and lesbian literature would be burned, and that all landlords would evict gay and lesbian tenants, and that all employers would fire gay and lesbian employees, and that all gays and lesbians would simply leave the country.

Can you honestly say none of that is true?

Quote:
Its my conviction that the homosexual movement in America is Satan's vehicle to bring back mass-discrimination against the followers of Christ in America.
Oh baloney. What about the rampant adultery, divorce, fornication, child-abuse/pedophilia, abortion, drinking and decadent materialism that takes place in the heterosexual world...including within the ranks and pews of Christian churches? Are you SERIOUSLY going to tell me that all that stuff should be brushed aside because it's not a vehicle of Satan to destroy the church?

Get REAL.

Quote:
The pieces are in place as the public school system has taught our young people that the homosexuals are innocent victims and Christians are evil, hateful, bigoted, backwards, and should have no place in American society.
Where the HECK are you getting your information from?? Examples/links, please. I've never heard ANYONE (outside of an atheist) say Christians have no place in American society. Unless, of course, you think all gays and lesbians are atheists. Which I can assure you we are NOT.

This nonsense is ALL paranoia.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 PM

7,946 posts, read 14,649,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
I think ANY fundamentalist Christian would admit they secretly wish gay-pride parades would be outlawed, and that all gay bars would be closed, and that all gay and lesbian literature would be burned, and that all landlords would evict gay and lesbian tenants, and that all employers would fire gay and lesbian employees, and that all gays and lesbians would simply leave the country.
In America, you have the right to have jobs, write literature, have housing, hospital visits, etc, but as for gay pride parades, they are nothing but huge sex orgies and they definitely should be outlawed in their current form. Most gay people will respond to this by mentioning Mardi Gras, and yes that is equally abominable but its only one festival once per year in one city. Every city across the nation has a gay pride parade where the streets of Sodom and Gomorrah are re-enacted every year, the more exotic and disgusting the better. If you want to be gay, fine, but GET A ROOM! Its that "we're here, we're *****, we're coming after your children, and you can kiss my arse" attitude that makes this the defining issue of our time, and we Christians CANNOT stand for it!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:34 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,587,116 times
I agree....they should get a room. But is that a reason to deny them the protection they need to keep from losing their homes and jobs because fundamentalist bigots can't stand gay people?

And numbers don't mean jack, man. Mardi Gras may be one time of the year - in New Orleans. But apparently you aren't aware of the fact that OTHER cities have their own "Mardi Gras" celebrations, including one right across the river from Cincinnati in which straight men and women have bared their own naked bodies and openly urinated in the front yards of private homes while out gallavanting around in the streets in their drunken states. So SPARE me the self-righteous, hypocritical BS and start PREACHING what you're supposed to preach. I for one am FED UP to my eyeballs with your nauseating anti-gay, hate-filled rhetoric.

And BTW....this whole conversation is MOOT now because OBAMA WON!!

Old 03-18-2013, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 686 times
Hi. Born again christians do not follow anyone but Christ. They especially do not support sin, including immodesty, ungodly music,lying, abortion, idolatry,or homosexuality. Born againChristians love the sinner but hate the sin because this is what God instructs them to do. God hates sin. this is why he had to send His only Son Jesus Christ to erase the sins past presentand future of all human beings, who accept Jesus Christs free gift of eternal life.. they also have a convicted heart to help spread the gospel messge, because this is all that matters. and by the way on judgement day it won't matter who was president, Just wil matter what Gods/JesusChrists/Holy Spirits judgement is. Repent.accept Jesus your personal Savior and believe it, live in the Holy Spirit and turn from sin in your old life and live forChrist. A sincere proclaimation of faith in Christ as Lord And saviour gets one to heaven.good works do not. However, good works shown by those born again are bearing fruit of the spirit. Good works alone without having faith in Christ doesnt getone to heaven.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:29 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,778,152 times
i just didnt vote.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,516,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Chris, with all due respect,

I work in the public schools, and I have never, never heard of anyone promoting homosexuality in any context. In fact....outside of super liberal enclaves like San Francisco, I've never heard of any promotion of homosexuality in schools anywhere.

Also, I've known and worked with people who are gay, one is a close friend, and a supporter of gay marriage. None of these people have any hatred for christians or (conservtive) christian beliefs. They may disagree with christians, but I've never seen any militancy with them. And I've never heard of any gays advocating persecution of christians, except when right wing people bring it up to scare people like us into voting for their candidates.

I do think Homosexuality is a sin, and against the Bible. But if gay marriage is legalized, I am not afraid of my christian rights being taken away by a small minority of a small minority (gays are what, 10% of the population?)

I tried looking up Canadian laws to see if they've actually stopped pastors from preaching on homosexuality...or if they've been able to force them to perform gay ceremonies, but couldn't find anything. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
What a great post, and I also have worked with gays and have some gay friends and I have never known any of them to have hatred for Christians or Christianity. Of course some have admited they are not Christian and even some support gay marriage.

I don't think gays represent 10% of the population. It is smaller in percentage, yet you see far more gays living in the centre or very close to the centre of cities compared to other places and gays there would represent a higher percent than 10% there as gays from all across the country move there.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:10 PM

13,469 posts, read 21,248,420 times
This is a very old thread about the presidential election in 2008.
Old thread old news

Closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or