Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:36 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Despite Barack Obama's approval of abortion and homosexual activism, new polling by a prestigious Christian research group indicates that the Democratic presidential nominee is making significant inroads among voters who are classified as "born-again" Christians.

Why 'born-again' Christians are backing Obama (OneNewsNow.com) (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=303730 - broken link)

Old 10-31-2008, 07:04 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Obama is popular with young evangelicals who have grown up in a world of contemporary feel-good Christianity. They don't feel morally convicted about a candidate that supports the murdering of children. I am not going to judge them, but no economic prosperity is worth continuing this brutal massacre of America's young. That's not even touching the homosexual issue that provoked the wrath of God on Sodom, but "Christian" Palin also supports civil unions so there really isn't a huge difference there.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:12 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Obama is popular with young evangelicals who have grown up in a world of contemporary feel-good Christianity. They don't feel morally convicted about a candidate that supports the murdering of children. I am not going to judge them, but no economic prosperity is worth continuing this brutal massacre of America's young. That's not even touching the homosexual issue that provoked the wrath of God on Sodom, but "Christian" Palin also supports civil unions so there really isn't a huge difference there.
I don't see a problem with civil union.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Could not have said it better myself.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:30 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,257 times
May be they're voting for other reasons then his religion views? I could never understand why religion is a "must" to be a part of political choosing.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
May be they're voting for other reasons then his religion views? I could never understand why religion is a "must" to be a part of political choosing.
As Christians, you always put Christ first even in your voting.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:06 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Guilty - I voted for him in the primary to keep Hillary out. Now I've been able to read his voting record on the issues mentioned, and I'm sickened. Living in a red state (Texas), we'll go McCain - but the swing states will verify what we are as a nation.

But I do know this: God will give us what we need, and if it's a corrupt "king" to bring God's judgment, we need it.

1 Samuel 1:18 ' When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day.' 19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. 'No!' they said. 'We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.' 21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD. 22 The LORD answered, 'Listen to them and give them a king.'

Old 10-31-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Guilty - I voted for him in the primary to keep Hillary out. Now I've been able to read his voting record on the issues mentioned, and I'm sickened. Living in a red state (Texas), we'll go McCain - but the swing states will verify what we are as a nation.

But I do know this: God will give us what we need, and if it's a corrupt "king" to bring God's judgment, we need it.

1 Samuel 1:18 ' When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day.' 19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. 'No!' they said. 'We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.' 21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD. 22 The LORD answered, 'Listen to them and give them a king.'
very well put.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:13 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I voted for the lesser of two evils (McCain) but both of these candidates are far from representing Christ. Huckabee is a righteous man but this country isn't in the position to be led by him.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
I voted for the lesser of two evils (McCain) but both of these candidates are far from representing Christ. Huckabee is a righteous man but this country isn't in the position to be led by him.
Every 4 years we vote for the lesser of two evils. Obama would have been no different except for the fact this is a man who would sign F.O.C.A. I mean that is just something we as Christians can not overlook

Then there are Christians with suspect discernment who know this issue is a stumbling block for most Christians so they deliberately lie or twist the truth to help appease the conscience of Christians voting for this man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity