U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:15 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,377,078 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][/SIZE] The Edged of Miraculous! [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

I am no One special; I lived in the ghetto of the World, Just Lost in the big cities of America. One day, the spring of 2002 I was in a city park on a high very mountain. Looking toward the big cities, and I looked up toward the heavens, and said to myself, there must be some thing must better than man. I cried like a baby. So that day, night fell, and I went home, about 1: oo am and I went to bed, said my prayer. I ask the LORD for Hope. Now about 4:00 am in the morning I had an experience, a dream state, some kind of strange Phenomenon, a vision I believe it is called Ecstasy! Extreme emotional excitement, no laws or nature, cannot explain.

That night a kind of a world wind came down on me like fire. In this vision, I fell down on my feet I could not move, I cried out, please take this burden from me, it continued, I was in the center of a great storm, it felt like hours and hours, but it was only a few minutes. Then it stopped, what was that? The Holy Spirit comes down on me like winds of fire. In John 3:8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Now this is the truth. Now after that day, I went back to the park, on that high mountain, looked up Into the heavens crying out to Jesus for Hope, people ask me who are you calling, I said Christ's, they said okay but I knew they were laughing at me inside. After those days I could not sleep, who could I tell? Anyway a year went by, trying to read the bible, hoping, crying and confessing, months later something happened to me again. I said to myself when well this stop, in this vision I saw myself and Saw a living Spirit in me. The next evening to the morning I had another vision, now it was

about 4:00 am in the morning I had another experience, a dream state, some kind of strange Phenomenon, another vision again in this dream state, I felt a very Luke warm air, I was light as a feather, pulling me up, gently toward the heavens. I was very afraid, I grabbed, on any thing to stop going up, but everything just melted away, it was like I was going down into the deep blue seas, but was going up.
It was awesome. In this state there was a vision I saw, a Man He Looked about 300 feet tall or more. He was very stream like, Very, very pronounced, and was very athletic type. His face was that of an innocent child, with short curly hair, like a child. His eyes were very deep, deep blue, like the deep blue oceans. His skin was the color of a very bright Morning star.
It was so awesome. As I looked all around Him, I saw many figures Just Like Him. All around Him, it was so awesome.
As I looked Down to earth a little ways above the earth, there were Very, very tall and slim, angels, thousands of them; they were very big too! Like they were waiting for something to happen, my heart felt Very heavy, but calm. It was so awesome.
Then I knew suddenly who I was looking at, in all of His Glory. The Son of Man, Christ Jesus, God the Son.
In full form, perfect, and beautiful.
This was the Resurrection. He was sitting down on His throne looking up at God the Father, He just gazed at me and Smiled at Me. He did not say any thing to me. Who can I tell! Who will believe me! Months later, The living Spirit came back unto me again, He Shown many things. Here is some of what is going on in our world.
In a vision He showed me three long tubes, made of glass, height unknown.
Each one had a small clock above it. The first tube was complete. The second was almost to the top. The third was not complete, yet not seen. The Holy Spirit said, the problems of today will be buried by the sands of time! He also said that they must see darkness before they can see the Light. I asked the Holy Spirit where God the Son and God the Father is living;
He said we live in the Edge of the Miraculous! An event that cannot be explained by Laws or nature, He said, that they make there own Worlds, WOW! The Holy Spirit said to me there will be an event this year and many more, in the heavens, and on the earth for all to see, and warnings as time comes to closure.
Even man made newest Satellites will witness it for all to see in the cosmos. Humanity will see a big celestial clock as it comes to an end.

There is only one way out threw the Lord Jesus Christ, why you delay. I ask when, He said were almost there. I try to tell people, some donít believe, or are too busy planning for the future, so much to buy of this world, Jesus said any one, that a friend of this world is a enemy of God the Father.
Then who can be saved, with man it is impossible, but with God every thing is possible.
Today is mercy and grace. I donít remember your sins for now, but remember the big celestial clock. Time is running out, and then how.
I remember your sins. Too many things to buy of this world, and then out of time. Where do you stand with God? The world or Judgment! Or Jesus. I write so you can have the knowledge and truth, Jesus Christ teaches righteousness. But Remember Jesus came to earth for one reason, only to save sinners to repentance.
Not for the righteous, but sinners, not to Judge to world, but to save it, for this is the Fatherís will. I my self felt a deep, deep love, an Extreme emotional excitement I canít explain, this love of God the Father; Salvation is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God the Father, this relationship is spiritual, sacred and very personal. The Holy Spirit is an expression of deep love that pierces the soul and spirit of the humanity. It is the greatest gift, and exceeds beyond love itself, it is an expression and imprint that cannot be found, and exceeds humanity itself. One day people will try to look for God, they will not fine Him.
This is a true story but no one believes so I keep trying because what I saw was real and scary to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 04:39 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,644,888 times
Hmmm....uh....well....ok!
I think most people might be a little leery of jumping in and replying right away, because your experience seems so unusual. Not everbody has visions, especially with so much vivid detail. It's not that we don't believe, it's that it's all so unusual and out of the ordinary, to the experience of most. I'd bet most are just kind of sitting back, scratching their heads, and wondering "could all this be true"? Then we sort of wait to see what someone else thinks first before we make a reply. (one of those "Hey Bud...why don't you go test that water...then maybe I will..." kind of things) We, I, they just don't know what to think or say. That said, I'd say for you to just keep on posting, because I find it interesting what you have to say (to say the least) There is room on the forum for everyone, regardless of where we're coming from! So....what else has happened to you? Did you pray for these experiences, or did they "just happen"? When did you become a Christian? Do others in your family have the same things happening to them as well? What does your pastor think? Just curious...

Bud

Old 10-31-2008, 07:39 PM

Smile Transfiguration

[quote=BudinAk;5945727]Hmmm....uh....well....ok!
I think most people might be a little leery of jumping in and replying right away, because your experience seems so unusual. Not everbody has visions, especially with so much vivid detail. It's not that we don't believe, it's that it's all so unusual and out of the ordinary, to the experience of most. I'd bet most are just kind of sitting back, scratching their heads, and wondering "could all this be true"? Then we sort of wait to see what someone else thinks first before we make a reply. (one of those "Hey Bud...why don't you go test that water...then maybe I will..." kind of things) We, I, they just don't know what to think or say. That said, I'd say for you to just keep on posting, because I find it interesting what you have to say (to say the least) There is room on the forum for everyone, regardless of where we're coming from! So....what else has happened to you? Did you pray for these experiences, or did they "just happen"? When did you become a Christian? Do others in your family have the same things happening to them as well? What does your pastor think? Just curious...

What I saw did happen to me, the beginning of wisdom is doubt. If you can go to your Bible, Jesus speaks about this transformation. I will show you some scriptures that will make you understand what I experience and Saw.

Romans 8:18-23 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
For the earnest expectation of the creature waited for the manifestation of the son of God.
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travailed in pain together until now. (As we wait.) And not they, but ourselves also which have the first fruits of the spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves.
Waiting for the adoption to wit, the redemption of our body.

Transfiguration
Matthew 17:1-13 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

(see Mark 9: 1-9; Luke 9: 27 – 36; 2 Peter 1: 16 – 18 )

The First Resurrection
Rev. 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Blessed. That is, his condition is to be regarded as a happy or a favoured one. This is designed apparently to support and encourage those who in the time of John suffered persecution, or who might suffer persecution afterwards.
And holy. That is, no one will be thus honoured who has not an established character for holiness. Holy principles will then reign, and none will be exalted to that honour who have not a character for eminent sanctity.
That hath part in the first resurrection. That participated in it; that is, who is associated with those who are thus raised up.

A new creation
Gal 6:11-18 Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.
12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.
14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

God the father will choose if few people and give them a new life and new creation.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure he in heart: for they shall see God.

John 20:24-25 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 10-31-2008 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: adjusting letters

Old 10-31-2008, 10:56 PM

702 posts, read 844,552 times
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion..." (Gen 1:26)

"...Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ..." (Eph 4:13)

...When we are only born of Adam into the world we see, hear feel the world as an Adamic human. God's dwelling within brings God's seeing, hearing and feeling into us. Born of Adam means we have Adamic senses. Born again of God means we have Divine senses. Extended or spiritual senses are native to everyone with Jesus in them. We have been born again into the kingdom of God where both the realm and the ruler of it is God. Now we can see God and see by the means of God things like God sees. The same with the other senses. Yet, it is partial and in a foretaste until the liberation of our bodies into the glory.

...Because Jesus is in us all that He is and does is in us. Maturity is the extent to which we are available to Him. We are to progress through all the functions of God as man as we grow into the same image. Evangelist deepens into prophet. Prophecy increases experience with the Divine nature until qualified to be sent. The special emissary, or apostle yet presses into victory over death. These functions are all aspects of the nature of Him Who dwells within. We are the flesh of God in the earth.

Where we are going to best develop all Jesus is and does is together with other members of His body. Prevent whoever would take over the meeting from doing so. "...where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty." (2 Cor 3:17) Whenever you see the underside of the boot of another man you can know you're not in the kingdom of God. Meet without human headship! every member participating.

I put this simple message here because it is important to know, when we have the Holy Ghost that answers to Jesus name, it's normal to experience dreams and visions from God, to see into other realms, to hear God's voice, receive supernatural wisdom, to enjoy the working of miracles and such like.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:51 AM

Default Being Born Again, ďThe Miracle of the New BirthĒ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion..." (Gen 1:26)

"...Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ..." (Eph 4:13)

...When we are only born of Adam into the world we see, hear feel the world as an Adamic human. God's dwelling within brings God's seeing, hearing and feeling into us. Born of Adam means we have Adamic senses. Born again of God means we have Divine senses. Extended or spiritual senses are native to everyone with Jesus in them. We have been born again into the kingdom of God where both the realm and the ruler of it is God. Now we can see God and see by the means of God things like God sees. The same with the other senses. Yet, it is partial and in a foretaste until the liberation of our bodies into the glory.

...Because Jesus is in us all that He is and does is in us. Maturity is the extent to which we are available to Him. We are to progress through all the functions of God as man as we grow into the same image. Evangelist deepens into prophet. Prophecy increases experience with the Divine nature until qualified to be sent. The special emissary, or apostle yet presses into victory over death. These functions are all aspects of the nature of Him Who dwells within. We are the flesh of God in the earth.

Where we are going to best develop all Jesus is and does is together with other members of His body. Prevent whoever would take over the meeting from doing so. "...where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty." (2 Cor 3:17) Whenever you see the underside of the boot of another man you can know you're not in the kingdom of God. Meet without human headship! every member participating.

I put this simple message here because it is important to know, when we have the Holy Ghost that answers to Jesus name, it's normal to experience dreams and visions from God, to see into other realms, to hear God's voice, receive supernatural wisdom, to enjoy the working of miracles and such like.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:00 AM

322 posts, read 643,738 times
Learn from the dreams and visions. Learn how to relate the messages you received, to others, without scaring them off.

A few years back, I told someone that I thought I was called to be a prophet. That persons reply was, "Your scaring me." Some folks just can't handle the direct approach because they don't understand. It's because they don't understand, that the LORD sends gifted people to help them. So we must try and be gentle with some, and sometimes more straightforward with others.

Also, when we minister to Christians, remember that they too have gifts from the SPIRIT and we should allow them to minister and we should respect them and listen to what they say. Every member in the body is vital to the welfare of the whole body. The ministry of the Church should be according to the rules given by GOD, which many have departed from in this day and time.

Prove all things by the scriptures.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:32 AM

4,541 posts, read 12,767,807 times
Default no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation

TheWordisOne,

Im very sorry. I do not want to offend you. However, the scriptures you've given above do not prove anything... they are random and are taken out of context.

I have been reading your posts for some time now and quite honestly, I am confused by them.

Just because you have a dream or a vision, doesn't mean it's from God and it doesn't mean you are a prophet.

God gives christians discernment.

I sincerely hope that you are attending a church.

I want only the best for you!

God bless you

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-01-2008 at 10:51 AM..

Old 11-01-2008, 12:41 PM

[quote=World Citizen;5953498]TheWordisOne,

Im very sorry. I do not want to offend you. However, the scriptures you've given above do not prove anything... they are random and are taken out of context.

I have been reading your posts for some time now and quite honestly, I am confused by them.

Just because you have a dream or a vision, doesn't mean it's from God and it doesn't mean you are a prophet.

God gives christians discernment.

I sincerely hope that you are attending a church.

I understand your feelings I am not offend, I attend seminary school of Theology for about 8 years. I study Greek Theology and Christian Theology. I am not a master but I am working my way up. What I have said is true. I seek not my truth, but the truth of God. Everyone has a choice this is what you call discernment. I look at all aspects of scriptures and people that have wisdom of discernment, so like everyone else I share my discernment to others. Please seek all aspects Theology to fine truth. Not my true, but the truth of the living God and Christian. Wisdom, I will show you how I get your own information so that you can find your own answers if is true or false.
Peace be with you, a fellow Christian.

PS. a study about what is to be a prophet?

Prophet

Responsibility assumption is a doctrine in the personal growth field holding that each individual has substantial or total responsibility for the events and circumstances that befall them in their life. While there is little that is notable about the notion that each person has at least some role in shaping their experience, the doctrine of responsibility assumption posits that the individual's mental contribution to his or her own experience is substantially greater than is normally thought. "I must have wanted this" is the type of catchphrase used by adherents of this doctrine when encountering situations, pleasant or unpleasant, to remind them that their own desires and choices led to the present outcome.
The term responsibility assumption thus has a specialized meaning beyond the general concept of taking responsibility for something, and is not to be confused with the general notion of making an assumption that a concept such as "responsibility" exists.
Moral responsibility can refer to two different but related things. First, a person has 'moral responsibility' for a situation if that person has an obligation to ensure that something happens. Assume that John promises to baby-sit for his neighbour while she goes to a job interview. However, he decides he will go to a concert instead. Arguably, John has moral responsibility for finding another appropriate babysitter for his neighbour. Second, a person has moral responsibility for a situation when it would be correct to morally praise or blame that person for the situation. If John fails to find an appropriate babysitter, then he might be said to have moral responsibility for his neighbour's failure to make her job interview.
People who have moral responsibility for an action are usually called moral agents. Agents are creatures that are capable of reflecting on their situation, forming intentions about how they will act, and then carrying out that action.
An obligation is a requirement to take some course of action. It can be legal or moral. There are also obligations in other normative contexts, such as obligations of etiquette, social obligations, and possibly the In terms of politics, obligations are requirements that are to fulfill. These are generally in the form of legal obligations, which incur a penalty for lack of fulfillment, although certain people are obliged to carry out certain actions for other reasons as well, which can be due to tradition or social reasons. Obligations vary from person to person, for example, a person holding a political office will generally have far more obligations than an average adult citizen, who themselves will have more obligations than a child. Obligations are generally granted in return for an increase in an individualís rights or power.[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

I want only the best for you too!

God bless you

Old 11-01-2008, 12:52 PM

4,541 posts, read 12,767,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post

I understand your feelings I am not offend, I attend seminary school of Theology for about 8 years. I study Greek Theology and Christian Theology. I am not a master but I am working my way up. What I have said is true. I seek not my truth, but the truth of God. Everyone has a choice this is what you call discernment. I look at all aspects of scriptures and people that have wisdom of discernment, so like everyone else I share my discernment to others. Please seek all aspects Theology to fine truth. Not my true, but the truth of the living God and Christian. Wisdom, I will show you how I get your own information so that you can find your own answers if is true or false.
Peace be with you, a fellow Christian.

PS. a study about what is to be a prophet?

Prophet

Responsibility assumption is a doctrine in the personal growth field holding that each individual has substantial or total responsibility for the events and circumstances that befall them in their life. While there is little that is notable about the notion that each person has at least some role in shaping their experience, the doctrine of responsibility assumption posits that the individual's mental contribution to his or her own experience is substantially greater than is normally thought. "I must have wanted this" is the type of catchphrase used by adherents of this doctrine when encountering situations, pleasant or unpleasant, to remind them that their own desires and choices led to the present outcome.
The term responsibility assumption thus has a specialized meaning beyond the general concept of taking responsibility for something, and is not to be confused with the general notion of making an assumption that a concept such as "responsibility" exists.
Moral responsibility can refer to two different but related things. First, a person has 'moral responsibility' for a situation if that person has an obligation to ensure that something happens. Assume that John promises to baby-sit for his neighbour while she goes to a job interview. However, he decides he will go to a concert instead. Arguably, John has moral responsibility for finding another appropriate babysitter for his neighbour. Second, a person has moral responsibility for a situation when it would be correct to morally praise or blame that person for the situation. If John fails to find an appropriate babysitter, then he might be said to have moral responsibility for his neighbour's failure to make her job interview.
People who have moral responsibility for an action are usually called moral agents. Agents are creatures that are capable of reflecting on their situation, forming intentions about how they will act, and then carrying out that action.
An obligation is a requirement to take some course of action. It can be legal or moral. There are also obligations in other normative contexts, such as obligations of etiquette, social obligations, and possibly the In terms of politics, obligations are requirements that are to fulfill. These are generally in the form of legal obligations, which incur a penalty for lack of fulfillment, although certain people are obliged to carry out certain actions for other reasons as well, which can be due to tradition or social reasons. Obligations vary from person to person, for example, a person holding a political office will generally have far more obligations than an average adult citizen, who themselves will have more obligations than a child. Obligations are generally granted in return for an increase in an individual’s rights or power.[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
So, you must have become a christian while in Theology school because you forgot to mention either of those facts in this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
The day that I became a Christian was in the spring of 2002, I was baptized by the Holy Spirit, I can even recall the time it was 8:30 a.m. but to be honest, I know only God can make true Christians so I am working my way up. Since then I had this hunger for the word. Every day I study the Bible. I use electronic concordance and a computer program to help me study, the only way I can explain I can see a mystery in the bible.
Again, today's post makes no sense.

I wish you well.

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-01-2008 at 01:19 PM..

Old 11-01-2008, 02:38 PM

To be great is to be misunderstood.
There are many ways you can be hurtful, but only one way to Heal.
A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't.
Better to understand little than to misunderstand a lot.
An optimist is always able to see the bright side of other people's
troubles.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.
An understanding heart warms all that are graced with its
presence.
An optimist is the human personification of spring.
German proverb: No trees torch the sky.
Willingness opens the doors to knowledge, direction, and
achievement. God Bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity