U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:14 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
Please help me understand. Are you telling us that you are not subject to the law of God?
Amazing, isn't it!

Galatians 3:11
Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith."

Hebrews 10:38
"But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him."

The end result of pleasing God through the law is this:

Romans 4:14
"For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, because law brings wrath."

That is all the law will do, bring the wrath of God upon yourself.

Again, Jesus invites you to come to God by faith through him, the law only brings destruction. Be not decieved, Paul says "clearly" no one is justified by the law"...it should be clear what pleases God....and it isn't the law.

I hope this helped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 08:50 PM

21,260 posts, read 20,865,688 times
Will somebody help me out here. Are the three questions I posed to Harold and Donna really that difficult? I'm just sitting here waiting and waiting and waiting for one of them to answer. Harold has already refused and Donna is just pretending not to see them. Good thing I'm just waiting and not actually holding my breath.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:36 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,342,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Will somebody help me out here. Are the three questions I posed to Harold and Donna really that difficult? I'm just sitting here waiting and waiting and waiting for one of them to answer. Harold has already refused and Donna is just pretending not to see them. Good thing I'm just waiting and not actually holding my breath.
I think by them not answering if your answer.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:14 AM

Sorry is your answer

Old 03-27-2009, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,140 times
Default Sorry dude you are dead wrong.

Saturday is the one and only Sabbath. It was never changed by Jesus. It was changed by Constantine who changed from pagan relegion to Christianity. Thus came the Catholic church with all of their idols. Why do you think that the 4th commandment says "REMEMBER" and "KEEP"? Show scripture to back up your statement.

As far as Easter goes, it is a pagan holiday to do with fertility, not the resurrection.

This is GOD's Sabbath and he never changed anything.
Jesus said, "If you love me you will keep my commandments."
The sabbath was created on day 7. I won't even go into the laws governing what you eat. The law you consider to be the least GOD says is the most important. These are not popular laws in today's way of thinking.
The mark of the beast is to take Sunday as the Sabbath. Do your homework.

May GOD bless you and keep you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Saturday is the true sabbath day in the ten commandments. However, the new covenant with Jesus establishes the sabbath of Jesus on Sunday, or the day he rose from the dead. Why do you think Easter is celebrated on Sunday? It isn't because most people go to Mass or service on Sunday, it is because that was the day he was resurrected from the dead.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
For those of you who believe that the 10 commandments are Gods Law and is not done away with, how do you keep the sabbath? Is Saturday the seventh day?
To be honest I worship everyday of the week, but attend church on Sunday. So, frankly I don't just give God one day of the week, I give Him everday, saturday and sunday.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:06 PM

988 posts, read 1,573,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe you're absolutely right. Harold Kupp, however, refused to answer them and it's starting to look like Donna is going to follow suit.

Ummmm I gave you my answer - Proverbs 26:4 - Do you have a Bible? Look it up.

HK

Old 03-28-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
f.

Be not decieved, Paul says "clearly" no one is justified by the law"...it should be clear what pleases God....and it isn't the law.

Ooooops Paul also said:

Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Can you explain?

HK

Old 03-28-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
To be honest I worship everyday of the week, but attend church on Sunday. So, frankly I don't just give God one day of the week, I give Him everday, saturday and sunday.

Yes we should be holy every day but we cannot keep every day holy -we have to work in this world - the command is to rest on the holy day set apart for the worship of God.

HK

"...six days shall ye labor but the seventh day ..."

Old 03-28-2009, 02:16 PM

37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Yes we should be holy every day but we cannot keep every day holy -we have to work in this world - the command is to rest on the holy day set apart for the worship of God.

HK

"...six days shall ye labor but the seventh day ..."
The sabbath is for man . . . NOT God, Harold. If we spend every day immersed in the world . . . our souls will be starved and confused and distracted from our spiritual purpose by the cares of the world. God has no need for us to spend an entire day worshiping Him . . . but WE benefit from doing so at least once a week. This is what comes of mindless, literal obedience to the letter of laws instead of their spirit or PURPOSE. You seem to think our God needs and demands some worship for His benefit on a specific day of the week . . . nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or