U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 AM

174 posts, read 443,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
I understand what you mean but to me it's not fear that you are seeing. Not from people such as myself, who are Christian fundamentalists or the like. I know you are not a big fan of the talk of the end times and neither are a lot of other people but what we are directed as Christians to do is to WARN. We talk about it a lot not out of fear, but out of duty to uphold God's directives in His Word.

We talk about it because it is real and it's happening now. Yes I know that everyone says that Christians have been predicting and setting dates for centuries and once again I will say that what people have said or done in the past doesn't change the prophecy that has been fulfilled, beginning with the most important in 1948. We ARE finally, actually, most definitely, for certain, no doubt about it because of what the Bible teaches in the last days before Christ's return.

We talk about it to warn others. Even if they scoff, even if they don't listen, even if they don't care....because it's what God says to do. But here's the thing....they hear it. They hear it because they argue with it, scoff at it and laugh it off. When all hell breaks loose and they are looking for answers, they will remember what was said in what seems to be just idle conversation to them. Some will turn to God, some will submit their lives to Jesus Christ, some will believe. That's why we do it. There's no fear on our end of the things to come, just sadness and fear for people's souls. And I like that hymn also.
We are called to be watchful of the signs and times. Much prophecy has been fulfilled and the time is near at hand. We are told that when we see these things come to pass, look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Bless those who are fearful of His coming, in them is the hope of correction beforehand. To the others, our words may indeed spark as truth against the darkness of the coming Strong Delusion. God will not leave the people without hope when He calls His Church home. There will be the remnant of the Jews, and then the ministry of the Two Witnesses which contain great signs and wonders. The work of the Holy Spirit will continue after we are gone.

Thank you for the wonderful greeting brother (sister?), it's nice to know some welcome my posts.

I'm watching, redeeming the time, because these days are evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 02:01 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,565,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
So what stopped him? Never stop Jesus, was mocked, pierced, spat on, crucified....................................but yet he wanted to go to church and did'nt because he was denied access? He saw the hatred and oppression and horrible acts done by Christians, but loved Christ?

Is'nt this the very reason that Christ came, and is coming again?
Nothing stopped him. He fought for justice until he took a bullet for it

Old 11-05-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
You don't base Christianity on the Christians but on Christ alone.
I think I have shared this poem before but...

Oh to live above with Saints we love, oh what glory
But to live below, with Saints we know, that's another story.
LoL - I heard that in the late 70's. And never forgot it. I do love saints down here though. I dislike a few though

Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
i had a lota fear b4 i was a chistian. im no angel, but that doesn't mean i won't learn to fly. sing it (dido)

Old 11-05-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I think he believed in Christ but it`s the highjacking of Christ message by the church some 500 yrs later later that changed his message and turned it into one of fear.
Exactly! Don't you ever get tired of being right all the time?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
We talk about it because it is real and it's happening now. Yes I know that everyone says that Christians have been predicting and setting dates for centuries and once again I will say that what people have said or done in the past doesn't change the prophecy that has been fulfilled, beginning with the most important in 1948. We ARE finally, actually, most definitely, for certain, no doubt about it because of what the Bible teaches in the last days before Christ's return.
Doomsday prophets have never been in short supply. I wish all commodities were like that!

Old 11-06-2008, 06:00 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,358,628 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Ghandi was right, Christianity is a religion built on fear; fear of displeasing a vengeful god, fear of hell. Ghandi was not Christian but he still respected that religion, as he did all other religions and philosophies. If only Christians could learn to respect other religions in the same way.

I think not;
Not even with the slightest stretch of the imagination
Why should we...??
Just curious; shed some light on your reasons.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:06 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,358,628 times
We should have a reverential fear of God and His Omnipotence and Holiness..
~passing through the threads on dial-up~
God Bless You

Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 AM

30,170 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
There are 365 "fear not's" in the Bible.
One for everyday,yet we major on the fear of God,fearing him, and using it as a tool of evangelism.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:15 AM

17,691 posts, read 8,866,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
One for everyday, yet we major on the fear of God, fearing him, and using it as a tool of evangelism.
I am neither influenced, nor intimidated by or through the fear of others.

"The only fear I see is the atmosphere which surrounds a person."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity