U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama won....so what's the explanation for that?
God didn't hear the prayers of those who prayed for McCain to win. 2 2.78%
God's will was done, and He wanted Obama elected. 29 40.28%
Other....explain. 41 56.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,685,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
We are far from United. With half of the US stating they do not want this man in the White House, leading our country. We're destined for a gruesome four years of liberalism. Liberals want everything their way, and when they don't get it they whine, whine, whine.

And as for no white or black. puhleeze! On election night the networks had segmented the polls by white evangelical etc. Uh, yeah, we'll have more racism issues and conversations for the next four years. I hope you all enjoy the mess our country and the world is destined for. The liberals have only themselves to blame when they realize who they truly elected into our White House.
At least you're keeping an open mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,844,212 times
Quote:
Obama won because, the majority of Americans are sick and tired of watching this nation sink into the cesspool it has been falling into for the past 8 years..We have put the word United back into the States of America..This morning we are not black Americans, white Americans, gay, straight, liberal or conservative Americans..We are one community of Americans..Be proud that you have seen a great historic event..I have lived ling enough to see many, but none compare to this

Thanks for sharing, blue! I believe that President elect Obama will work to bring all Americans together for the good of the country. His multicultural background and experiences are an asset and I am glad to witness this great historic event also. God bless.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,373,968 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
I have been virtually quite during the campaign and the reason is, I have really not been stirred by either of the candidates that were presented to us. I simply prayed to God for Him to show me how I should vote. My spirit has been troubled by this election, and I can say that both candidates had a couple of things that I did like, but there were more that I didn't. So I was very troubled.

In the end, as I had not choice but to vote, I felt God's answer to me....I chose to write in a candidate, all the while knowing it was a lost vote in the whole large scheme of things, but, unwilling to compromise my faith and sense of right. My choice, I feel was given to me by God, and it was a right choice for me.

I will pray and try my best to support our new President, after all, He will lead us for 4 years. If the Christian sector will pray, God will hear, and who knows what will happen.

Aiangel_writer;
I'm just scanning through this thread and before it turns into a migraine, I thank the Lord for always confirming His word to His servants, I noticed that World Citizen had also mentioned something about
being unsettled in my Spirit man,
I really had a moment during these last few days leading up to the election;
And all I could do was call out to God; about what I was feeling in my spirit;
I can't explain it, but it was definitive and prophetic for sure.
Now that I read your thread also, we will have to pray and wait for God to
reveal to us what it is that He was trying to speak to us about...
And He will that is why I love Him so much,
But the most troubling time for me was knowing that this time may very well be the time that we will see The word of God virtual reality
I can't put my hand on it;
But
"On Christ the solid Rock I stand
ALL other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

I'm challenging all believers to get our house in order" whatever that may be
for you "for some it will be letting go of unforgiveness and hatred and resentment and other sins, but let us start to clean our houses and put them in order... being very sure that our anchor holds and grip the Solid Rock
God is about to do something "huge"

And I plan on "Not my will Lord, But your will be done"
Let's continue to pray for President elect Obama.
Because America has definitely witnessed a drastic change in history;
And we don't want to be the ones that are not prepared with our loins girded up;
The harvest is truly ready, So let's be the laborers that we are mandated to be, and cut out all of this nonsensical talk through our emotions..
But speak the word of God; because He is our only source of help;
and He promised that He would never leave us nor forsake us....
God Bless You All CD
God Bless America
And we will Bless the Lord" at all times and His praises shall continually be in our mouths
" Let God Arise and let His enemies be scattered in The Name that above all names in heaven and in the earth,
Jesus the Christ of Nazareth "Yah" Ruler of All, The true " Prince of Peace"
Hallelujah to the lamb of God!!
"Let us pray continually on every watch"

Old 11-06-2008, 08:58 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,844,212 times
Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Obama HQ Blogger: Scenes from Election Night

Someone mentioned that President elect Obama needs our prayers and who would want this job? I believe that he must have a great love this country to put himself in this position. He is a serious target and I will pray for his safety consistently. Today, somebody posted a photo of his youngest daughter and Michelle in which they were in the same position as Coretta Scott King and her little girl during Dr. King's funeral. It was very eery but I know that God has all power and that His will will be done. God bless.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 PM

139 posts, read 377,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Since Obama won the election, I want to hear the evangelical fundamentalist Christian explanation for what happened. You all apparently prayed that McCain would win....but he didn't.

So does that mean God ignored your prayers or didn't hear you? Or was it simply that God wanted Obama to be elected?

Which is it?

Keep in mind, you all apparently would want God's will to be done, is that correct? So by virtue of the fact that Obama won, are you willing to accept that was God's will?
God is in control and His will has prevailed. When His word tells me that, He is responsible for the governing authorities that come to pass on the Earth, I take Him at His word and I have no problem with what He does. Sometimes God says yes and sometimes no but, He's always right and perfect. We have to trust in Him and not in our own understanding.

In the end, all things work together for the good of those that love Him.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,587,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
how stereo typical? lumping us all into one box we are as diverse as anyone else and you view is very condescending.
FWIW, I wasn't really trying to insinuate that you were all the same. I suppose I didn't phrase the question correctly. I should have worded it as "those of you who prayed for McCain to win". My apologies. HOWEVER.....your statement bothers me. Wouldn't it be fair to say that conservatives generally dump liberals into one box?

Old 11-06-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
Another positive about the current political and moral situation, is that now it will be easier to convince American Christians that it is time to pull out of America.

With the salt of the Earth gone, Babylon will also soon be gone. Now that the liberal Democrats control the House, Senate, and White House, maybe more Christians will see the evil that was already here before the election and now.

For those who need more info about the Babylon situation, there have been several discussions at this forum about that.
Are YOU going to pull out of America now? If so, could you enlighten us as to your plan for doing that, and where you're going?

Thanks!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:05 PM

322 posts, read 644,857 times
It has been repeatedly stated that those who don't vote have no right to complain. On election day I was out of state working and could not have voted even if I had wanted to. Working and paying taxes to help support those who do not work and pay taxes.

Ask your local neighborhood attorney if choosing not to vote automatically causes someone to loose their free speech. It's not stopped mine.

I have no plans of ever voting. I have found Life and Salvation in GOD, JESUS CHRIST. His WORD is all that counts.

The first thing Mr. Obuma did is select a pro abortionist as his chief of staff. Baby killing is obviously at the top of his list of things to do.

Let's leave America Church! The liberals will be glad to see us gone and we will be glad to go. Let's shake the dust off our feet and wash our hands of the matter. They think living like Sodom and Gomorrah is the answer. Well let's get out and give them the opportunity to test their theory. Just remember to get well back from the border to avoid any wrath overspill!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
We are far from United. With half of the US stating they do not want this man in the White House, leading our country. We're destined for a gruesome four years of liberalism. Liberals want everything their way, and when they don't get it they whine, whine, whine.
Hoosier, I have to call you out on this. It's the pot calling the kettle black to state that liberals always whine, whine, whine when they don't get their way. Seems to me the conservatives do the exact same thing. Case in point....if a state chooses to legalize gay marriage, the conservatives do their best to complain about it and have the law overthrown. Want proof that what I'm saying is true? Look at Prop 8 in California. So please spare me the hypocritical comments, okay dude?

Quote:
And as for no white or black. puhleeze! On election night the networks had segmented the polls by white evangelical etc. Uh, yeah, we'll have more racism issues and conversations for the next four years. I hope you all enjoy the mess our country and the world is destined for. The liberals have only themselves to blame when they realize who they truly elected into our White House.

Now, as for the country not being united because half the people didn't vote for him.....Wellllllll, buddy boy, let's revisit Election 2004 when Kerry didn't challenge Ohio's electoral votes going to Bush. Even farther back, in Election 2000 when the vote was so close that the whole mess had to go to the supreme court for resolution.....who won both those elections, hmmmm? I'm sure the conservatives were gloating for quite some time after each one.

How 'bout you tell me why you presume there will be a huge mess in our country as a result of Obama's election?

Old 11-06-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
It has been repeatedly stated that those who don't vote have no right to complain. On election day I was out of state working and could not have voted even if I had wanted to. Working and paying taxes to help support those who do not work and pay taxes.

Ask your local neighborhood attorney if choosing not to vote automatically causes someone to loose their free speech. It's not stopped mine.

I have no plans of ever voting. I have found Life and Salvation in GOD, JESUS CHRIST. His WORD is all that counts.

The first thing Mr. Obuma did is select a pro abortionist as his chief of staff. Baby killing is obviously at the top of his list of things to do.

Let's leave America Church! The liberals will be glad to see us gone and we will be glad to go. Let's shake the dust off our feet and wash our hands of the matter. They think living like Sodom and Gomorrah is the answer. Well let's get out and give them the opportunity to test their theory. Just remember to get well back from the border to avoid any wrath overspill!
Hey Joe....why don't you answer my question in post #77...please? I'd love to know when and if YOU are going to be leaving the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity